1 2 3 4 5 7 Previous Next 94 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2014 11:22 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    AkitasNKayaks Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

SprintCare:

Like others on this forum, I am very disappointed that Sprint is not offering the Galaxy S5 with 32GB (or 64GB).  This phone is the best Android made and those of us that want the best want a phone that is not memory-limited.  As previously stated, the Android o/s and pre-installed applications consume around 7GB of internal memory, which is almost half of a 16GB.  My current phone has a 32GB microSD card and I have not been able to install any more applications on it for almost two years.  I would like a new phone with enough memory so I can install applications until the cows come home, on my premium phone without getting that nasty "insufficient memory" message that accompanies an aborted installation.   I have no problem paying a bit more for the best, but I have a problem paying premium prices and getting second best.

So please, SprintCare, hear our requests and tell your purchasing agents to renegotiate their contracts with Samsung and get the 32GB and 64GB S5s in your inventory.  Then maybe you'll stop losing your high-end buyers to competitors who understand their customers.

• 31. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

Just so everybody is in the same page... SAMSUNG will not produce a 64Gb S5. Also, AkitasNKayaks, not sure why you have 2 yrs that you can't install any apps, is it because you filled your SD card up? If that's the case, I seriously doubt that you use all those apps, maybe some memory cleaning will do good (back up photos, videos, etc).

I have to say, after some cleaning up and moving all I could to SD card, I now still have 7Gb in my memory and about 8Gb left on my 32Gb SD card.

• 32. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    SprintCare Social Care
    Kev-Man Ok, I totally understand. I hope that we will announce the 32GB or 64GB soon! From the sounds of it, a lot of people are interested in these. You can always stay updated at Sprint.com/newsrooms. Keep me posted if you hear anything. Thanks! *Sarah W Social Care
  • 33. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    AkitasNKayaks Regular Visitor

My 32GB microSD card is only 3/4 full.  I use an application App2SD card that tells me when I can move an app from internal memory to the SD card, and I've moved every app that can be moved.  Many apps (actually more often than not) can not be moved to the SD card (and I've never found a single app that can be installed initially on the SD card, rather I have to install it first to internal storage then move it, leaving a portion of it in internal storage. 

I confess, I have an old phone, but it was the best phone available when I bought it three years ago.  I buy the best product available at the time, because I find that keeps me satisfied longer than if I buy a lesser product.  And I am also a tech junkie, I'm always looking for new apps.  And the application designers are making more and more apps every day, apps that need more and more memory.  So I want to "inflation proof" as much as possible my next phone purchase.

DJ_Damjano: I've installed and discarded more apps than I ever thought I'd see in my entire life, and now my phone has apps that I use every day, some apps I use once a week, some apps I use once a month, and some I use just a couple of times a year.    For quite some time, I've had to uninstall what I'd call a "keeper app" before I could install and try out a new app.   I don't want to have to do that a few months after I buy the next big thing!  And with new apps being written that are bigger than ever (memory-wise), the more memory my phone has to begin with, the better.

And to Sarah @ SprintCare: thanks for the encouraging words.   Any chance Sprint might officially announce future availability of the 32GB Galaxy S5 in the near term?  I've been waiting to replace my smartphone for over a year.  The only reason I didn't buy an S4 was that Sprint only offered the 16GB version.  I'd buy the 32GB S5 from Sprint right now, were it available!  My smartphone is 3 years old and I want a new toy!

• 34. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    lolap Newbie

I agree, 16gb is NOT enough. I just canceled my Galaxy S5 pre-order for the 16gb. I'm waiting for ..at LEAST 32gb. If Sprint doesn't offer the Galaxy S5 in 32gb, I'm not upgrading my phone with Sprint. Waste of money.

• 35. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    Kev-Man Expert

Just saw this on c|net, so maybe there's still hope...

Benchmarks rekindle 'premium' Galaxy S5 rumors - CNET

And here!

Galaxy S5 with Quad HD Screen Coming Soon? - Yahoo News

• 36. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    SprintCare Social Care
    lolap, Thanks for your feedback. As of now no word on when 32gb is available for the Galaxy S5. For updates on new devices you can visit sprint.com/newsroom. Another option, you can purchase an external memory card of your choice. * Gerda Social Care Team
  • 37. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    MoPho2011 Valued Member

I have a 64 gig card now, but if the S5 won't allow us to save camera videos and photos to the SD card, but only internal storage, as your reps have verified, then yeah, I will need a phone with larger internal storage. Being unable to save the huge amount of photos I take to external storage is madness, especially with 16 gigs only. Crazy.

• 38. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    SprintCare Social Care
    MoPho2011 I understand that 16GB of on board memory is just not that much these days, but you can have a micro SD card with up to 128GB of storage. As of yet we have no confirmation on an S5 32GB for updates please check out www.sprint.com/newrooms . Stephanie P Social care
  • 39. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    Drunlar Newbie

Wow how embarrassing for sprint. Its like there reps have never used android. I went into great detail on internal partitioning, protected installations, Android OS footprint size, and why that means an external SD card won't solve the problem. Sprints response... Get an external sdcard. 3 other people try to explain it to them. Sprints response... Get an external SD card. Did anyone else read the whole thread because at this point you either have to laugh or give up on attempting to explain this logically to these reps.

Note to the reps. I recommend you reread the whole thread so you understand the problem. Perhaps you can do a little research on you own to see what we are saying. It would also be good to get a 16gig android phone, download 10 large games and use the phone for a daily so you truly understand this. You can put a 128gig card in it that's OK nothing will install to the card and you can't access it like we already pointed out.

• 40. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    MoPho2011 Valued Member

I have a 64GIG on my Galaxy S3, and I have the S5 on order. I will use my 64 and was considering a 128 at some point, UNTIL -- you announced that PHOTOS AND VIDEOS TAKEN ON THE CAMERA CANNOT BE STORED ON THE SD CARD!!!! If I have to store all photos and videos on internal storage, I'll run out the first week. Samsung has made a HUGE error, here. I have a large external storage for music and photos, so I'm REALLY upset about this.

• 41. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

Actually you can store pic and videos from the stock camera app in your SD card. You will not be able to do so if you use a 3rd party app.

• 42. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    DD_Terry Regular Visitor

They say "get an external sdcard" because that is the official response they are told to say from corporate as it satisfies most users who don't understand the issue. What corporate maybe saying is that a person who knows the issue and demands a 32gb s is not our target customer so either suck it up and buy the 16gb s4 or go away we don't want your business!

Makes no since to me why they don't offer the 32gb version as a special order over the web purchase. I've been through this last year with the S4. I inquired , started a petition, suggested,.. They did not offer it. I am doubtful they will offer the 32gb S5. But, my fingers are crossed.

• 43. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    SprintCare Social Care

I understand how that can be very frustrating.  I am an avid android user and techie so when I get asked about an Apple device, to google I go. Please understand that we do not manufacture the devices.  As a Sprint Reps, we are trained on Sprint’s network and given the basics on device usage. So unless we personally have the device or the rep is someone that is just interested in the knowledge we wouldn’t know all the information about every device. We sell about 56 different devices and I can tell you we do not know how to do everything on all of them and something like this is just not something we expected to know. It is in this case Samsung's decision if they will manufacturer a device with larger storage or not, and if they do I’m sure Sprint will be more then happy to sell it.  If you have a Sprint network issue we are on it but when you have specific question about a device that is not Network involved it may be best to reach out to the device manufacturer first or try searching google.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

• 44. Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version
    DD_Terry Regular Visitor

Clyde,

Thank you and the other Social Care guys for responding to this thread. Please note that Samsung announced they will be manufacturing both a 16gb and a 32gb model of the S5. In fact, last year Samsung also manufactured a 32gb S4 that both Verizon and AT&T sold. Sprint choose not to provide the 32gb option to its customers. So, it is Sprint's decision as to whether they will sell a higher capacity S5. Not Samsung's. (I do wish Samsung would only produced a 32gb model, then there would be no issue!)

Having said that, I hope you are right when you say:

"It is in this case Samsung's decision if they will manufacturer a device with larger storage or not, and if they do I’m sure Sprint will be more then happy to sell it."

Are you throwing a hint to the hopeful? :-)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points