1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 10:09 AM by RC1024 RSS

Bugs experience with Software version 2.89.651.2 710RD

thuongthao Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

This is the current spec on my phone:

Android 4.0.3

HTC Sense version 3.6

Software version 2.89.651.2 710RD

These are few main bugs that I am experiencing now. It hasn't been this bad with previous version of software

• Random restarting the phone - I haven't had this issue before, or maybe once or twice. But this is now a problem and it occurs quite regularly. I noticed that something open Facebook app, then turn off the display, it could cause this (not all the time though).
  • WIFI disconnected soon after locking the phone and screen is turned off. Huge annoyance!!
  • Battery does drain faster than before. The Battery Saver mode is gone. I normally daily charge my phone before bed, and it could last almost through the day. I now have to charge the phone mid-day so I can use at night. I know this phone consumes power, but this is silly.
  • Alarm sound is stuck at minimum volume when lower the volume of Media while phone is on vibrate mode.
  • When signal is weak and it switches to analog mode, the time is in ETS time, rather my local time zone which is MTS.

Anyone experience these issues on your phone? Are there fixes?

• 1. Re: Bugs experience with Software version 2.89.651.2 710RD
    RC1024 Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello thuongthao, phone models upgraded to ICS from GB do typically consume battery a bit faster than phone models that have ICS as their first Android version. Problems related to device encryption, Alarm volume, and Timezone have been reported. for WiFi, try setting the sleep mode to a different setting, from wifi settings press menu, then advanced. for the phone crashing, a store tech can pull the log to report this. although since you seem to have an idea of it's cause you may want to first try clearing cache/data for facebook.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points