6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 11:48 PM by tommy1364 RSS

EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.

catgirrl Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

So we just had a really bad experience with Sprint.

We upgraded a phone in our account using easy pay and switch to a Framily plan. We decided we weren't satisfied and went to the local Sprint Store (not a third party store) to exchange it as we we'r
e within the 14 satisfaction guarantee. We were told because we used EasyPay we could only exchange the phone by calling customer service or through the website. I contacted customer service and they told us we could only exchange it at the store. Which is it?

Are we able to return or exchange it?

Do you stand by your 14 day satisfaction guarantee?

• 1. Re: EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    Social Care
    catgirrl, My apologies for the misinformation that was provided. With the 14 day Satisfaction Guarantee you are able to return or exchange the device to the original point of sale location. As long as it is within that time period. Returning a Sprint Easy Pay SM Phone or Easy Pay SM Tablet The Sprint Easy PaySM program allows eligible customers to purchase a new device and pay for the price of the device in 24 monthly installments, subject to device selection and approved credit. Applicable down payment and sales taxes and other surcharges based on full SRP of the device required to be paid at the time of sale. Sprint Easy PaySM customers can also try their new device for 14 days. If you aren't 100%25 satisfied with your device, return your device to your original place of purchase, and contact us within 14 days of activation (day 1 of the 14 days starts when the device is activated) to deactivate service and Sprint will: refund [Credit] any payments , including any applicable taxes and surcharges, made towards the cost of your device, less any applicable fees, and waive your remaining unpaid balance. Customers who wish to avoid having the remaining device balance appear on their bill can return their Easy Pay SM device to a Sprint-owned retail store . Customers who return their device via mail will be billed the remaining device balance, and the remaining balance will be credited when the device is received and processed by Sprint. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator. Customers who return their device via mail will be billed the remaining device balance. The remaining balance will be credited when the device is received and processed by Sprint. Customers who wish to avoid having the balance appear on their bill can return their Easy PaySM device to a Sprint-owned retail store instead. Customers who purchased their Easy PaySM device on sprint.com must return their device through a Sprint Retail store. To find a store near you, visit sprint.com/storelocator. A restocking fee of up to $35 for devices and $75 for tablets may apply. If the product is returned in its original unopened packaging, no restocking fee will be applied. Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges) and applicable charges and/or fees (including but not limited to Account Spending Limit Charge, Paper Bill Fee, Detail Bill Fee) on a prorated basis. Sprint Easy PaySM or One-UpSM customers who exercised their annual upgrade will be returned to their prior installment billing agreement status. Per the terms of Sprint's Giveback Policy, Sprint cannot ensure that Sprint will be able to return your old device. To review the full Giveback Policy, click here. If Sprint cannot provide your old device, you will be provided be a comparable device. Alex Sprint Social Care
  • 2. Re: EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    catgirrl Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply with the policy.  I am within the 14 days.  The phone is it's original condition and I tried returning to both a Sprint owned store as well through websites costumer service (the original place of purchase).  Both the Sprint Store and CS acknowledge that the phone was still eligible to be exchanged.  However, both resources told me they didn't know how to process it and that I would go somewhere else within Sprint to get an exchange. 

My issue is that neither the online store nor the a Sprint Corporate store seems to know how to process an exchange of the  phone that was purchased.  I understand EasyPay is knew program and their are always issues like this in the beginning.  What I need from you is direction on how to proceed.  I want to exchange phone.  What do I need to do next?

Thank you,

P.S.  Below is the Sprint store I tried exchanging my phone.  Not only were they not able to exchange the phone but the wiped all my settings and data on phone before they informed me of this.

Sprint Store

1235 Chestnut St
    Philadelphia, PA 19107

• 3. Re: EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    Social Care
    catgirrl, I am sorry for the confusion, I can get this cleared up for you. You would need to take the device back to the original location where it was purchased. They will then contact our dealer support line who will then remove the installment billing option for the device you have now. The store will then process the exchange through there system and initiate a new installment billing for the device you change to. Alex Sprint Social Care
  • 4. Re: EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    catgirrl Regular Visitor

We purchased the phone online.  What do I do as I purchased the phone online? 

If the original location of purchase is online for EasyPay costumers I must conclude that online EasyPay costumers have no methods for return or exchanging a phone even though you guarantee satisfaction for 14 days.

Your return policy says:

"Sprint Easy Pay SM customers who wish to exchange to a different device must return the existing device and may be required to execute a different installment billing agreement. Exchanges for Sprint Easy Pay SM customers cannot be processed thru the mail. You must go into a retail store to exchange devices. To find a store near you, visitsprint.com/storelocator."

You said:

"With the 14 day Satisfaction Guarantee you are able to return or exchange the device to the original point of sale location."

Please clarify and what next steps I should take.

• 5. Re: EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    catgirrl Regular Visitor

Ok, so I called the local Sprint store that wasn't able to process my exchange.  I talked to a manager or supervisor who told me to come back in to get the exchanged. 

Thank you. 

• 6. Re: EasyPay and 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    tommy1364 Newbie

Day of activation should be "Day 0" check your facts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...