5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 3:12 PM by SprintCare RSS

My experience with Sprint, ...

CXZhao Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Sprint customer since 2009. I have to say that Sprint DOES NOT care about their customers even under the current high competitive market. When I first got my iPhone 4S from Sprint, it had three bars at home. I paid more than $90 monthly for the plan (unlimited talk, text, and data). I did not complain because I have Wi-Fi at home, and I could receive calls and texts. However, things started getting worse. Now, I only can get one bar at home. I cannot receive calls, make calls, and I cannot even receive text messages at home.

I heard from my friend that Sprint provides a device to correct the problem, Airave. I chatted online with Sprint representatives. They provide the links to get more information about Airave. I went to the Sprint Store, the representative gave me a number that I could call for Airave. The representative told me that it is FREE. When I called that number, I was told that I should pay $99.99 for the device (Airave). I was surprised. I do not believe that anybody would like to pay for this deal. All I learned from Sprint Community and store clerks is that Airave is free for Sprint customer.

So, the only option left for me is leaving Sprint and choosing other company, T-mobile or At&T. Then, I found that I cannot carry my iPhone 4S b/c Sprint uses different system.

Based on my experience, you need to be very careful when you use Sprint service. Once you become their customer, very limited options left for you to improve the service. In addition, their plan is expensive. The service is not compatible for the price of the plan.

Suggestion: if your boss covers the fee, you can choose Sprint (Unlimited Talk, Text, Data). Otherwise, ...

• 1. Re: My experience with Sprint, ...
    SprintCare Social Care

CXZhao,

I appreciate the feedback. I do apologize for the issues you have been having. The Airave can be free but there are stipulations that first must be met. How many likes of service do you have? Please provide your zip and cross streets so I can let you know what has been going on with the towers in your area.

Sean L
    Social Care

• 2. Re: My experience with Sprint, ...
    dwbydesign Regular Visitor

So what is this Airave?  Does it make service better or faster?

I too have noticed service getting worse and worse at home and office.  When they FINALLY got 4GLTE up and going on our towers and got the upgrade in last summer, I'd routinely get 2-5mbps LTE 4G dl, which is average I think, but works.  Now?  54Kbps dl (Dialup speed), and the last few tests have been 24, 48, and one at 3kbps.  This is from the same location where last summer I got 5Mbps dl. 

Obviously, it's capacity being sucked up, and Sprint just not keeping up.

I've had nothing but frustration on Sprints lack of capacity and hence TERRIBLE data performance.  We stayed with Sprint last year because one of our lines was already in a new contract when the others came to that time.  Bit unless service and data speed improves, I won't make that mistake again.

• 3. Re: My experience with Sprint, ...
    SprintCare Social Care

CXZhao

We apologize for the late response to your post. I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to get your issue resolved. Please let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: My experience with Sprint, ...
    dwbydesign Regular Visitor

Right now, in the middle of a supposed 4GLTE area, with a BRAND NEW PHONE, I have 0.10 MB download, and 0.31 Upload 4G speed.  It can't be the phone, it's brand new.  IT HAS to be the network.

But you're not going to do anything about it, so why bother?

• 5. Re: My experience with Sprint, ...
    SprintCare Social Care

dwbydesign

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to get an answer to your question regarding the airave device.http://www.sprint.com/landings/airave_eligibility/ I have provided a link that might be helpful in case you did not. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...