1 13 14 15 16 17 38 Previous Next 569 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 11:37 AM by WI-Heather Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 210. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Topsy_crets Social Care
    Currently Being Moderated

unyin,

I don't want you to be concerned; I have not abandoned the thread. I'm still waiting for further information and as I had mentioned prior will forward any inflammation once I get anything back. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 211. Re: voicemail icon not working
    JOE_JR105 Regular Visitor

Hi.  I am one of the people on this chain that was unhappy with the voicemail issue not working...

Yesterday, I called Sprint support again. 

They said that visual voicemail is the voice mail product for my HTC 8xt.  The prior icon won't work anymore.  I replied that I didn't want to pay for voicemail.  She said that the service has a free component and a premium version.  She could turn off the premium if I mistakenly started it.

She had me reload Visual Voicemail.  I had already uninstalled it and had to reload the app.  I did that, followed the setup steps and waited a few min.  The voice mail messages appeared into my visual voicemail box. 

The support person also reset my phone from her side (not a soft or hard reset on my computer) to work with the static on my calls.

Those steps were what fixed the issue of voicemail for me.  Yes, I had to setup a new icon on my phone startpage, but in the past 24 hrs it appears to be working fine.   I'll keep updating this string.

• 212. Re: voicemail icon not working
    ChrisCraftGuy Regular Visitor

When I did my hard reset recently, I decided not to venture anywhere near the Visual Voicemail app. Uninstalled the program without ever launching. After reading your post, I decided, "What the heck!". I downloaded and installed. Got through the installation process. Seemed to go fairly easy. However, now, when I launch the program, it won't stay on the screen long enough for me to select a voicemail, settings, or anything related to the program. It closes itself out immediately, and takes me back to the START screen. If this is their stock app for getting voicemail, I'm in big trouble.

• 213. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Topsy_crets Social Care

JOE_MOCERI,

Thank you for the update, with this update, what notifications are your receiving? Are the voice mails being pushed directly to the tile on your home and lock screens? Please let me know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 214. Re: voicemail icon not working
    DFG_Financial Valued Member

keep eye on this as I doubt it is fixed. HTC is working on the issue. I have done all that to no avail.

• 215. Re: voicemail icon not working
    GESNIPES Newbie

The same issue with the VM indicator also affects the ATIV. Upgrading didn't resolve the issue, but uninstalling and reinstalling did. After walking through the setup for VVM, I started getting notifications again. So if the upgrade isn't working, try uninstalling VVM and trying again.

• 216. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Regular Visitor

I've uninstalled/reinstalled so many times it's not funny anymore.  Didn't solve a thing on my Ativ S Neo. Went through setup many times.  Even did a few hard resets.  Also, if I try to change autoforward email settings inside VV, I get a Voicemail error saying it couldn't connect to server.  Never works.

• 217. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Lucas_8xt Newbie

I'm glad to hear the issue you were experiencing has been fixed. Have you tested leaving yourself a voicemail while you phone was turned off. I just tried this and when I turned my phone on, there is no indication at all that I have voicemail to retrieve. In addition, the visual voicemail app will only download my messages when my phone has Wi-Fi disabled.

• 218. Re: voicemail icon not working
    DASAAEDComm Newbie

I reinstalled the app and changed the tile to the largest size and now it seems to be working.

• 219. Re: voicemail icon not working
    samueljkl Regular Visitor

Interesting. One thing I never considered was to make the visual voicemail tile bigger.  I kept it at the smallest size to save space.  When I make the tile bigger--either the largest size or the medium size, when I received new voicemail the tile says "new voicemail."  When I make it the smallest size there is still an exclamation point on the cassette icon indicating that there is new voicemail.  Now, it does take a while for the voicemail to download to the phone.  However, once the notification appears I can dial in to the conventional voicemail and retrieve it.

• 220. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Topsy_crets Social Care

GESNIPES,

Thank you for the update in regards to this matter. Just to clarify, what issues were you having with the voice mail and notifications before? How did it change after you re-installed the app? Please let me know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 221. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Topsy_crets Social Care

Hello Everyone,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience. At this time I would ask that if you are currently experiencing issues with your Voice mail, please visit the Microsoft store on your device and update the Activate your device application. After the update, if there are any updates available for the Visual Voice Mail application we strongly recommend that everyone updates the application as well. Please let us know, how it works out and provide feedback if these steps help resolve the issue. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Please do not visit Microsoft store, if anything please try the steps on the device directly. Thank you.

• 222. Re: voicemail icon not working
    Regular Visitor

Went to my local Microsoft store today and they had no clue about the issue and ended up saying it is a sprint issue with visual voicemail.  They couldn't do anything for me.  Still waiting sprint......

• 223. Re: voicemail icon not working
    mibwsprint Newbie

This icon issue as of today 9-21-13 is still not working. I spent time at the sprint store and the tech was of no help. Also you may not have tried this but you can not store office documents on theexpansion SD card. I am so frustrated that I am considering going to an android as the techs do not seem to have a good handle on these windows phones. Hope you have better luck

• 224. Re: voicemail icon not working
    JOE_JR105 Regular Visitor

Hi Topsy_Crets,

Well, It worked fine for two days.  After that, it stopped updating.

the tile (smallest size) kept showing a message was there, but nothing was found on the list.  Later I sent myself a message and it was in normal voicemail (I exited before listening to it) and it NEVER showed up.  I went to my local sprint service center.  They did something on the web and told the servers to update something on my phone... They said it could take at least 2 hrs to work.

I left myself a voicemail and its not here on the tile or the app.  didn't work.

Message was edited by: JOE_MOCERI UPDATE I realized that my WiFi was turned off (annoyed with "WiFi Connect?" messages) and saw a note about it on another post.  I turned on my WiFi. Looked for the message (< 30 sec) and didn't see anything and left the prior message. I went to the Trash link and saw the phone say "Downloading...".  Moved to the Inbox and the new message appeared.  Also, there was a "1" next to the visual voicemail icon on the live tile (set to smallest). Does this mean I have to have the WiFi connected in order to get voicemail alerts or recordings?

1 13 14 15 16 17 38 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points