1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Previous Next 331 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2014 10:32 PM by Bob6590 Go to original post RSS
  • 285. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    ga_fasteddie Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I asked specifically about GSM use in the US.  I asked a direct question but you gave a squishy answer.  The phone will work on US GSM networks when it is unlocked, that is a fact.  Sprint does not recognize facts, they hide behind their policy, even though they have agreed with the FCC to unlock the phones.  In the above thread Sprint Care said the policy had changed.  Obviously it has not. 

The phones work in the US.  You can jailbreak it and use a chip interpreter and it will work on US GSM networks.  But who wants to go to all that trouble.  If Sprint would hold up their end of the agreement they made with the FCC all these questions would go away.

I suggest that Sprint Care representatives do a little research of their own on the internet and not rely totally on the script provided by Sprint.  Then you will not look like liers.

• 286. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    muttly539 Newbie

AT&T is easy to unlock ,just go to the website put in your IMEI # AND POOF IT IS DONE..

• 287. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    wqtsprint2 Regular Visitor

SprintCare/Michael C.:

You are either grossly incompetent at your job, or intentionally lying by saying it's technically impossible to unlock iPhone 4S. It is technically possible/easy, and you/Sprint are doing that right now for international unlock. There is no technological difference between domestic and international unlocking. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you have been saying.

You/Sprint committed to FCC back in Dec 2013 that you would unlock all eligible devices in 6 steps. (Search "ctia-letter-on-unlocking.pdf" for details.) You also committed that you would implement 3 of the 6 steps in 3 months, and all the 6 steps by Dec 2014.

Now more than 3 months has passed, what are the 3 unlock steps you have made?

• 288. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    NeoOptimus Newbie

Well the "fact" also remains that not only me but you guys misguided a lot of customers. And its not just me .. all of my friends who are coming out of Sprint's contract, told me that they will NEVER go back to Sprint.
    And be worried that I will make sure that who ever I know .. will never get your service.

• 289. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    daniwmgf Newbie

My contract ended in December. I switched to T-Mobile's month-to-month plan thinking that I may go back to Sprint.  However, the odyssey I had to go through to unlock my phone makes me feel played-with and frustrated.  My contract is up, you are supposed to unlock my phone. Period.  I called and was provided a Code to unlock.  They advised me that I just needed to take the phone to a new carrier and they would be able to unlock it.  Off course, I went to another carrier and they told me that they couldnt do nothing with the code.  I went to Apple.  Apple told me that the phone was still unlocked by Sprint, and that it was only Sprint the one who could unlock it.  I plan to use the phone internationally, so it is not a matter of whether I am using it in the USA or abroad. 

If your idea is to have repeat business, this behavior the only thing that does is push away people like me who are debating whether to stay in Sprint or switch carriers.

If you do not want to unlock a phone say so, but don't play around and waste your former customers time.

I hope you get sued and/or people realize what kind of company you are and get away from you as fast as possible.  If this is your strategy to compete with the big guys, you are doomed.,

• 290. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    AmjadA Newbie

I am having the same issue of unlocking my iphone 4s by sprint. I am very disappointed with the company and the way they are handling the issue. I had an iphone 4 from at&t and after ending the contract, I contacted them once regaring unlocking the iphone 4, they asked for the IP address and in less than a week I got an email from Apple company saying "follow some steps" and the iphone was unlocked. I didn't need to call after that one call.

However, With Sprint, I had to call manytimes, and when I spoke the truth that after ending the contract, I am thinking to explore "my rights" in going to another phone company. They sent me a list of steps to follow to unlock the device for international use (which it seems a partial unlock, and still I can't have the freedom of using my iphone in the way I want). When I asked about unlocking the device again and again, Sprint people told me to wait till the last day of the contract (for me was March 31, 2014). I called them yesterday and after waiting for longtime, they told me to backup the iphone with iTunes, then reset it, then restore it, and the code should be the final step to complete the process. When I went to another company, they were not able to get the device working. Also, Sprint people told me that since I am moving into another company, the other company should unlock the iphone for me, Even though, Sprint people they know it can't happen. The iphone from sprint and connected this way on apple company system, only sprint company can request to unlock it. They know, but they tell you something else. Isn't it misleading?

And again, I spent hours waiting on the phone to speak to sprint customer services, and from a manager to another, till I got a final answer that Sprint doesn't unlock the iphone. Also, that the six digits code DOESN'T work on iphones at all. So the representative who gave me the code, and asked me questions to verify, didn't know that I have an iphone? why this misleading treatment? If you knew that it doesn't work on iphones, why are you providing it? Also, since I finished my two years contract, and Sprint took what was written in the contract as far as money and duration, the iphone now should be mine, but I still can't use it unless its with sprint AGAIN!.

• 291. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    Valued Member

I decided to try again with having Sprint unlock my 4s. I first called the tech support number and explained the situation, and the rep gave me another Sprint number to call, the actual Technicians that work with the phones. The rep that answered tried to lie to me, but I put my feet down and gave her the facts about the FCC and CTIA, and told her the official websites to check. I even told her the facts that Apple gave me regarding the 4s, including the fact that it can be unlocked for domestic use, and the fact that it can function on all networks. She then put me on hold as she checked with her boss about it. When she came back, she stated to me that she was submitting the IMEI Unlock request to Apple, and to wait 72 hours. I waited 72 hours with no unlock happening via ITunes, then waited an additional 24 and tried again.

After no luck, I called the number given to me, and the next rep tried lying to me again, and then suggested that I go to a Sprint store, have them do an IMEI check on my phone, and then they call their Tech support to send the request. I went to my local Sprint store with a copy if the CTIA Wireless Consumer Code. The rep that helped me was surprised to see it for he had no knowledge that the CTIA was updated, and he stated that no memos nor emails were sent out regarding the unlocking of phones.

Upon my request, he had me on speaker phone as he called their direct support line, and he heard the phone rep's conversation with me regarding the facts and Sprint's lies.

As I was giving the facts that even Apple gave me, the store rep decided to check online regarding all this info and found that his company was lying and that my facts were correct. He was shocked and even got upset that his upper management was purposely giving misinformation to their own customers. His co-worker who was overhearing decided to check and found that the 4s came in one model and was being utilized for both domestic GSM and CDMA use, even seeing the same model number on the phones they have on stock. Both were shocked at what they learned.

Both sales reps apologized to me for their company's wrongful tactics, and wished me luck in getting my 4s unlocked. They did also state that they hope that the law changed that would force their company to admit the truth and finally unlock their phones, and stop giving misinformation. They stated that they witnessed firsthand how much loss of business that they had, and agreed that Sprint as a company was not respecting their customers, giving bad customer service which is poor professionalism. Both sales reps agreed that Sprint needs to get with the program and focus on correct customer service, and to stop lying to their customers or else there won't be anymore business for them.

I thanked them for their time and left with continued determination to find a way to get my 4s unlocked.

• 292. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    Zzznorch Valued Member

I haven't been here for a while as I got totally exasperated with the whole domestic unlocking process.  Glad to see even Sprint personnel are starting to realize they are being lied to by their management.  I learned very early on that the 4S was capable for being fully unlocked and it is very annoying when you come to the realization that a company is lying right to your face.

• 293. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    Valued Member

I got tired of waiting for a response on the CTIA issues, so I took our two iPhone 4S's to [Inappropriate link removed] a Sprint reseller 3  weeks ago and will give that a try. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too, if we ever upgrade to something with 4G.  Our estimated bill will be about 1/3 what Sprint charged. So for now anyway, we are immune to all the misinformation from Sprint Care. They know what I mean(=> many levels of  LIES all thru the strings), now we will wait out the 12 months and maybe at the end of it the 4S phones we own will be released from hostage.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - "This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-community-terms-and-conditions Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

• 294. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    photogravity Valued Member

SprintCare wrote:

When you contacted us why did we say we couldn't unlock the phone? We've recently changed our unlock policy but there are still requirements you must meet. You can see them at http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html?ECID=vanity:unlock/ -John Sprint Social Care

At the very bottom of the page above: "Consistent with the Unlocking Commitment, Sprint and its prepaid affiliates will implement these new policies and procedures no later than February 11, 2015."

Wow! Just WOW! By the time the unlocking policy is implemented, our iPhone 4s phones will be at least 3 revisions behind the current iPhone and of no real use other than as an iPod. Nice work Sprint.

• 295. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

ga_fasteddie wrote:

I asked specifically about GSM use in the US.  I asked a direct question but you gave a squishy answer.  The phone will work on US GSM networks when it is unlocked, that is a fact.  Sprint does not recognize facts, they hide behind their policy, even though they have agreed with the FCC to unlock the phones.  In the above thread Sprint Care said the policy had changed.  Obviously it has not.

The phones work in the US.  You can jailbreak it and use a chip interpreter and it will work on US GSM networks.  But who wants to go to all that trouble.  If Sprint would hold up their end of the agreement they made with the FCC all these questions would go away.

I suggest that Sprint Care representatives do a little research of their own on the internet and not rely totally on the script provided by Sprint.  Then you will not look like liers.

ga_fasteddie, I understand your frustration. Sprint is NOT committed to unlocking our iPhones any time soon as indicated by their latest update to their unlocking faq. "Consistent with the Unlocking Commitment, Sprint and its prepaid affiliates will implement these new policies and procedures no later than February 11, 2015."

• 296. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

DarkScorpion_F wrote:

I decided to try again with having Sprint unlock my 4s. I first called the tech support number and explained the situation, and the rep gave me another Sprint number to call, the actual Technicians that work with the phones. The rep that answered tried to lie to me, but I put my feet down and gave her the facts about the FCC and CTIA, and told her the official websites to check. I even told her the facts that Apple gave me regarding the 4s, including the fact that it can be unlocked for domestic use, and the fact that it can function on all networks. She then put me on hold as she checked with her boss about it. When she came back, she stated to me that she was submitting the IMEI Unlock request to Apple, and to wait 72 hours. I waited 72 hours with no unlock happening via ITunes, then waited an additional 24 and tried again.

After no luck, I called the number given to me, and the next rep tried lying to me again, and then suggested that I go to a Sprint store, have them do an IMEI check on my phone, and then they call their Tech support to send the request. I went to my local Sprint store with a copy if the CTIA Wireless Consumer Code. The rep that helped me was surprised to see it for he had no knowledge that the CTIA was updated, and he stated that no memos nor emails were sent out regarding the unlocking of phones.

Upon my request, he had me on speaker phone as he called their direct support line, and he heard the phone rep's conversation with me regarding the facts and Sprint's lies.

As I was giving the facts that even Apple gave me, the store rep decided to check online regarding all this info and found that his company was lying and that my facts were correct. He was shocked and even got upset that his upper management was purposely giving misinformation to their own customers. His co-worker who was overhearing decided to check and found that the 4s came in one model and was being utilized for both domestic GSM and CDMA use, even seeing the same model number on the phones they have on stock. Both were shocked at what they learned.

Both sales reps apologized to me for their company's wrongful tactics, and wished me luck in getting my 4s unlocked. They did also state that they hope that the law changed that would force their company to admit the truth and finally unlock their phones, and stop giving misinformation. They stated that they witnessed firsthand how much loss of business that they had, and agreed that Sprint as a company was not respecting their customers, giving bad customer service which is poor professionalism. Both sales reps agreed that Sprint needs to get with the program and focus on correct customer service, and to stop lying to their customers or else there won't be anymore business for them.

I thanked them for their time and left with continued determination to find a way to get my 4s unlocked.

Thanks for sharing that with us. This is exactly the kind of information the FCC needs to know about. Have you filed a complaint with the FCC with this information included?

• 297. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

Bob6590 wrote:

I got tired of waiting for a response on the CTIA issues, so I took our two iPhone 4S's to [Inappropriate link removed] a Sprint reseller 3  weeks ago and will give that a try. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too, if we ever upgrade to something with 4G.  Our estimated bill will be about 1/3 what Sprint charged. So for now anyway, we are immune to all the misinformation from Sprint Care. They know what I mean(=> many levels of  LIES all thru the strings), now we will wait out the 12 months and maybe at the end of it the 4S phones we own will be released from hostage.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - "This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-community-terms-and-conditions Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

This is hilarious because you mention the MVNO that you moved to a couple posts above and the link still remains in that post, but then when you posted it a second time they removed the link. ROFLMAO.

• 298. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    Valued Member

Weird but true, like a lot of Sprint's issues!

• 299. Re: Unlock iPhone 4S
    Erik_in_TX Regular Visitor

Sprint now says they will NEVER, EVER unlock iPhone 4S's.

Their latest lies are posted straight up on their own web site.

www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html?question_box=unlock&id16=unlock

Sprint is effectively saying they won't ever unlock any SIM-enabled phone, especially any iPhone 4S, 5, 5C or 5S. Only phone MODELS they INTRODUCE starting in or after February 2015, only THOSE phones be eligible for unlocking.

Sprint deserves to die. And I'll throw in a "F" to Apple for not unlocking our phones after 2 years regardless. Apple controls the lock database. They could flip the bits and unlock all iPhones 2 years after first activated (they know since activation happens through their servers).

From the above Sprint web site link:

I've been told by another carrier that Sprint needs to unlock my SIM slot in order to use my phone on the other carrier's network.

For eligible devices, Sprint will unlock the SIM slot, to the extent that a device SIM slot is capable of being unlocked. It is important to note that not all devices are capable of being unlocked, often because of the manufacturers' device designs, and that even for those devices capable of being unlocked, not all device functionality may be capable of being unlocked.  Specifically, devices manufactured with a SIM slot within the past three years (including, but not limited to, all Apple iPhone devices), cannot be unlocked to accept a different domestic carrier's SIM for use on another domestic carrier's network. Sprint has no technological process available to do this.  In accordance with Sprint's voluntary commitment contained within CTIA's Consumer Code for Wireless Service (“Unlocking Commitment”), Sprint is working to ensure that all devices developed and launched on or after February 11, 2015 are capable of being unlocked domestically.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points