This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 6:24 PM by Stradimus RSS

Outage in Detroit area?

Stradimus Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have seen a couple of postings about possible outages around the country. I wish to add one more to the list of inquiries. I am in the Detroit area and am not recieving any service despite being connected to the local tower (IE I have a connection but no 3G connection symbol and no ability to make calls/texts). Specifics as follows:

Phone: Galaxy S3

Exact Area: Ypsilanti, MI

Cross Streets: Leforge/Huron River Dr

Wireless Capability: Wifi is working correctly

Any update would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Outage in Detroit area?
    Sprint-family1 Newbie

I am having the exact same problem. I am also in the Ypsilanti, MI area and I have an iphone 4s on sprint. Wifi also works correctly. The only outage that I see planned for the detroit area is on 10/15 and it says it will be out for 0 hours.

• 2. Re: Outage in Detroit area?
    leavingforverizon Newbie

same here

• 3. Re: Outage in Detroit area?
    Fungusguy Newbie

All phones (iPhones and Samsungs) have same symptoms as listed by Stradimus.  Location is within 1 mile of Leforge/Huron Riv Dr.  Phones have 2-3 bars but won't connect on outgoing calls; incoming calls go directly to voicemail.  Phones won't ring. 

Is there report of tower issues?

• 4. Re: Outage in Detroit area?
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello and Thank you for reporting this problem in the Sprint.com Communities.  Network Operations identified a problem with the tower located NW of W Clark Rd and Leforge Rd.  It appears to be a problem with the LEC or local exchange carrier which means either power or data into the tower is impaired.  Technicians have been dispatched and are partnering with the LEC technicians.  We hope to have the service restored within 48 hours. 

At 2012/10/06 14:29:44 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the East Michigan : Ann Arbor Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) .

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 5. Re: Outage in Detroit area?
    Stradimus Newbie

The issue now appears to be resolved as I am capable of making calls/texts once again. Thank you for the attention to this matter, tomdeaver.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...