This discussion is locked
1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2014 1:38 AM by kalo91 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care
    Currently Being Moderated

I apologize but the fees are not new there may have been something on your account previously that qualified you to have the fee waived. Also the fee iscan industry standard and charged by other providers as well. We can look at your account and see if anything has changed that may have affected that if you'd like.

-John
    Sprint Social Care

• 16. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    ELIASBEKFLORES Newbie

should be free since we are loyal customers

• 17. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    ELIASBEKFLORES Newbie

I fought back and got one activation waived. The fine print read that there might be a charge for activation in the amount of 36.00 so either you say im charging you or im not. so the lady nicely credited 36.00 i was ready to cancel my account after 10yrs. they never could give me a reason on what determines if they decide to charge a fee or not. FIGHT BACK! this the United States Of North America for Chirst sakes!

• 18. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    KUMOTER99 Newbie

Agree.  It's just a way to scam money.  It's the reason I decided not to renew when I was at a store the other day.  But at least the salesgirl told me unlike the other poster on here.

• 19. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    singkwan2004 Newbie

I did too upgrade after the Christmas of 2013, for three phone, the first month was charged $359.00, a $200.00 over my regular bills, now and each month the phone bill charge is $236.00, a $80.00 over my old statement, if this is not going to adjust, I think after the two years I will be gone to other service provider, however, what I had was everything data on all three phone, and not they also charge the so call premium data add on, whats the difference between the everything data and premium data ? and our discount also disappeared ?

If I knew this going to cost me an ARM and LEG, I should just replace the old phone with a new one and need no upgrade. I am going to see what can I cut down some cost and maintain the bills down to under $200 a month 

• 20. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care

singkwan2004,

I'm sorry to see complications rise after you upgrading to new devices and I apologize for any frustrations.  When upgrading to a new device or if it has been 20 months since your last upgrade it is required to perform discount verification.  This ensures you are receiving the most up to date and accurate discount association for your account.  Click his link here http://mysprint.sprint.com/verify/?ECID=vanity:verify to request your discount to get you back to saving.  I understand that there can be confusion in regards to the premium data add-on.  Unlimited data allows you to access data functions on your device with no limitations.  Premium data is an add-on required for each active smartphone device on your account due to the higher quality and usage data for these models.  Are you able to review your bill details to see what caused such an extensive cost increase on your bill?

Sprint Social Care Team
    David

• 21. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care

FAIRFACTS1

Our apologies for the delayed reply.

Just wanted to check in and see if things have gotten better since the time of your original post.

Let us know if assistance is still needed, we would like to confirm a resolution.

Zena

Social Care Team

• 22. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    MERLMARY Newbie

DID THEY EVER REFUND YOU??

• 23. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care
    MERLMARY, Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site. Is there anything we can assist you with pertaining to your device or service? Please let us know, we are here to help.  Charles G. Sprint Social Care Team
  • 24. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    12345c Newbie

John or Sprint...I am really confused why Sprint would credit me an Activation fee from a promo only to turn around and charge me on a completly different line item. Not only is this deceptive this is flat out wrong. You can see they credited back the two activation fee with applicable taxes only to slip it back on the next bill. Does sprint really believe that consumers are to stupid to recognize this? Please who do I turn two to ensure that Junk fees are not added during each billing cycle?

Jun 23 Activation/Upgrade Fee Waiver-$42.18

Jun 23 Activation/Upgrade Fee Waiver-$42.18

Device Upgrade Activation Fee$72.00
  • 25. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care
    12345c Hey there, we don't want you to feel this way and want to make sure we apply the correct credits. I'm a bit confused about  these charges and would like to get a better view at your bill. Please send us a PM through here https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314 with your phone number and PIN to the account. We look forward to working with you. - Roxana Sprint Social Care
  • 26. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    kalo91 Newbie

Right after we renewed a 5 line service with sprint for another a second contract, we got charged a $36 device upgrade activation fee. Four family members were in the store at the time of pickup/signing the contract and none of this was disclosed to us. We specifically asked the representative helping us how our bill would change. Its funny how the representative would tell you don't worry be all nice and ask you to quickly sign here without disclosing any of this to you.  What sprint did is very deceptive and this is why we left Tmobile 2 years ago. This is the first time we are renewing with Spring but after the 4 years are we are moving on. Little fees added here and there add up.

Not only this but we also received a "total equipment protection" of $11. No one asked for this or even mentioned this in the store. A month later and a phone conversation with Sprint we managed to get a refund of $10.63 for the device protection fee. Note how we got charged $11 but received $10.63 back. This is pathetic!

In the past two years we told everyone how good Sprint is. Going forward that won't be the case. New Sprint customers BEWARE!

• 27. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care
    First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. This is not the experience that we strive for. Here at Sprint, we strive to make every customer experience a pleasurable one. I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future. Sprint Activation fee is a standard charge. Which, allows Sprint to activate the new service while providing lowest possible monthly service costs. Also,Total Equipment Protection provides complete protection against loss, theft and liquid or physical damage. It also covers mechanical or electrical failures due to defects or normal wear and tear and in-store repair - Nic, Sprint Social Care
  • 28. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    kalo91 Newbie

Nic

To make an experience pleasurable you have to be honest up front. Obviously this is not the first time you hear of this issue. Telling me that the necessary steps are happening to prevent this from happening in the future does nothing right now and only supports the main theme of this topic. When you say its a "standard charge" it does not mean it should be forgotten when the sales rep is doings his pitch. On that note we have an existing service, not new service. Since its a one time "new service" fee why don't you just add this to the phone price up front to make it clear? Because some customers will be disappointed to hear you are charging 10-20% per phone as advertised online or TV.

Once again you are missing the point with my comment above. Im sure the Total Equipment Protection is good for some customers that WANT to add it. But adding a $11 per phone on my bill without asking me is wrong. Why does one have to go through the hassle of calling, waiting and providing my information to a representative to remove a charge that should not have been on my account to start with?

• 29. Re: Upgrade Activation Fee
    Social Care
    kalo91, I see where you're coming from and for that, I am truly sorry for the frustration that this has caused you. I would like to offer a credit for the inconvenience. Please follow these simple steps in the link provided for further assistance. Thank you.  http://bit.ly/1qQty1X Stacy Sprint Social Care Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points