1 2 3 4 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2015 6:28 AM by janetcallison5329 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Framily plan question

connie962001 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Say I joined a "Framily" and we have 10 people and it's $25 a month.  What happens if 6 months later, 5 people switch carriers?  Will the bill now go up?

• 1. Re: Framily plan question
    Potthast8 Newbie

I don't work for Sprint, but my understanding is that if people leave your Framily plan, than the price will go up.  So it makes sense to join a framily plan with people who have been with Sprint for a long time or are able to replace people who leave quickly.  We are still looking for some people to join our plan, we have been with Sprint for 4 yrs.

• 2. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care

connie962001, 

That's a great question.  Every time someone leaves the plan (below 7 people) each person left on the plan gets an increase of $5. So in essence if you only have 5 people left each person will pay $35. 

Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. 

Dania
    Social Care

• 3. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care

Potthast8, 

Thank you for sharing. You are correct in how the Framily plan works. Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. 

Dania
    Social Care

• 4. Re: Framily plan question
    ds14 Newbie

be careful - we researched and moved our phones over - rest of group went today to do so and now they are magically saying you can't "merge" existing customers - neither group is under contract and no one told us this when we researched - nor when we switched our phones to framily - they even checked the other # to make sure she was eligible - be careful - we may be looking for a new carrier.

• 5. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care

ds14, 

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concerns.  Existing accounts can't merge with other existing account for the Framily plan.  However, each existing account can create their own Framily ID. When the other account was checked to see if they are eligible and were told yes, that means they can create their own Framily ID. 

Here is a good link with a lot of FAQ's: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/title/315d1dfb-7fe2-4e5a-b633-36db2003ecc8?INTNAV=LP:RMB:01092014:QA

Dania
    Social Care

• 6. Re: Framily plan question
    strawbeareeze Newbie

If an existing sprint customer(s) who is NOT yet on the framily plan and is upgrade eligible, or, for instance, is currently on a plan such as unlimited my way, that customer or customers may join an active framily ID can’t they?

• 7. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care
  • 8. Re: Framily plan question
    mwischnew Newbie

I set up a Framily ID for some of my coworkers to join.  A few of them are concerned wanting to make sure that if they do join now, when they are upgrade eligible will they still be able to get a discounted phone.  For example if there is an option for a free phone at that time by signing a new 2 year agreement, does being a part of the Framily Plan prevent them from getting the discounted phone?  In connection with that, would they then need to start paying the $15 a month after signing that new 2 year agreement.  Thanks for the help...

• 9. Re: Framily plan question
    grans2631 Newbie

If you sign up for the framily plan it does mess with your upgrade options as u will have to pay a higher down payment and a monthly additional charge. I myself spent hours and hours going round and round with them because it messed up my fiances upgrade and was gonna cost a bit more. Then i spent hours fighting to get my old plan back as i was advised by the rep that talked me into switching to the framily plan that i could go back to my old plan at any time. well after several calls and talking to several different reps i finally got my old plan back and hopefully the normal discount price for my fiances phone when i go back to sprint tomorrow.

• 10. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care

mwischnew, 

The Framily plan is a non-service agreement plan and thus you are not able to get a discounted phone while under the plan.  You can bring your own device; purchase one at the suggested retail price or do installment billing under the Sprint Easy Pay program. The $15 fee is for not yet upgrade eligible customers who want to go to the Framily plan.  This fee will be removed once they do become upgrade eligible at which point they can choose one of the previous mentioned phone purchase options.  For a limited time we are waiving this $15 fee for those customers who upgraded prior to 1/10/2014. 

I hope this helps answer your questions and any additional ones please feel free to post it on here. 

Dania
    Social Care

• 11. Re: Framily plan question
    mwischnew Newbie

I called several times about a week ago and was told that you are still elligible for a discounted phone and do not need to do easy pay...Just saying seems like not everyone is on the same page.  This is something people should know so that they aren't surprised when they go to upgrade their phone...

• 12. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care
    mwischnew I can understand your frustration when you are given misinformation. It is correct that if that are on a Framily plan, the only way to upgrade is through Easy Pay or buying the phone outright. Discounted phones with contracts are not available once you are on the Framily Plan. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.  Melyssa Sprint Social Care
  • 13. Re: Framily plan question
    Ballislife24 Newbie

I'm an existing Sprint customer and would not be able to benefit my full Framily  savings being I have only been granted two additional lines; Could I possibly join my best friends Framily of 4 to increase my savings? Thank you.

• 14. Re: Framily plan question
    Social Care
    Ballislife24, Thank you for the post. I can understand saving money. We can look into this for you. Can you Pm us your account number and pin code? This will allow us to look over your account for you. Hang in there. We want to help. Social Care, Lamar
1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...