6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5

4Social Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - NE5

Enhancements/Fixes

• Wi-Fi Calling

Important Notes

- Software version is G900PVPU1ANE5

- This update will be rolled out in batches.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update article in Support for install instruction

• 1. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5
    mmark271_ Regular Visitor

Come on, more must have been done.  Where's the rest of the changelog? 

• What about the camera opening responsiveness that the international version received?
    • What about bluetooth connectivity with car kits?
    • What about network issues through bluetooth calling?
    • What about low signal bars displayed?  Any new radio firmware?
  • 2. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

Keep in mind, Other versions of S5 (especially European), are totally different, (different processor).

Also, I have not seen any issues with the S5 as far as with bluetooth connectivity with a car or headsets.

• 3. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5
    CHINST Newbie

The S5 sucks...i have returned an S5 for both network connection and bluetooth issues and about to do the same with the replacement S5 Sport. I have a Jeep with their UConnect System and it worked flawlessly with my S2...never an issue. The issues with the S5s and the UConnect are as follows:

Pairing is not an issue.

Calls disconnect after 1 and a half rings.

When a call is canceled or disconnects on the Uconnect System, the call on the device acts like it is still connected with the screen showing green as connected and "End Call" button red and active but you can't hear anything if you put the device up to your ear.

If the call is initiated via the device, it does not automatically switch over to the paired UConnect system.

None of these issues occurred with my S2.

• 4. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5
    SprintCare Social Care

DJ, did  you need to have your Bluetooth version updated on your phone?  I'm curious because my indicators are that it's version related, that the U-Connect version may be out of date on the Jeeps.  - Christy

Sprint Social Care

• 5. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

No, I didn't do any updates on BT. I actually have used my S5 sport on 2014 Expedition, 2013 F150, 2013 Accord, after market "Dual" cd/mp3 car stereo, and a 2014 chevy (don't remember the specific type).

On all of them, I synced the phone with hands free and music play via BT.

I had to say, the expedition was a bit difficult, kind of complicated menu lol but once connected, it will always reconnect via voice command.

Also it will not matter if I initiate a call on the phone or via voice command.

• 6. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - NE5
    SprintCare Social Care
    Dj_Damjano, Thanks for your input. - Eric Sprint Social Care
  • 7. Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update -  NE5
    mmark271_ Regular Visitor

CHINST wrote:

The S5 sucks...i have returned an S5 for both network connection and bluetooth issues and about to do the same with the replacement S5 Sport. I have a Jeep with their UConnect System and it worked flawlessly with my S2...never an issue. The issues with the S5s and the UConnect are as follows:

Pairing is not an issue.

Calls disconnect after 1 and a half rings.

When a call is canceled or disconnects on the Uconnect System, the call on the device acts like it is still connected with the screen showing green as connected and "End Call" button red and active but you can't hear anything if you put the device up to your ear.

If the call is initiated via the device, it does not automatically switch over to the paired UConnect system.

None of these issues occurred with my S2.

I sent you a PM that could solve your issues with the Uconnect system.  It's an issue on both sides of the fence (Samsung/Sprint and Uconnect) but I can help.  Check out your private messages and let me know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...