1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2014 10:55 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    inconsolable_me Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

I just got my G2 recently. On the first day when I activated, the notification for this update popped up. I hesitated, but decided to get it anyway. I have a zero bar signal strength. I updated the PRL and profile, and it went up to one bar. It seemed better before the update. I remember getting 3 bars when I first activated and for some time after. Fortunately, it hasn´t stopped me from making calls. I had that problem with my LTEVO, so I called Sprint and a representative gave me some steps to follow and it fixed the problem. With the G2, I do get LTE almost all of the time. I even get it in my house where I couldn´t before with the LTEVO. Have you checked in Sprint Zone under My Device in the dashboard? Voice Network is "Failed" on mine still.

• 16. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    TNicoleW88 Newbie

DO NOT GET THE SYSTEM UPDATE!!!

I had the SAME PROBLEMS! I had the LG G2 early December, I got 4g LTE signals, everything was working fine. The system update was available but I oped not to update. Suddenly my phone turned off last week, black screen, wouldn't come back on. They ordered me a new LG G2 and the eff-tard at the sprint store installed the system update. Now the EXACT same type of phone I had for a month in the EXACT same places I used to take it NEVER gets 4g LTE! I only have 3G. On top of that the I lose service repeatedly for no reason.

This NEVER was a problem before the system update.

DO NOT GET THE SYSTEM UPDATE!!!!

• 17. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    juanmaz Regular Visitor

Hi Everyone! I've been having similar issues as you all. I got my G2 the day after thanksgiving. I also have an LG Bluetooth headset LGHBS700 that I have used since I got my G2 without any issues until about a week ago. The following are my phone issues I started to experience about a week ago:

1st issue:  when receiving or placing calls, the Roaming triangle indicator will light up after a few seconds of the call coming in or dialing/ringing. I called Sprint and Tech Support walked me through making sure Roaming is not on Auto Mode. The Roaming Triangle only turns on when the call is placed or received and not while the phone is on idle.

2nd issue:  when receiving a call, the top status bar background will turn Blue. Does anyone know why this happens??? It didn't do this before. Also, when a call comes in and I slide the Green button to answer, the phone stops ringing, the Green Send and Red End buttons disappear and then I cannot answer the phone, the phone will just keep ringing. If I try to answer through my Bluetooth headset, it will do the exact same thing. I have unpaired the phone and headset and waited for phone calls to come in to see if it was my headset making the issues but the same symptoms occurred. What ends up happening is that I have to let the phone ring until it rings 4-5 times and then I have to call the person back.

3rd issue:  4G LTE connectivity is very low compared to the LG Optimus G. I am talking about being in the exact same location in the 91387 zip code area as well as other areas where the Optimus G got strong 4g LTE signal.

Finally.....why can't I use the internet and be on the phone when I am on a 4G LTE area??? I thought the whole purpose of 4G LTE was to be able to use be on a phone call and surf the net if needed???

• 18. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    juanmaz Regular Visitor

TNicoleW88 wrote:

DO NOT GET THE SYSTEM UPDATE!!!

I had the SAME PROBLEMS! I had the LG G2 early December, I got 4g LTE signals, everything was working fine. The system update was available but I oped not to update. Suddenly my phone turned off last week, black screen, wouldn't come back on. They ordered me a new LG G2 and the eff-tard at the sprint store installed the system update. Now the EXACT same type of phone I had for a month in the EXACT same places I used to take it NEVER gets 4g LTE! I only have 3G. On top of that the I lose service repeatedly for no reason.

This NEVER was a problem before the system update.

DO NOT GET THE SYSTEM UPDATE!!!!

I agree....my phone is being acting up since about last week, probably around the time this update came around!!!!

• 19. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

TNicoleW88,

Thanks for your post. Often times if a device such as a replacement is activating for the first time it is automatically going to download any system update available and I apologize if the agent in the store did not advise of this. Were they able to do any troubleshooting after the fact to try to fix this? I also have the G2 and the update hasn't caused these issues for me so I'd like to help out as best I can. Please let me know what the store agents said. Thanks!

Dan
    Sprint Social Care Team

• 20. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

juanmaz,

Thanks for posting. Mind sharing with us the exact service issues you're facing? We definitely want to look into these concerns further and implement a fix.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
    Sprint Social Care Team 

• 21. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    juanmaz Regular Visitor

Dear DePaul:

Thank you for taking the time to address my phone's issues. As I explained on my post, the following are the issues that keep ocurring:

1. when a call comes in, the top status indicator bar's background turns a light blue color. It never did this before and and it started turning blue when I started having the rest of the issues.

2. when the call comes in, the triangle roaming indicator comes on. While the phone is sitting "idling" the roaming indicator is not on, but the minute the call comes in, it turns on and a warning message comes in that says "data connectivity lost due to being outside network"

3. when the call comes in and the status indicator turns blue, sometimes I can answer the call when I press the green or send button; sometimes when I press the green button, the call is not answered, the green and red (send and end) buttons disappear, phone will keep ringing and I am unable to answer. It is like the screen freezes so the only choice is to let the phone ring until voicemail picks up, which then I have to call the person back. This happens about 9 out of 10 times I receive a call.

4. When I make a call, the only thing that happens is that after the call connects and it is ringing, the roaming triangle indicator turns on. The top status indicator does not turn blue as it does when a call comes in.

5. When I called Sprint, the tech support guy had me change the roaming setting from automatic to home. The roaming turns on anywhere regardless of my location. The tech support checked my location at the time I called and he determined I was within the network service area.

My concerns are: that I get charged for roaming calls when I am not roaming, that I have to call people back when I they call me due to the fact that my phone won't answer the call.

If you can help me in any way would be greatly appreciated and thank you again for your time.

Juan Zermeno

• 22. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

Thanks for reaching out.

The LTE connectivity issues wil be fixed with a software release, no ETA yet on when it will be released. Have you tried to do a power cycle to the device. Also dial ##72786# the device will reset and then automatically reconnect to the network.  If this does not help. I would suggest taking the device to a service and repair location.

Thank you,
    *Paida

• 23. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    juanmaz Regular Visitor

Good morning Paida:

Thank you for your response and for trying to resolve my phone's issues. I will try the reset you mentioned and go from there. Thank you again!

• 24. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    juanmaz Regular Visitor

Dear SprintCare:

I tried the power cycle you mentioned and the problem is still present. Are there any other things I should try before bringing in the phone to a store?

• 25. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    juanmaz Regular Visitor

Dear SprintCare:

I contacted LG to see if they had any solutions to this phone issue and the following was their response:

Dear Mr. Zermeno,

Thank you for contacting LG Customer Service USA!

We are so sorry to hear you are having all this problems wit the phone. Since the software was recently released, we don’t have information yet about known issues.

You are more than welcome to mail the phone to our facility for a software reloaded or warranty services.

We offer a 12 month limited warranty from date of purchase which is good for manufacture defects. Liquid, physical and cosmetic damage are not covered. The device will be repaired free of charge only if there’s any manufacture defect found.

The process takes around 5-7 working days from the moment our technicians receive the phone.

You must pay for the shipping in to our facility and we will take care of the shipping back of your device.

In case you decide to send your cell phone you may either reply to this email with all your information (contact number. Name, address, IMEI / MEID #) or contact our customer service department and you will be provided with a repair authorization number.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today. At the bottom, you will be able to see a survey and score your experience with me. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Email, Live Chat or by calling 800-243-0000. Thank you very much for your kindness and patience! Please enjoy the rest of your day and I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

Lorraine D.

----------------

LG Customer Service

Toll Free number: 1-800-243-0000

LGEAI | Customer Interactive Center

Monday- Sunday

Any thoughts? Why do they mention that they "don't have any known issues"? Who notifies them that the end user is having issues with a software they released? How can the phone manufacturer be aware of an issue with their phones?  Thank you for your input!

• 26. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

juanmaz,

Thanks for the post. I am sorry that the reset did not work for you. I always say that letting the manufacturer handle issues like this is a win-win. If they can not fix the device they will send out a new one. The only crux is that it may take some time to get it back. When a company gets enough complaints about the same issue they classify it as a known issue. This drives the company to create a fix and send it to customers.

Sean L
    Social Care

• 27. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

juanmaz,

Sorry for our delay in response. If you have already tried the suggested changes and they did not work you should take your phone into a service center to be looked at. If you have already had it looked at can you please tell us what they said?

*Stephanie
    Sprint Social Care Team

• 28. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

juanmaz,

Hey there, have you had a chance to get the device looked at? Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    *Paida.

• 29. Re: 12/06 - LG G2 Software Update - ZV8
    Social Care

@linda.conte

We are glad that the update was able to provide you with better service. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...