9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 6:13 PM by SprintCare RSS

Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...

euragone1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

It hasn't been happening long.. two weeks tops.. I make a call and i get a clicking/ratchet noise while talking .. even the dialing ring sounds weird... Is it the Tower or the Phone?

Zip: 76039 Mid Cities.. But also Dallas Fort Worth Airport as well...

• 1. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...
    SprintCare Social Care

euragone1

Hello,

Here to help, I can understand how annoying that may be. I do see a tower in that area recently received some repairs. What device do you have? Please perform a profile update and let me know if you notice service improvements.

Roxana
    Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...

Roxana...

I have a HTC Evo LTE, I've run the updates for Profile and PRL, Plus shut the phone down for over 30 min... for a full restart... Still makes the noise,

I don't get the noise when people call me....only when I call someone do i get it...

I might have jumped the gun.. I'm getting a new Galaxy Note 3 next week.. the store had to have one shipped in from another store...

Thanks... Shawn

Message was edited by: euragone1 When I tried to update profile and Prl this morning I got a vDM Client Stopped message and loss of connection to the network...

• 3. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...
    SprintCare Social Care

euragone1,

Thanks for the reply. This sounds like it may be an issue with the device itself. Did the store order you a replacement Note 3 due to this? Keep us posted.

Regards,
    Duane
    Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...

Does this sound like a phone issue.. I just received notice of voice mail from yesterday.. and my mom has called several time and my phone doesn't even ring.. it goes straight to voice mail is what she is telling me...

Shawn 

• 5. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...

Ok the New Phone does the same thing the other phone did...! I've noticed it only happens when making mobile to mobile call's from Texas to Arkansas!

Shawn

• 6. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...
    SprintCare Social Care

euragone1-

Thanks for updating us and I'm sorry to hear that the issue followed you to the new device! It certainly sounds like this is service related. Would you mind sending us a private message with your account details? We would be happy to research your concerns further and follow up with you.

Thanks for being our customer and for updating us!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

• 7. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...
    Mus1cg1rl Newbie

have been having the same problem in the Houston Greenspoint area for the last 4 months.  I make daily calls to the two people in my family who have AT&T cell phones from this area at the same time each day and when I initiate the call, the clicking noise is there.  It sounds like someone flipping the switch on an old analog phone.  During the clicks you do not hear your caller and they do not hear you.  But, if I hang up and they call me right back, the connection is clear as a bell.  I can call other parties, my home land line for instance, and the problem isn't there.  I can call other Sprint cell phones with no problem.  ALSO, the problem disappears when I drive about 20 miles north toward The Woodlands.  It only seems to be a problem in that I-45 corridor between the North Belt (N. Sam Houston Parkway) and The Woodlands.  And, it is suspiciously related to just AT&T.  I also experience a larger number of dropped calls and "network busy" issues in this area.  I think it is a network overload issue.  I also had my phone completely checked out and it is fine.  I have spent no less than 8 hours on the phone at various times over the last 4 months with Sprint's technicians and they tried changing my MSID number - didn't fix it.  They have several times told me that there were problems with the towers and they have had me update my PRL and profile numerous times which didn't help.  They also tracked the towers I use and at one point there were no tower issues, but the problem persists.  My last call to them was yesterday, and they claim another tower issue in the area and I was to wait a couple days to see if it resolved.  Reference ticket No. 19768745-140225.  If there is a problem with their communicating with AT&T phones why can't it be identified and fixed.  I don't think it is because the AT&T phones can call me with no problem.  I'm done.  I'm paying for service I cannot use.

• 8. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...
    Mus1cg1rl Newbie

have been having the same problem in the Houston Greenspoint area for the last 4 months.  I make daily calls to the two people in my family who have AT&T cell phones from this area at the same time each day and when I initiate the call, the clicking noise is there.  It sounds like someone flipping the switch on an old analog phone.  During the clicks you do not hear your caller and they do not hear you.  But, if I hang up and they call me right back, the connection is clear as a bell.  I can call other parties, my home land line for instance, and the problem isn't there.  I can call other Sprint cell phones with no problem.  ALSO, the problem disappears when I drive about 20 miles north toward The Woodlands.  It only seems to be a problem in that I-45 corridor between the North Belt (N. Sam Houston Parkway) and The Woodlands.  And, it is suspiciously related to just AT&T.  I also experience a larger number of dropped calls and "network busy" issues in this area.  I think it is a network overload issue.  I also had my phone completely checked out and it is fine.  I have spent no less than 8 hours on the phone at various times over the last 4 months with Sprint's technicians and they tried changing my MSID number - didn't fix it.  They have several times told me that there were problems with the towers and they have had me update my PRL and profile numerous times which didn't help.  They also tracked the towers I use and at one point there were no tower issues, but the problem persists.  My last call to them was yesterday, and they claim another tower issue in the area and I was to wait a couple days to see if it resolved.  Reference ticket No. 19768745-140225.  If there is a problem with their communicating with AT&T phones why can't it be identified and fixed.  I don't think it is because the AT&T phones can call me with no problem.  I'm done.  I'm paying for service I cannot use.

• 9. Re: Clicking Noise While Talking on Phone...
    SprintCare Social Care

Mus1cg1rl, That ticket number you gave me indicates someone is definitely taking it seriously.  In this instance, since it involves a possible issue on either our end or AT&T and we can't be sure which network it is  yet, that does complicate the situation slightly. When you were given you ticket number, were you advised that we'd be calling you?  Generally, you get a call from Tech Support so they can ask you some questions.  If you miss the call, be sure to return it via the number they'll leave on your voice mail; it's the best way to get your problem fixed. - *Christy -

Sprint Social Care Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...