This discussion is locked
1 2 3 7 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2014 7:52 PM by SprintCare RSS

Determining early termination fee

Cierarenee1997 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to know how to calculate my early termination fee. I have 211 days left on my contract and have a Galaxy s2

• 1. Re: Determining early termination fee
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

sprint.com/etf

• 2. Re: Determining early termination fee
    TycoonKush Newbie

Same here Please Help i get no service at my house. 

• 4. Re: Determining early termination fee
    SprintCare Social Care

TycoonKush, I'm sorry to read about your issues at your house.  We'd need to look into some specific information on your account in order to verify the total of your current ETF, though the link Cierarenee1997 provided may also be helpful.  One of my coworkers has offered to assisted Cierarenee1997 in another thread and I'm more than happy to help you here.  Would you allow me to look into your zip code and cross streets to determine what's going on in that area?
    Thanks,
    *Christy
    Sprint Social Care Team

• 5. Re: Determining early termination fee
    ptnegropati Newbie

you have about 7 months left at $20 per month... so $140 termination fee. wait two more months and just pay the $100, which is the minimum amount they will charge you once you have 5 months or less on your contract. I plan to do the same in a few months. my zip code is 90638 and i get almost no reception in my house and have to use my wifi if I want to browse at all. I do get text messages and phone calls, but I have to leave my phone in certain spots. Hope this helps.

• 6. Re: Determining early termination fee
    SprintCare Social Care

ptnegropati

We don't want to lose you and instead would like the opportunity to address your concern. 

I looked into the 90638 area and I am not seeing any negative influences in the area. Is this problem quarantined to your home, or does it happen no matter where you are. 

If this is an isolated issue, we may have a solution to your in-building coverage issue.

Zena
    Social Care Team

• 7. Re: Determining early termination fee
    SprintCare Social Care

Cierarenee1997,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to see that you are attempting to calculate your Early Termination Fees.  I'm glad you were able to locate the link you obtained which is an accurate way to calculate your ETFs.  Was there any particular reason you were looking to leave?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 8. Re: Determining early termination fee
    SprintCare Social Care

mary-barrios,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you feel this way. We definitely do not want you to consider other providers as we'd like you to stay with us. Mind sharing with us the issues you're facing that is causing you to consider another provider? Also, I'm sorry to hear that your friend had their phone stolen. Please be advised the insurance is not used to help one upgrade early but, have their existing device model replaced.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
    Sprint Social Care Team 

• 9. Re: Determining early termination fee
    MattKristy Newbie

I too will be leaving Sprint.  Your non-sense of Tower Upgrades is a lie.  It's been your excuse for over 2 years now. I will be jumping on the Class Action Law Suite when it comes along as well.  I will let everyone one know how horrible your service and support are.  Sprint should start releasing people from their contracts as they (Sprint) can not hold up their end of the contract of providing cell phone service.  I have contacted Sprint over a dozen times and since I have one bar of service in my house Sprint chooses to not waive the ETFs.  This is ridiculous I have a "mobile" phone so I can be mobile.  I drop calls usually about 10+ a day, I have less than 3G signal as far as data goes (Usually 1X) and never get LTE, If I do see LTF the speeds are slower than when I have 3G.  Your company is failing and Dan H should come back on the TV commercials and admit failure.  I do not know where Sprint thought this would help their company to keep customers locked in and still charge ETFs... Social media and word of mouth will definitely hurt your future sales.  Do not tell me that updates are complicated and all this other non-sense, the simple fact is Sprint went the cheap route and should have added the new network and not tried replacing their existing.   The bandwidth frequency of Sprints new network is half of all the other 4G LTE providers so in essence your overdue upgrades which are driving your customers away in massive groups will be outdated, and slower than any other cell phone provider.  Another slam is that I have seen people with prepaid plans have cell and data service in areas I have none.

In a nutshell Sprint = Fail

Matt F.

• 10. Re: Determining early termination fee
    NubianEdcator Newbie

So true Matt, I was with the best coverage company for ten years but they refused to give me a plan that better fit my simple needs.  Funny they said the service was so great that most customers that leave return.  Lucky for me I can wait a few more months for my contract to end.  I have had cell phone service for over 22 years and this is the worse ever.  In those 20 years I was loyal to two carriers.  Service was good only problem had to do with customer service not willing to correct an error or plan changes.  Unlimited is useless, if you have poor service.  I am fortunate that my area in North Texas has more than one good coverage carrier so I will not have to return to my previous carrier just because I will not be one of the numbers that returned.  Maybe if Sprint ever gets better coverage I will try them again.   Customer service has been good and that keeps the door open for my money in the future.

• 11. Re: Determining early termination fee
    SprintCare Social Care

MattKristy, I can understand how easy it is to feel like you're being fed a convenient line when you think about the timeline for upgrade completion. From my perspective, I talk to people in various parts of the country every day and the work is getting done and where it's done, the experience is vastly improved with that long term sustainability that you definitely deserve.  I know that we all have our breaking points, but I do hope that you'll reconsider and stay.  My team and I would be more than happy to look into options which make that easier.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

• 12. Re: Determining early termination fee
    MIKEROBINSONSHOW88 Newbie

I've been with sprint for 7 years. I'm counting down the days until I can cancel my contract without penalty. Everything I was told at the counter in my sprint store was a complete lie when I upgraded. They said I would get 4G speeds, and my insurance covered drops and spills.

Here we are, my insurance DID NOT cover anything, and 4G is literally non existent. I live in Ny and live 10 blocks from a train. That's about a 13 minute walk. If I start streaming music when I begin walking, it won't finish buffering until I'm at home eating.

Awful.

I'm switching to Verizon in July if I can handle another 3 months of Sprint.

• 13. Re: Determining early termination fee
    SprintCare Social Care
    MIKEROBINSONSHOW88, I would hate to see you leave after 7 years. I understand that service issues can be extremely frustrating. I'd be more than happy to check out your location to see what is going on. If I can get your zip and cross streets I can see what towers are directly servicing you. What phone are you currently using? What happened with your phone? If you have TEP and it happens to drop and get a crack or has water spilled on it you are covered. If you pay the deductible you're able to get a replacement device without having to pay the full SRP for a new device or be without a phone. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. *Liz Sprint Social Care
  • 14. Re: Determining early termination fee
    Medicalpro123 Regular Visitor

I am not defending anyone, but I been with Sprint for over 11 years. In my 11 years, I had service from all other providers and I never seen any much difference except the prices and their restrictions I will not name or bash any carrier at this point. I had my worst days and the good days with Sprint. But in the last 18 month I been getting service and 4G LTE signal almost everywhere I go. I live in southeast Michigan, I tested their 4G LTE  I average over 26 Mbps and the top I got over 35 Mbps. I don`t understand why people are complaining ever VZW customers do complaining too. I guess that`s just a habit to do.

1 2 3 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points