1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2014 6:53 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    ToledoS3 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry to keep this conversation running. So, I use an mvno, and when I contacted the nearest repair center, they said I couldn't be helped because of this. The mk3 version is causing serious skipping problems with my youtube. Spoke to Samsung and was told to wipe cache/partition, but still not working. Am I basically out of luck because of the kies update? Will I potentially get a fix for this? Anything Sprint could do for me considering my mvno does not have a store?

• 16. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    JB536 Newbie

I have been using the Youtube app quite a bit and have not noticed any issues.

• 17. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    MoPho2011 Valued Member

I had the multiple old notifications for the first few minutes. After the update, I had turned off phone and back on. Did you download your update with the phone plugged in at 100%? That seems to make a difference...

Anyway, the notifications kept coming, so after clearing the bar a few times, I went into my App manager files and cleared my cache and RAM (I have an app for that, I don't do all the fancy button-pushin')  NOtifications have stopped, phone is brilliant and zippy. (S3)

The upgrades are obvious to me, my ringtones all remained in place...my calendar and call logs and such are all there and accurate. Looks good. Would've been nice to have some new WALLPAPERS, but, whatev.

I had clearned Google Service Framework about 3 times before the update appeared, btw.

SO far, so good. Always clear your cache a lot, keeps phone fresh.

• 18. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    MoPho2011 Valued Member

if you are still having the notifications problems, press Google Now menu, type Downloads, you will see a Downloads arrow, click that -- they will come up and show those notifications that are hung up and keep reappearing. There will be a choice for Internet Downloads and Other. My notifications were under OTHER. Press that, and you can check boxes to remove those Notifications that are old and don't lead to a location anymore (or, mine didn't)

I had to update my Kies on the PC to 3 to get my phone to be recognized....

• 19. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    SprintCare Social Care

MoPho2011

Wow, thanks for the awesome posts! 

I am sure other users will find this most helpful.

Zena
    Social Care Team

• 20. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    MoPho2011 Valued Member

clear your Google Services Framework. Settings/Application Manager/ALL/ and then Google Services Framework and clear data/cache.

I did it twice, and then the update was there. PLUG YOUR PHONE IN! Not everyone does that, but you must do that.

I stayed up all night playing with the new update, I love the new look!

• 21. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    avest2000 Newbie

How do I get the update? My husband got his and still no update on mine

• 22. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    JBmorris1 Valued Member

One of the sprint costumer care people said that the update is still being rolled out.

• 23. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    MoPho2011 Valued Member

go to Settings/Application Manager and choose ALL from the top menu that slides. On ALL, scroll to Google Services Framework. Clear the cache and data. Go back and try to update from the Settings menu, It will show a very old date, mine shows a date in 1969?  Click Update Now. Anyway, I had to do it a couple of times, but I do this with each update, and it always manages to push through after clearing the Google Services a few times.

• 24. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    ToledoS3 Regular Visitor

This keeps getting weirder... So, still have this buggy KIES version: YouTube videos are painful to watch; Netflix skips as well; Chrome pages turn black when new tabs are opened or left alone for a while (they pop back up when you slide your finger across the screen).

However, what is most ridiculous to me is that my SprintZone diagnostics screen tells me I have new software to replace the aforementioned KIES build. Click on it over and over, but SS updater says no upgrade. Have done the GSF clear over and over, but no change. Unbelievable.

Seriously, I understand that updates are difficult across the board. I love 95% of 4.3; I just want to be able to watch video content without it skipping, and web pages that don't just disappear into the night

• 25. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    ToledoS3 Regular Visitor

I should add, just for the record, that this concerns the L710PUCMK3 version found on KIES.

• 26. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    SprintCare Social Care

JBmorris1, 

Thank you for posting and providing feedback to our Sprint community site. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know. Have a Great Day! 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

• 27. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    aretiredgi Newbie

Thanks for the post, I was getting notifications for two days now. Helped me a lot. Now can you tell me how to keep my flash from going off every time the phone rings. This update grrr...

• 28. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    SprintCare Social Care

Aretiredgi

Thanks for asking! We can certainly help with this. To enable the light notification  go to Settings>Display>Led Indicator. Enabled which notifications you want on or off and then reboot your device. Let me know if this works.

*David S
    Sprint Social Care

• 29. Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 upgraded to 4.3
    skarleta Regular Visitor

My S3 upgraded yesterday and I am getting the notifications, I went to settings applications and reset the applications, I do not see how to reset the cache.I believe my phone was plugged in and fully charged when it updated, I would really like to get rid of this problem.  Also after the reset my desktop settings changed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...