1 2 3 Previous Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 1:38 PM by SprintCare RSS

Price of Galaxy Note 3

SWISSCHOCO25 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hey Guys,

Ok so I am looking at the price of the Galaxy note 3 and noticed that the price for Sprint is still at $349.99. For some reason I was thinking that they might just drop the price to match the other carriers but I still show the price at $349.99 for current customers and $249.99 for new customers. So like the good shopper and here is the run down just in case you guys are looking like I am:

The below are for Upgrades only (with 2yr contract not the upgrade one plan and not a new customer nor adding a line

As of 10/4/13 4:15pm

Amazon= $299.99 ( temporarily not available--but you can order it at this price)
Bestbuy= $349.99 ( BUT if you purchase either the S3/S4/Note 2 you get a $50 gift card but nothing for the Note 3)

Sprint= $349.99

Walmart.com= I don't even see the Note 3 online--but they do have specials on the S3/S4/Note 2---you get a $40 gift card if you purchase one of these items

Samsclub= $299.74 (but you need a Sams card to shop here. I am sure if you have a Costco in your area you can get the same deal or price)

LetsTalk.com (I ordered my Evo from here and it was like free shipping and I got like $50 off my phone at the time, so they are pretty good)-- Price is $269.99 (but they are currently backordered plus  you get free overnight shipping whenever the phone is available).

So far that is what I got, I say shop around, don't get the phone at a Sprint store or at Sprint.com unless they are waiving the $35 fee and charging the same as Verizon/AT&T at $299.99.

So if you guys find any deals let me know!! Happy hunting!!

Steph

• 1. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    SWISSCHOCO25 Regular Visitor

Went to the Sprint store (Frisco, Tx)  and was talking to a rep there about the $50 rebate that I've been hearing about and he told me he didn't know anything about a $50 rebate. So of course I didn't buy the phone; however, Samsclub.com and Sams stores are selling the Note 3 for $288.00 (that's $62.00 cheaper than Sprint) and supposedly according to one store rep they have had the phones since Wednesday 10/2/13 (Plano, Tx). The white ones sold fast but they still had the black phones. So like I stated, SHOP AROUND before you buy from Sprint directly, everyone else seems to have deals on these phones except for them. But hey I bet if we all wanted that new iPhone 5s we would only have to pay like $180 depending on where you go.....but isn't the Apple 5s supposed to be better than Samsung phones??? Guess the price speaks for itself.

Happy Hunting!!!

• 2. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    NYClos Social Care

SWISSCHOCO25,

Thanks for doing the research and assisting other customers with bargain hunting. We always implore customers to shop around between us and our authorized retailers for the best deal possible.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 3. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

It would be nice if you guys will have a deal with Samsung and you guys had the lowest price, instead of us going around to find a good deal. Also, how come you guys don't do price matching? Every other company in the planet (not just cell carriers) have that business practice in place.

• 4. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    NYClos Social Care

Dj_Damano,

I wish we had the same deal. It'd make my job so much easier to be able to present the lowest price and I also want this phone at a lower cost. It's like that everywhere though. I can buy the same brand of paper towels cheaper at my local supermarket than I can at the drug store across the street. Same product, different store, different prices.

Amazon, for example, has the benefit of not having to run a cell phone network and operate hundreds of retail stores so they can skim prices off of the devices they sell. Competing carriers charge more for the monthly service so they can present that appeal of a few dollars off of a phone upfront.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 5. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    JUST_BZ Regular Visitor

I was in Tigerdirect (Spring Valley/Tollway - Dallas Tx) yesterday during lunch. $269.99 was their price for Note 3. Rep told me it didn't matter if it was new account or upgrade. I asked about insurance and he said they have everything Sprint has. He also told me to avoid renewing via Sprint....to always buy my phone from Tigerdirect/Walmart/Bestbuy to get best price on phone. They did have S3/S4 for some reasonable prices $19.99 to 99.99. My co-worker asked about IPhone since none were on display. I was surprised when he said they don't carry Iphone.

• 6. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

Actually you are wrong on the Amazon example, you guys run the network and charge us to pay for expenses and profits (which is very understandable). As far as the phones go, you guys are just a third party retailer, and based on the contract you have with the manufactures (like Samsung, HTC, Apple, etc.) you guys decide the price of the devices.

Stores like Amazon, Wallmart, best buy, etc. have different contracts and require the manufactures to issue deals,deals that Samsung, or any other ones, offers in general or for each specific store (and this is normal, business 101 practice).

Don't forget, the drug store and the supermarket..., they do price match each other

• 7. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

because Iphone is over exaggerated and overpriced, they dictate what to sell and at what price, many carriers no longer push iphones, because it takes them longer to recoup the money they buy the phone.

• 8. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    NYClos Social Care

Dj_Damjano,

My stores don't price match . I'll admit that I don't know the specific business models of the other companies but I do know that they have less overhead expenses and Sprint sells devices at a loss. The prices set by our number crunching people are at the lowest we can offer them while still maintaining our business.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 9. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    1990egs Newbie

I thought it was bad business ethics to lie to your customers. The fact that your saying that Sprint sells devices at a loss is a slap to the face of every single customer you have since Sprint sells out dated phones, not smart phones but basic phones that were the stepping stones for what we have today, for over $200. Considering this and the god awful customer service that Sprint is renowned for i think I'll take my business else where. Even at&t knows how to conduct business seeing as how they actually price match and sometimes set you up with extra discounts.

• 10. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    NYClos Social Care

1990egs,

I agree that it is bad ethics to provide misinformation. I wouldn't consider the Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, Galaxy S4, HTC One, Moto X, or Blackberry Q10 outdated or basic phones. If you review the retail price versus the discounted price they're sold at then you can see that they are sold at a loss with the intention of recouping over the life of the contract.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 11. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

1990egs, selling basic phones is a practice that all carriers do, not everyone needs or can use a smart phone.

NYClos, I know about your underpriced phones. And if you guys can't afford doing anything, since there is low to no margin on plans and phones, then Sprint technically is ship ready to sink, and I don't think that is the case.

What I was saying is Sprint needs to sell phones in the same ball park as the other companies, better saying, the same price. If Samsung is giving them to sprint higher then the other carriers (something that can't happen), Sprint needs to take another look at the contract they have with Samsung.

• 12. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    1990egs Newbie

none of those phones are ones that i was referring too. i was referring to the old flip phones with no camera that are used and still sold for over $200 and if sprint would work on their horrible customer service and act more competitive with rival companies then maybe they would make more seeing as how a retail consultant there makes commission on top of minimum wage so the more they sale the more they make and the more sprint makes take care of your customers and they'll take care of you

• 13. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    NYClos Social Care

1990egs,

Basic phones still retail in the $200-$300 range but that's not how much we charge when upgrading, smartphones retail for 2 to 3 times as much as a basic phone. Please advise which basic phone we are selling for over $200 http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_wall.jsp?filterString=basic_feature&INTNAV=ATG:HE:Basicphones.

We are always open to feedback and improving. Please let us know what exactly is the horrible customer service that you are referring to.

We are very competitive with rival companies. If you are just basing this off of the initial extra $50 on the Note 3, if purchased from a Sprint retail store, then please evaluate the $20-$30 extra you would potentially pay per month for the services of a competitor. www.Sprint.com/daretocompare.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 14. Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3
    MLSANDERS83 Regular Visitor

This whole thread is a joke....

Sprint claiming they sell phones at a loss, everybody is fully aware of the additional roughly $20 built into their plans to make up the additional costs. It's called a subsidy and all of the carriers are doing and consumers are finally starting to become more aware of it.

Then trying to justify the additional $50 of the phone up front by saving $20-$30/month on their plans... I've been on Sprint for 10 years and have never payed more for a phone on their service than anybody else had it offered for. Why do you think we are all on Sprint? It sure isn't because of the coverage, or the "blazing" 3G speeds (since very few areas get 4G, at the moment). Also, I think I've figured out what's actually going on here. Sprint is charging it's loyal customers an additional $50 for the phone to make up for the $100 they are giving off to new customers. That way the average comes out to what everybody else is charging in the first place. How dare you.... I understand building your new customer base, but are the few new customers you gain with that pricing worth the many customers that are going elsewhere because you ****** them off? I truly hope this $50 more doesn't become a trend for Sprint. It's about time that you drop the $100 discount for new accounts and just charge everybody the same thing. Since the death of the Premier account, loyalty is rewarded now with a slap in the face. It's pretty sad, actually.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...