1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2014 10:55 PM by SprintCare RSS

12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8

4Social Expert
Currently Being Moderated

LG G2 Software Update -  ZV8

Enhancements/Fixes

- Audio issue enhancement

- Google security patch

Important Notes

- Software version is ZV8

- Refer to the LG G2 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

• 1. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    calgator73 Regular Visitor

I have tried updating the firmware to LS980ZV8 after I noticed my wife had received her OTA update to no avail.  I still indicate that I have LS980ZV7.  Is the push being rolled out in phases?

• 2. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    linda.conte Newbie

would like this update, where is it?  connectivity issues are driving me up a wall

• 3. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Zxar12 Regular Visitor

Is there a release notes section I can read?

Anything that is more specific than "Audio Issue Enhancement".  Does this mean you enhanced the issue to be worse?  What is the issue addressed?  Should I see any benefit from this update?  How will it affect me?

Security patch?  What was wrong?  What is it that was fixed?  Can you be more specific, please?

• 4. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Noxid1103 Newbie

Since updating this morning, I have had connections issues all day (in and out of roaming, and poor data connections). I realize that this should have nothing to do with the "zv8" update, but I can't help to think something has changed because of it. Yesterday it was fine, (data streaming, calls, ect) and today its not, and the only difference between the two days is the update. Is there something to this, is anyone else experience the same issues?

• 5. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    linda.conte Newbie

thank you for this ugrade Sprint; it seems to have helped my voice connectivity issues which were horrendous; although not perfectly - can someone explain why the Voice Network "voice test failed" seems to be permanently failed on the dashboard?  Everything is up to date now, but this remains as "failed."

data and 4GLTE connectivity continue to be working well

• 6. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    zonk39 Regular Visitor

Having the same issues u r since the upgrade went through. Connectivity to data and voice were great prior to upgrade. After upgrade, no so good. Place were I would get solid 4glte now I get spotty at best. Places were I used to have 5 bars solid of voice signal I am now luck to get 2 at best. Upgrade has done nothing for me. Before resetting it, goin to take pay a visit to the local store and see if they have any work arounds. Great phone went to average phone at best....

• 7. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    SprintCare Social Care

Zxar12,

Thanks for the post. I understand that the lack of info may be frustrating. Unfortunately due to the fact that we o not create the updates for the device we are limited to the info that we are given, You may have more luck contacting LG directly.

Sean L
    Social Care

• 8. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    SprintCare Social Care

Noxid1103,

I would like to help. Let's start by looking in your area. There may be an outage reported. For that I will need your zip and cross streets. If this is no longer an issue please disregard this message. Thanks!

Sean L
    Social Care

• 9. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    SprintCare Social Care

zonk39, 

Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site and reaching out to us in regards to your issues. I would be more than happy to investigate these matters further for you. If you can, please provide the zip code and closest intersecting cross streets of where you have these service issues. With that information I can pinpoint the main towers you are working off of and check for any issues. Please let me know, I look forward to your reply. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

• 10. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    zonk39 Regular Visitor

Charles,

I am in the 33173 area code. Voice in my area is at best very bad (particularly my house which is a dead spot) which is why I contacted sprint and am waiting for the Airwave. The spots are many for which I am experiencing the issues which is mainly voice related. The problem is that I visited one of the sprint stores and they had me adjust the settings on my phone which they had me change my mobile network settings -> preferred network mode from Global to  LTE/CDMA and had me check to make sure the Connections Optimizer was checked which it was. Also had me change roaming mode from Automatic to Home only.

Couple of days later I called sprint support. They had me change Roaming back to Automatic and enable roaming and said the -> preferred network mode should be on Global.

SO herein lies part of the problem. Store support says one thing, phone support says another. Who does the consumer believe to be the more credible source? Phone support also zapped my phone with a change and I was asked to see if this would make a difference and if not call back which I intend to do as the voice issues have not improved. I am a pretty savvy tech person and what I find fundamentally wrong with all of this is that these phones are based on Unix/Linux and there is no way to roll back an update. That's crazy! Minimally, the Sprint support staff should be able to roll a phone back from an update. I can understand if Sprint does not want the consumer to do it but support whether its in the store or on the phone should be able to do so. My 2 cents for all its worth.

To finish up, the support person on the phone told me Sprint/LG is working on fix that will be rolled out shortly (corporate babble to keep the consumer happy ??? maybe....). Herein lies another problem, why would sprint blast out an update to everyone if not everyone is having issue with the update?

Anyways, off the soap-box and appreciate your help.

• 11. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    zonk39 Regular Visitor

Charles,

Closest main intersections, 112 ave and 56 st, 107 ave and 72 st, 117 ave and 72 st and 117 ave and 56 st. Those are the 4 main intersections close to me

• 12. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    SprintCare Social Care

zonk39,

Thank you for the extensive detail and I apologize for such frustrations with the recent update.  Software updates are designed by the manufacturer and operating system developers to help provide our customers a better experience with their device with less issues and I'm sorry if this did the complete opposite.  These updates are tested prior to release but unexpected complications can occur and generally this only affects a small number of users.  You are correct, our agents are limited in certain capabilities which include reversing an update but we will always do our best to help.  I would recommend visiting your local repair center to ensure a solution is provided with this recent issue.  Please do let us know how the Airave works out; we want to make sure all these issues are solved immediately.

Sprint Social Care Team
    David

• 13. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    zonk39 Regular Visitor

David,

While i appreciate your apologies unfortunately it does nothing for the problem. I visited 2 separate sprint service centers and they could provide no solutions. The worse part of this is that i am out of my 13 day window to return the phone and i just renewed a 2 year contract and sprint has me in between a rock and a hard place. Now what? Will Sprint put their best foot forward and do the right thing and provide me with a new phone that is supposed to work? Judging from the response that Sprint has demonstrated in getting this issue fixed resolved, i am not holding my breath. 

• 14. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    lovelove33 Newbie

I am not holding my breath either. They have your money and your contract signed. End of story...on to new business to make the investors happy. I hope that they "put their best foot forward" and at least make the new contracts that we signed....worth signing. Please make our phones worth the money we paid/pay you for Sprint.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...