1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 10:09 PM by mgfranz92592 RSS

Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE

David_Cage Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Results for me after Jellybean update:

- Camera shutter sound is no longer silent when Ringer Volume is either in silent or vibrate mode.  This is very disappointing!

- Wallpaper picture no longer scrolls with you as you swipe left or right.

- Bluetooth functionality for my 2012 Chevy Cruze is back to it's original crippled state, so that the Cruze cannot interact with the phone's contacts and make calls via the infotainment center on the dash (a problem which was fixed by the last major update, only to be nullified with this one).

- Default Mail app - still no option to automatically fit the body of an email to your screen so that a user doesn't have to constantly scroll left and right to read.  The Gmail app was fixed recently to allow this...still waiting for the Mail app!

- "Close-up" shot is no longer a camera option (and if "Macro" replaced it, then all they did was add a duplicate camera option because the distinct ability to focus on an object very close up, which existed before the update, doesn't happen...even in Macro).

- A Facebook event which you accepted, but later declined (or even deleted using the actual Facebook site), stays present in the Calendar and Agenda widget with no way of removing it.  Logically the event should be removed because of syncing with Facebook.com.  This issue is extremely annoying if an event is set for many days; the event then shows up as a daily occurance requiring action each day...again, even after declining or deleting it from Facebook.com.

- Battery life is definitely extremely poor now.  The numbered percentage displayed by my battery app drops much more quickly with just little phone usage.

The Bluetooth functionality better be fixed soon!  Heck, all of it better be fixed.  This is annoying, updates should not cripple previously fixed issues or functionality that worked well to begin with!

• 1. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    smotrs Master

Camera shutter sound was bound to happen and expected. You will have to either use a 3rd party app or root.

Didn't even notice the wallpaper not sliding. good catch, I'll add it to the thread I started documenting all things fixed, not fixed added or removed.

Bluetooth, I haven't tried yet.

The mail app has been a problem for some time now.

Cloes up is now called Macro.

I don't use Facebook.

Still playing with battery usage myself before I say anything.

• 2. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    David_Cage Regular Visitor

Smotrs, I am aware of "Close-up" being renamed to "Macro".  However, it doesn't act as such.  I used to be able to focus on an object very closely with "Close-up".  Now with "Macro" it's not the same.  "Macro" acts just like "Normal".

As for Facebook, though you may not use it, it's still an issue.

Hopefully your list will be seen by the appropriate programmers.

• 3. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    AndrasLOHF Regular Visitor

Well where do I start....

My bad experiences thus far:

Proximity sensor issue is back

My phone has randomly shut itself down and rebooted in the double digit number of times

When streaming bluetooth music and using navigation the music skips like crazy

I've had the stock keyboard get really scrambled rendering it useless

Navigation keeps force closing

Jellybean/Sense+ has been a very buggy experience for me but the above things are a regular occurance

• 4. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Steadicam Expert

There are no "programmers" that will see these posts that have anything to do with Sense and Android OS.

I encourage you all to submit tickets DIRECTLY to HTC North America. go to HTCs site, go to the tab for the HTC evo4g lte, then send an email/ticket to them. just copy and paste if your issues are the same as others.

strength is in numbers. http://www.htc.com/us/contact/contact-us

http://www.htc.com/us/support/phone-repair

David_Cage wrote:

Hopefully your list will be seen by the appropriate programmers.

• 5. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    smotrs Master

Trust me, every issue I list in my thread has been reported and verified by HTC since the phone came out. :)

• 6. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    crewc0586 Newbie

Since the update, I've noticed a few things as well. Let me start by saying that prior to updating, I did a factory reset, not through the menu but using the power+volume key method as I've been told its more of a direct process. After resetting, going through basic set up(WiFi, Google account, HTC account) I immediately updated before updating/installing apps to ensure the cleanest update possible.

Now here are my issues:

Decreased battery life, with or without power saver.

Phone locks up, requiring a SimPull to reset.

Several apps supposedly Jelly Bean compatible force closing (I'm aware this could still be an issue with apps, and not OS).

Button to hide keyboard is gone. Frustrating to accidently double tap back button and lose what you've typed in certain apps.

Scrolling in Sense, specifically through Gallery is sketchy. Not smooth at all.

Memory optimization seems to be worst at times.

WiFi cycles on occasion, not often, even though its set to always on when available.

Phone shuts off between 5% and 10% leaving me to believe battery percentage estimates are inaccurate and actually less than stated.

Most of these aren't big issues and honestly definitely worth dealing with to gain contact lag fix and a few other improvements. Biggest killer would be the phone locking up resulting in SimPull. Can anyone else confirm what hasn't been confirmed? Hope this helps.

• 7. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    perkypenny77 Newbie

I am experiencing several of the above (battery life, phone locks up, force closing) plus my Facebook is not working properly. If I go to comment on someone's status, the keyboard covers the already posted comments. Our little arrow that used to be there to make the keyboard disappear from our screen is no longer there, so we have no idea what we are typing....talk about a clerical nightmare!! The facebook page won't come up and the keyboard won't go down, so all in all, it's makes FB A LOT less enjoyable and user friendly to say the least!

• 8. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    ChrisNorris19 Expert

It's facebook's app. Not the phones fault, there's probably compatability issues with your phone with the new software your phone has. Just wait till facebook updates to work correctly with your app

• 9. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    smotrs Master

Yeah, that's definitely a FB issue not a phone issue.

Try disabling Google Now, also, change "Keep WiFi on during sleep" from Always to Never which I believe was the default on ICS. Still trying to verify the last one but can't find a non-upgraded phone. Also make sure "Best WiFi Performance" is diabled.

• 10. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    scrappy0311 Newbie

The store I went to said they could not put it back to the old software. The only thing they could do was try and diagnose it, in which I knew they would tell me it was fine and they did, so now HTC was not going to cover a replacement. But I know a little trick. I asked them if I could get the phone to malfunction if they would get me a new phone and they said yes. So without them seeing what I was doing I went into the keyboard options and in to calibration. Go through the calibration procedure then go into something like text message to bring up the keyboard it should come up as half a keyboard. They had no choice to take it back. Now I have a brand new phone with the old software and I am very happy.

• 11. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    rammedleyHTC Newbie

Of course I'm having many of the same issues from above. Maybe petty to many but I type a lot on my phone and I REALLY want the previous keyboard back.

• 12. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    hardenpsych Newbie

Many issues with the upgrade as well.  Battery drains too fast now, also miss the keyboard minimizer (though you just tap your content and scroll it over the keyboard now).  But the BIGGEST issue is now I have lost data connection at my home and workplace, so cannot receive or send text messages, and sometimes email, certainly never weather.  For awhile I lost email (after the initial update), because I couldn't even update the profile, etc. from my house.  At least I can still make phone calls.  I would love to reverse this upgrade - used to love my EVO (and have had the phones for a long time), now I can't stand it (and it's pretty new).  I use this phone for business - well, I used to.  It wouldn't even sync with my calendar yesterday - again, if the data connection won't work at the office, the online calendar won't work. 

• 13. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    REIGN21male Newbie

Thats great. But now there is no touch feedback when I type. And the option to enable it is gone. I had to go to the store 3 times before they gave me a new phone which worked fine until the update. And it lost touch feedback right away. Anyone else have this problem?

• 14. Re: Results after Android 4.1.1 Jellybean (3.15.651.16) Update for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    494hand Newbie

Have you noticed any issues with your evo knowing the path to your music or pcture files on you SD card?  Mine has lost it.  Shows the card, and that it has memory.  I can access it via the usb port, and everything is still there.  It is just that my phone does not know the path/where to look?  Very frustrating, as I travel a lot and listen to music/watch video on the plane.  I prefer not to have to use wi-fi, since I have the storage capacity on the sd card anyway.

Took mine to the Sprint store, and they were unable to fix it.  Gave me the instructions on how to reformat the card, but that is not really what the issue is, since the phone "sees" the card.  I did reformat and re-install, but the phone still does not find my songs or vids.  Oddly enough, some programs are still working on via the sd card, and are able to find files stored there.  It is just the Music and Camera programs that came with the phone that will not access it.  I have tried installing another player, and it cannot find the music files either.

1 2 3 Previous Next