This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2012 1:50 PM by MasonJack9 RSS

When I block a person from texting me, do they know?

jillnigbur Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I don't want is person to know I blocked them. Do they receive any messages that say that with either text or calls?

• 1. Re: When I block a person from texting me, do they know?
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello.  For text messaging here's what you and the blocked number will receive. 

1. Blocked senders will receive a reply text when sending messages to your phone stating: 
      • The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages. Msg 2109.
    2. When sending messages to someone on your block list, a return message will be returned on the phone stating: 
      • The recipient you are sending to is in your block list. You have chosen to block all texts from (and to) this recipient. Msg 2134.
    3. Numbers can also be added to your block list by sending a text message to 9999 and including the word Block followed by the phone number or short code to add.

For Calls, here's the information that will be heard. 

1. Incoming callers from a blocked phone number hear: 
      • The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Message 18.
    2. Outgoing calls to a blocked phone number receive message: 
      • You are not authorized to make calls to this number by the account holder. Message 19.
    3. Phone numbers added to the Selected Call Blocking List restricts both outgoing and incoming calls to the blocked phone number.

Hope this helps,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 2. Re: When I block a person from texting me, do they know?
    MasonJack9 Newbie

They will not be notified, but obviously they will not be able to pull you up in the search engine.   It could mean to them that you either blocked them or closed your account.   They won't know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points