This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 7:13 PM by mingin RSS

Forward from cell to home phone online?

mingin Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way to set up call forwarding online? Huricane Sandy has knocked out cell reception while I'm home, so I'd like to forward my cell calls to my home phone.

• 1. Re: Forward from cell to home phone online?
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

Yes it is possible to forward calls to your home phone. You can try dialing *72 on your mobile phone and input the number that you want it forwarded to, or you can call technical support and we have a tool we can use to putthat information in for you.

Unconditional call forwarding (*72) charge is $0.20 per minute, unless you are on the simply everything and everything business plans, there is no charge.

Ray

• 2. Re: Forward from cell to home phone online?
    Levi4u Master

Customer care can place one of the FREE(*28 or *73) call forwarding options on your line until your service is restored. No sense in paying when the others are included in the plan you do have. If you can't call in try using http://www.sprint.com/landings/chat/?ECID=vanity:chat

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Use_Call_Forwarding_on_your_Sprint_phone/case-wh164052-20100805-133947?question_box=call%20forwarding&id16=call%20forwarding

Unconditional Call Forwarding - forwards all calls and incoming calls not received and is charged at $0.20 per minute unless you're on an UNLIMITED Simply Everything plan

• To activate Unconditional Call Forwarding:
      • Press *72
      • Enter the 10-digit phone number to forward the calls to
      • Press Talk
      • Listen for the alert tones that tell you Call Forwarding is turned on
    • To deactivate Unconditional Call Forwarding:
      • Press *720
      • Press Talk
      • Listen for the alert tones that tell you Call Forwarding is turned off

Conditional Call Forwarding - offers different types of forwarding options, based on when you want the calls to forward or not forward and is free for all active Sprint customers

• No Answer and Busy - forwards calls to an alternate number when not answered or when the line is busy
      • To activate No Answer/Busy Call Forwarding:
        • Enter *28
        • Press Talk
        • Listen for the alert tones that tell you Call Forwarding is activated
      • To deactivate No Answer/Busy Call Forwarding:
        • Enter *38
        • Press Talk
        • Listen for the alert tones that tell you Call Forwarding is deactivated
    • No Answer - forwards calls to an alternate number when not answered or when you press the End key on your phone; all calls that are not answered after 23 seconds will be routed to the alternate number
      • To activate No Answer Call Forwarding:
        • Enter *73
        • Press Talk
      • To deactivate No Answer Call Forwarding:
        • Enter *730
        • Press Talk
    • Busy - forwards calls to an alternate number when your line is busy
      • To activate Busy Call Forwarding:
        • Enter *74
        • Press Talk
      • To deactivate Busy Call Forwarding:
        • Enter *740
        • Press Talk
  • 3. Re: Forward from cell to home phone online?
    mingin Newbie

Thanks for your quick reply. I was hoping their was an online tool I could use myself. I have no cell service and don't feel like heading out to find a signal, so I'll call tech support. Thanks again for your help.

• 4. Re: Forward from cell to home phone online?
    mingin Newbie

Wow, thanks for your clear and in-depth answer. Very helpful! You guys are awesome.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points