1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 2:10 PM by fireguy_6364 Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    ChrisNorris19 Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

more detail

LTE 750 / 1700 / 1900
    WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    CDMA 850 / 1900
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

Verizon version doesn't support LTE 1900 / Sprint version doesn't support LTE 750, 1700
  • 91. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    BearDevo Newbie

I learned about triband LTE a couple of weeks ago when I was looking at the Note 3 release.  It wasn't a big deal for me because one posting suggested that Sprint would eventually get it--I would wait for the Note 3 triband and that would probably be out some time next year.  G4 WiMAX has been something of a joke for me because I live in the middle of a large city and can hardly get a G4 connection (It kind-of works a block away from where I live.)  Web surfing on G3 is something of a novelty but not practical because of the wait times.  And all of that comes with Sprint's unlimited data plan--an unlimited data plan like that is a great way to get your customers to voluntarily throttle-back their data.  I do my data transfers at home when I can be connected to my WiFi network.

From what I understand, triband offers 2500 which will be used for data and may not penetrate the walls of a building.  1900 which is Sprint's current standard for voice and data.  And finally 800 which is a fall-back for voice if the distance is too far from a tower of if the signal has to penetrate deep into a building.

That's all good and fine.  And I'd be happy to wait for the triband Note 3, but calls in my home now either can't get through or are getting dropped.  I haven't had that problem for the last 2 years since I switched to Sprint.  It's happening on an HTC EVO and an brand new Galaxy S4.  I know that this last part is not a part of this thread, but it's entirely crushed my hopes of waiting for the triband Note 3.  I've been waiting for the release with the same enthusiasm that some people have had for the new iPhone release.  Now I think I need to seek-out a new carrier with a better signal.   I also can't help but wonder if the new LTE transmitters are the reason for the change because I can't think of anything else that has changed.  So for me there will be no new Note 3 from Sprint (triband or not).  I realized that tonight when I finally saw that little yellow triangle with the exclamation point in it indicating that there was no signal on the new Galaxy S4.

If I wasn't having the problem with the signal, I'd go with the Note 3 with or without the triband.  Seriously, a phone is a 2 year purchase.  Technology is moving fast.  In 2 years the Note 5 will be out.  Also when more people get faster transfer speeds, are not bogged-down with slow G3 or spotty WiMAX, and actually start using their phones for true data transfers, then the networks will be able to handle more data but get more congested.  The appetite for more bandwidth will continue.  Then I'll be waiting for the next iPhone, the next Evo or the next Note 3.  There has to be a point where you find what you like even if it's going to be replaced tomorrow.  (And I think I just talked myself into liking the note 3 without the triband just for the really cool tool/toy that it is.  Imagine that.  I think I like it for what it is and not what it isn't.  Now I have to find a carrier with a good signal in my home who also will have the Note 3.)

• 92. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    fireguy_6364 Master

SKIPCONNOR wrote:

Well according to softbank ceo it going to be two more years before sprint will have devices that will take full advantage of sprint supposedly up grades . At this point I have been waiting on sprint to improve it's network and its just not happening so at this time I have chosen to start moving my lines as the contracts runs out over to Verizon I was waiting on the note 3 but it can not take advantage of 800 mhz spectrum that sprint has the 1900 mhz truly suçks indoors like at Reliant Stadium no siginal and folks with Verizon snd at&t phones work so it's just time to move on I can not wait for two years and I got all of this from msnbc

if memory serves a tri-band device has already been released..LG if im remembering right..looking for it now

found it..the LG G2. comes out in 7 days.

LG G2 Smartphone Pre-order Begins Oct. 11

^^ link that contains a report from the FCC

• 93. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    dswatson83 Regular Visitor

It is looking like the Note 3 is single band (1900) only for LTE and will only do 800MHz over CDMA. THIS IS HORRIBLE! I feel like Wimax all over again where I was promised 4G speeds, made to pay for them, and then later realized that you could only access Wimax outdoors sitting next to the tower...and still we were charged the extra $10 'premium data charge'. Now Sprint is doing the same thing by saying that it has LTE while only giving access to the 1900 MHZ band while Verizon for example has 700 & 1700 (much better for indoor coverage). Sprint, you will be out of business soon when you keep saying one thing and delivering another. Don't say you have LTE when you put out phones that can only access it right next to the tower with clear line of sight. Go indoors into a mall, store, work, or home and say goodbye to your LTE connection.

• 94. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    ChrisNorris19 Expert

You weren't forced to pay for it.. lol It was just a fee then and now it's just part of the plan.

• 95. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    ERICHCHAN3 Regular Visitor

Get the LG G2 then.  It will be a triband LTE device.  Either get the Note 3 for the user experience or just get another phone like the LG G2 or Nexus 5.

• 96. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?

Hate to break it to you but there will never be a Sprint triband LTE Note 3 coming out.  Whoever told you that is giving you a sense of false hope.  I try to help people out by cutting through the BS.  Either get the Note 3 today because of the user experience and features and not because of the network capabilities.  If you want a triband LTE phone, you will have to look towards the LG G2 or Nexus 5.

• 97. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?

The LG G2 does not come out in 7 days.  The Oct 11th date is only for preorders.  The LG G2 will be coming out during the last week of October according to the latest rumors.  That would make sense since that would give the LG G2 preorders about a 2 week lead time before release.  I am guessing probably Oct 25th or Oct 28th as the official release date of the LG G2.

• 98. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    fireguy_6364 Master

Yeah noticed that after I posted that but forgot to go back in and fix it lol

• 99. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    BearDevo Newbie

I was ahead of the curve for Wireless-AC.  I got the Wireless-AC router, had to wait for the Intel Wireless-AC card to be released and then had to wait for Intel to release drivers for the card.  It was a lot of stress for nothing.  I just got caught-up in the tech arms race of wanting the fastest, hottest, best.

Sprint is rolling-out the triband technology.  New phones are being developed and introduced to the market.  The idea that companies are not developing products for triband is hard to believe.  Even before any announcement of any product, these companies are trying to stay not just on the curve but ahead of it.  Most of the arguments and fears posted here will not be issues after a few months.  You can either wait for the triband technology to be implemented or you can upgrade to a new device now.  We're talking about an industry that outdates its technology in less than 2 years.  In less than 2 years I'll be drooling over what another phone can do.  I'll be waiting to upgrade.  I might even buy out my contract to upgrade to whatever new thing I can't live without before the 2 years is up.

It's crazy to see some of the posts that have the finality that only two triband phones are being released, that the technology is in place and implemented, and if I get the phone now--it will all be up and running.  This is just like when I got my new Wireless-AC router.  I had the router, but I didn't have anything to use the extra frequencies.  I could have waited.  If I get a triband phone and Sprint has yet to turn on the triband technology in my area, then the triband phone won't be a triband phone.  Then I'll get to complain on yet another discussion board about how bad it is that Sprint sold me a triband phone and I can't use all the bands.  Waah.

If you don't think a version of the Note isn't going to be released with the triband technology, then I don't know what to tell you.  I agree that FCC filings are a good source for new technologies, but they only indicate what a company has filed.  It's not a crystal ball.  It cannot predict what a company will file in the future.  If Sprint's right, triband LTE will be their standard.  Manufacturers will jump on the band wagon.  They'll dominate the market.

(I personally have a problem with calls not getting through and dropped calls.  Sprint believes it's a problem with a transmitting tower that I use 60% of the time.  They ran a remote diagnosis and have told me that it's not working at full power.  I don't know.  If they can't get if fixed, I'll have to move to another carrier because I can't run my business without my phone.  I like Sprint and have selected them for their customer service and nationwide coverage so I really do hope that they can fix this problem.)

And if they can get if fixed, I'll probably get the Note 3 without the triband.

• 100. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    TerencePark Newbie

i really want to upgrade my note2 and get the note3, but unfortunately i am more concerned about network connectivity and a possibility of higher speed rather than a great phone.

if nexus 5 comes with tri-band, that'll be my next phone.

• 101. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    Capt.Random Social Care

TerencePark,

Thanks for the post. The next device that will have Tri Band is the LG G2.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 103. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    TerencePark Newbie

i undersatand G2 is. but i've been reading confirmation that Nexus 5 is also coming to Sprint? so are you telling me that Nexus 5 is NOT going to be tri-band? or are you just saying G2 will be the next one?

• 104. Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    fireguy_6364 Master

the G2 is the only one that has been publicly announced so far by sprint..the nexus 5 will more than likely come to sprint..but they can not say anything about it until its been publicly announced..

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points