This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 4:05 PM by only1ruth.e RSS

I did it! How to stop voicemail-to-text without giving your information to a sprint helper.

MONOKURO800 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

On my HTC EVO 4G, I did the following:

From home screen: main menu (just above the home button) > voicemail > menu > settings > voicemail-to-text > unsubscribe

You may find that the little circle spins around for several minutes. Mine did. It eventualy confirmed that I successfully unsubscribed from the service.

I ran a test once this was done and called myself and was sent to my Sprint voice mail program. Before Sprint switched me to voicemail-to-text, I used Google Voice to receive and store all of my voice mails. I used it more for the storage than for the transcribing, which is as only slightly more accurate than voicemail-to-text.

To those who use Google Voice, if you wish to go back to that service after terminating your Sprint voicemail-to-text, you will need to log in to your Google Voice account and re-activate the service for your cell phone number. I suspect this will be the case with users of any other similar non-Sprint voice mail storage services.

Sprint, I've been very happy with the service I have received as a customer for the last 10+ years, and this is the first time I've really been annoyed by a change you've made. Voicemail-to-text is definitely nifty, but it would have been best if it had been offered as an opt-in service. It's obvious it's unpopular with a lot of people.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...