1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2014 12:45 PM by SprintCare RSS

11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2

4Social Sprint Admin
Currently Being Moderated

Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2

Enhancements/Fixes

- Resolves sleep mode issues

Important Notes

- Software version is MK2

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Updates article in Support for install instructions

• 1. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    RLANDSMA Newbie

So I have the new MK2 update as of yesterday, however, when I load the diagnostics page in Sprint Zone and go into the System Updates section, it tells me there is an update under device software. Upon going to the Software Update page it tells me it just checked for updates and found none. Is Sprint Zone just stuck?

2013-12-03-13-07-46.jpg

• 2. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    liechology Newbie

What exactly does "sleep mode issues" mean? I lose widgets and apps randomly when my phone sleeps.

• 3. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    crossworksinc74 Newbie

Since I installed this update the battery life on my Note2 has dramatically diminished. Are there others having the same issue?

• 4. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    fireguy_6364 Master

crossworksinc74 wrote:

Since I installed this update the battery life on my Note2 has dramatically diminished. Are there others having the same issue?

youre going to want to hit up this forum then..this one is for the update on the S4..

Samsung Galaxy Note II

• 5. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    kristinw23 Newbie

Yes! I did the update yesterday and the next thing you know - I lost over 60% of my battery life (from 100%) in 6 hours. I was at work - no apps running. Phone just in my pocket - doing nothing! I went to the Sprint Store and they did a factory reset.  The phone did say I had an update to do but I did not do it.  In addition , it said my SD card was corrupt.  However, when I got home after the reset and put my SD card in my laptop - everything was still there so I put it in my phone and it did work.  I am going to see what happens today.  Very disappointing because if it still drains there is not much they can do.  Are you still having the issue?

• 6. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

Anyone notice your device will no longer roam?  If you go into Settings -> More Networks -> Roaming  you will see the options for Roaming settings and Roaming guard are greyed out.  If you select Roaming network, it will let you select Automatic.  If you wait a few minutes, sometimes up to an hour, it will reset itself back to "Home Only", and won't roam.  It will also not roam internationally even if you device is unlocked. You might also try and call 911, mine won't anymore. 

• 7. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    SprintCare Social Care

kristinw23,

Thanks for the post. We do understand that this sort of thing can be frustrating. There have been reports of issues with the Update. unfortunately, we have to wait for Samsung and Google to send out a fix patch for these issues. Sorry for the lack of info on a fix.

Sean L
    Social Care

• 8. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    SprintCare Social Care

AwaitingModeration,

Thanks for letting us know about your issues. Have you taken your device into a service and repair location to have it looked at? I would also recommend calling directly to Samsung to see if they have a fix for the issues that you are experiencing.

Sean L
    Social Care

• 9. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    rk_bayarea Newbie

Yes. My phone used to be able to go all day without charging n now only 1/2 day even with minimal use!

• 10. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    M00R3 Newbie

Every since I ran the update my Java Script for web pages says that I need to enable Java but when I go into settings it shows that it is enabled. Is there somewhere else I should go to enable Java or should I just run a Java update on my phone?

• 11. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    Navy_Brat Newbie

I have 2 Galaxy 4's on my account and 2 Galaxy 3's on my account. First of all the issues are the same with both phones:

- Battery is sucked dry when it used to last me almost 2 days without charging

- Wi-fi won't connect

- Apps opening and closing on their own

- Notifications of files being downloaded and messages won't clear and these are from months and months ago

- I lost all of my pictures on my phone (not the older ones all from like July, 2013 and forward I lost)

I chatted with Spring online to try to fix my problems. Yah whatever they had me do made it even worse. My battery barely lasts a half day now. I have to bring my charger with me every where I go.Went to a Sprint store and they said, we can't help you it's a Samsung issue. Um no place expletive here. You are the one that sells Samsung producst so you are the one backing them telling the world it is a good device/product. You are responsible for the product you sell. Don't be like Obama and blame it on someone else. I would like my devices fixed or I want a new phone. If not then any overages I incur, they should be credited from my account. I have had Sprint for over 10 years now, have 7 lines on my account, and I get an answer of "Sorry we can't help you it is a Samsung issue!" Um no thanks. Luckily I have another phone for work and can use that because otherwise I would never have a phone to use since mine dies not even a half day in.

Now I have someone with the Galaxy 3s going to the Sprint store today since I am working all day and don't have time to deal with Sprint anymore. All I can say is fix your shi* please!!!!!

• 12. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    keithgordon01 Regular Visitor

I found a fix for the Galaxy S4 issues, for all those who are interested

1. Log into Craigslist and create a new post, advertizing a Galaxy S4 for sale, for around $250, because that is all they are going for since the update(no one wants them)

2. If someone actually buys the phone, make sure you sell it "AS IS", because once they see how slow it is, they will want their money back thinking something is wrong with the phone you sold them.

3. While on Craigslist, look for a phone that you can suffer with until your upgrade in the next year and a half, because if you upgraded to the S4, you wont be eligible until May 2015. Sorry, Sprint screwed you, they got me too.

I was able to get $225 for mine and luckily, I was able to find a Galaxy Note 2 for the same price, I met both people at the Sprint Store and did a swap on the spot.

The other option is changing carriers, and when you do, just stay away from Samdung phones. I was just advised by Samdung to root my S4, so I can put a different operating system on my phone.

I hope this helps

• 13. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    SprintCare Social Care

crossworksinc74

It has been some time since your last post. I wanted to find out if you were able to access the link to the other forum. I also wanted to find out if you are still experiencing the same issues with your device.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

• 14. Re: 11/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MK2
    SprintCare Social Care

Hey Navy_Brat,

Just checking up; are you still having the same issue?

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...