This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 1:26 AM by vlukyanchuk RSS

Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.

TR111 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Lost my iphone 4S after 6 months of having it. I am a Spring customer since 2004 (8 years). You would think that as a "valued customer" they would offer to do something for me, at least give me some discount so I can purchase a new iphone, but no, nothing. The most they offer is for me to add a "dummy line" so I can buy a phone with the discounted price but the minimum to keep this dummy line is $25 a month for a contract of 2 years. (Which turns out to be $600 after 2 years). Really!?!?!? Come on, what a rip off.

I loved Sprint but now I am walking away from it. Going with a new carrier who will treat me better. AT&T has apple iphone insurance for lost or stolen for only $6.99 a month.

Sprint sucks! Just saying it...

Oh and btw, I was already unhappy with how SLOW the internet was! Pandora kept getting cut whenever I was on the network internet, I couldnt' even listen to music.

Sprint lost my business, they could have me for a lifetime had they offered me a discount to buy a new phone. (And yeah, buying a refurbished Iphone 4S for $400 is not an option either.

NOT COOL SPRINT!

• 1. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    uppetey Valued Member

if you did not have TEP then i understand why they wouldnt help you.  i doubt any carrier would if you did not have insurance.

• 2. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    racingviking Regular Visitor

If you didn't buy insurance, why should they discount anything?  They certainly didn't lose your phone for you.  Why do you think you are entitled to anything other than purchasing a new full-price phone?  Wow.

• 3. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    TR111 Newbie

Number 1 my phone was STOLEN.

Number 2 I did have insurance but Sprint insurance doesn't cover LOST/STOLEN phones.

Number 3: Having been a customer for 8 years paying a LOT of money on the current plan that I have, I expected them to at least offer me some type of discount as a valued customer. They want to make a profit out of selling me a new phone for $549 dollars or a refurbished one for $400 when they buy used iphones for $200 from customers that are trading in their Iphone 4S for the new Iphone 5. This is a once in 8 years type of event. It wouldn't hurt to offer SOME kind of discount to keep me as a customer.They would recuperate that in a few months as I would continue with Sprint.

That is my opinion, PERIOD. However I dont care anymore as I just called Sprint and terminated my account. Had paid a security deposit years ago, and they can keep that, I dont have a social security so def not worried about loosing anything.

• 4. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    TR111 Newbie

By the way, the lady at the Sprint store suggested that I reactivated my previously old blackberry device and that I then called the insurance and claimed to have "Stolen" my blackberry device to get a new blackberry because the insurance replaces lost blackberries. Unbelievable she would suggest that. That is for sure out of the question.

I will be happier with another carrier (such as AT&T) that has an insurance that actually covers stolen iphones which to me translates into better customer care.

• 5. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

I am sorry for the run around that you received. You are right, Sprint does not offer insurance on the iPhone, we only offer Apple Care through Apple which does not cover lost or stolen iPhones. Did you have Find My Phone set up with your Apple ID or Sprint Family Locator set up?

• 6. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    uppetey Valued Member

ok then, you said it was lost, not stolen.  now that fact that sprint only offers apple care is fine but if apple care doesnt cover lost or stolen phones then sprint should offer some service for those who must have an iphone that will cover lost or stolen iphones.

• 7. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

We are trying to work out some sort of protection plan for the iPhone, just do not have one as of yet. But there are alternate ways to protect and track the device if it were lost or stolen.

• 8. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    mavka Expert

Sprint isn't going to get rich selling you a phone at retail. They make money on the service, not the device. If you have Apple insurance, and Apple's insurance doesn't cover your loss, you should rephrase your comment to "Apple sucks", since Sprint didn't do you wrong. You're not entitled to a gratis replacement. Cinch up your britches and move on.

• 9. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    John122701 Newbie

This is very sad and i don't understand why there is no insurence for the phone i am paying over $200 a month for crapy service. And so called LTE yeah another

bs. It was fast for few days now it almost like dial up. Service stuck in NYC (Manhattan). I read on line the LTE won't be in until March. Which we all know they won't happen in march. They are justing taking our money. I should never moved to sprint.

• 10. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    smotrs Master

So if I'm reading this right. Apple only allowed Sprint to provide Apple Care, not TEP like with other phones? I'm assuming this was a contract term for Sprint to be able to sell/offer the phone?

• 11. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    fireguy_6364 Master

maybe this incident will justify a move towards a android phone next time? especially since its covered..you still have to pay the 100-150 bucks..but compared to buying a phone outright i dont see the issue with it

• 12. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    mavka Expert

Correct, smotrs, although the reasoning and the details are a mystery. I can imagine there was some concern about the customer becoming confused if presented with a choice of insurance. More likely, Apple didn't want anything competing with its own insurance. But that's all just speculation. The real lesson is that a wise consumer will pay attention to what's offered, and make informed decisions. AppleCare doesn't cover loss or theft, and they put that fact in plain sight. Don't like it? Don't buy it! Get something else. Pro tip: go to google.com, and type in "cell phone insurance".

• 13. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Smotrs you are correct we can only sell the Applecare Plus protection plan form apple on the Iphone.  We would like to be able to Sell the Asurion product for Lost or stolen devices.  At this point it is only available from third party venders.   Tracking of a lost phone is aavailabale if you have the Find me activated on the Iphone. 
    This  tracking has to be done from your computer not by Sprint.

• 14. Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.
    MelissaBates021167 Newbie

Sadly, i have lost my iphone too and Find my iPhone doesn't work if the phone is dead. Which mine is.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...