1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 10:49 PM by ALK5 RSS

Sprint ID has stopped working errors

GeoffSG Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

After getting the FI27 update this morning I've repeatedly gotten the Sprint ID error.  I tried the fixes recommended in a previous post ( http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97358 ) and all were ineffective.  Any fixes? 

• 1. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    kiki3469 Regular Visitor

I also tried the solutions there with zero success on my son's phone.  His phone just updated today to F127 and never had this problem before.  His phone is constantly freezing and then the pop up saying Sprint ID has stopped working. For me it's not just the play store, it's any app. Basically his phone is worse than before and almost useless due to the constant freezing opening just about any app.  I'm taking his up to our local Sprint store tomorrow so if I find a solution from them I'll let you know. 

• 2. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    kiki3469 Regular Visitor

I found a solution.  I ended up doing a factory reset and no more problems.  I figured Sprint would do a factory reset when I took it in anyway.  After doing the factory reset Sprint ID is now called Mobile ID in his app drawer, but if you go into manage your apps it's still called Sprint ID.  I've installed and unistalled a few apps on the market with no problems.  I've restarted his phone many times with no problems at all.  I couldn't even get into Sprint ID without it crashing prior to the factory reset and no problems now. 

• 3. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    GeoffSG Newbie

I know there's a lot of info out there on doing resets (& backups) but that is part of the problem.  What is the easiest way to back up my phone data prior to doing a reset?  My phone is not rooted.  I'd like to preserve as much as possible on my phone (app preferences, data, etc) while still wiping out whatever is causing the issues.  Any suggestions? 

• 4. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    bill9999 Regular Visitor

I was getting the Sprint ID errors. I wiped the cache in recovery and it hasn't happened since. That was Monday night.

• 5. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    GeoffSG Newbie

Hey Bill - what do you mean wiped the cache in recovery?  I tried clearing the cache & data for the Sprint ID application (>Settings >Applications >Sprint ID >Clear cache) but the cache was already at 0.00B.  Did you do something else?

• 6. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    bill9999 Regular Visitor

This post contains information about wipeing the cache

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/480193#480193

• 7. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    mgonzales085 Valued Member

Okay, for the past couple of days, my phone keeps freezing up and then pops up "Sprint ID has stopped working." What the heck is this? This started once I performed the update and now it keeps getting worse. Just about every other time I try to open an app or even click on the homescreen to perform an action, it freezes and that little message pops up. I understand that no update is going to be perfect but c'mon...this is getting a little crazy! Any others experiencing this issue too or am I just going insane?

• 8. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello and sorry to hear about the trouble with your phone.  The post above yours, contains a link about "wiping the cache" from your phone.  Try that and let us know if the problem persists. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/480193#480193

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 9. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    GeoffSG Newbie

I went with the nuclear option - full reset (as described in link above).  No more Sprint ID errors though now my phone is turning off repeatedly throughout the day.  Bringing it to Sprint soon. 

edit: wiping the cache did not work

• 10. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Sorry to hear about that.  The update may have not finalized properly which a Sprint Service & Repair Center can do manually. 

We apologize for the trouble,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 11. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    SPRINTSHARMA2 Regular Visitor

Honestly, Sprint really sucks.

My Samasung Galaxy SII (Epic 4g touch) was working perfectly before the last update included the dreaded SPRINT ID. This thing has caused me nothing but problems ever since.

It was automatically downloaded and, initially, didn't do anything. But I kept getting the "Sprint ID error." So I was like, "hmmm, what is this thing?" I tried to uninstall it, but of course there was no link to it in the Applications list. SO I clicked on Sprint ID and clicked "Samsung" as the ID Pack just to see what it does. (Well, let this be a warning to anyone who hasn't yet installed Sprint ID, just let your phone keep crashing the Sprint ID app, instead of clicking on Sprint ID.) Because ever since then, it installed the "NEW" launcher app on my phone which wiped out all my screens that I had up to that point. I had widgets setup for my email, calendar, directories, etc. All my work info gone. Of course, all that info was still on my phone, I just lost all my convenient access to it that I've setup over the past year. My business productivity went down to ZERO! While futily trying to get my old home screens back, I finally realized, "Ok, I'll just deal with the new Sprint ID launcher and spend the 2 days it takes to re-do all my 5 home screens."

Well, I've spent the past 2 days doing just that...setting up my email widget, calendar widget, bank widget, transactions widgets, etc, etc, etc. And then my phone will hang, something will crash, and all my widgets will be gone...disappeared! And my phone has been crashing ever since. Everytime I try to redo my home screens, they eventually disappear, and I have to redo it. It's happened around 10 times already.

At this point, I'm relegated to have an entirely blank 5 home screens. Cuz if I add anything, it will only disappear anyway. I am forced to open my application list and search for anything I want to do on my phone.

I have 5 phones on my plan. I'm honestly ready to just dump Sprint and go with Verizon. I've just been entirely soured by this whole process. I've called customer service who didn't seem to have a solution. Except that when I ask if anybody else has complained about this, they said a lot of people have.

Why oh why did Sprint have to add some ****** piece of bloatware to our phones to essentially cripple it. I'm ready to throw my phone out the window...

• 12. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    Eludium-Q36 Valued Member

Got this error a few times over a few days, ignored it, and it's no longer a problem. If it does pop-up again/frequently to the point of aggravation then I'd  power off (and maybe pull the battery for a minute) before doing anything more drastic that typically results in data loss. Rebooting the phone like this has resolved all annoying little problems so far. (I've never cleared cache nor factory-reset in the 13-months I've had my awesome E4GT.)

• 13. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    mgonzales085 Valued Member

Hello,

No dice at all...problem still exists. What I don't understand is why doesn't the update contain all of the necessary steps for functionality, so people do not have to go through all this nonsense just to get their phones to function. Yes, I know there are many people who are very tech-friendly and can figure things out as they go but a majority of others are just regular folks who do not have much knowledge about this and that. They expect their phones to work for them reliably and unfortunately this is not the case for a majority of people and myself. Basically, when a software update is sent out, customers expect it to be fully complete and not have to go through other methods afterwards just to get their phone to work properly. Man, I am just counting the days before my upgrade (or my contract is up) so I can move on with a different phone or possibly jump ship to another provider. 

• 14. Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

From your contacts, menu > view which catagories do you see contacts within? are you using some sort of backup / restore uitility, or the export/import option from contacts?

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...