This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 2:41 PM by GUYLENE03 RSS

Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!

misael209x Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

This is the second time this has happened to me and im worried that i will get charged for this. The first time this happened to me i was in my room, listening to pandora and i got a notification stating that i was data roaming and just an hour ago i was in school about to go inside my class and i got the same notification! why am i getting roaming? i live and go to school in the same townf or crying out loud! i have zero reception at the moment as well! and im using 3g not 4g to conserve battery life.

After getting out of class i couldnt make a single phone call and after switching the phone off and back on again it seemed to work and that little circle with a slash inside it was gone where the signal bar is at.

i have the samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g and ive only had it for about a week but this whole data roaming and no reception is getting on my last nerves!

what can i do to make this stop? i tried to turn off data roaming on my phone but i couldnt figure out where to go and switch it off.

i will be very upset if my next mont bill comes with a data roaming charge!

• 1. Re: Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Sorry you are having an issue with data.  First we do not charge for data roaming  I sounds as if there is a tower issue  could you give cross streets near you city and state

• 2. Re: Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!
    rastismonkey Regular Visitor

yes and beware i have been with sprint for 10+ years and pay all my bills online. i have three phones on 1 plan and the other day they cut off the third line. i never recieved any notice and the funny part is the phone they cut off i have the parental lock turned on for my son he cant even use the browser. i called in and was told i was more than welcome to take my phone number to a new carrier if i didnt like the service i was recieving as if my 260 doller a month bill i pay them is a privalage to me. was the rudest i have ever been treated by a company of this size and from what i am reading i am far from the only one. Therefore i feel no empathy for you in the future when i will no doubt see your company fail long term if you continue to treat what should be valued customers as myself with this lack of respect. as soon as i find which other company i want to try after 10+ years with you i will be taking the advice i got on the phone from your friendly customer service rep and switching. Good day sir/mam

• 3. Re: Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!
    GUYLENE03 Newbie

I have been with Sprint for over 10yrs. and have never had a problem with them and they have always treated me with respect and friendly advice !

• 4. Re: Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!
    GUYLENE03 Newbie

I have been with Sprint for over 10yrs. and have never had a problem with them and they have always treated me with respect and friendly advice !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...