This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 10:00 PM by MrBrownston RSS

Upcoming smartphones in 2013

zivojan Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Does anyone know what phones we can expect with sprint in early  2013? Any rumors? I think there is not much choice right  now. A lot of iphones and samsung galaxy s2 and s3. I like to see some windows phones and the sony experia looks great too. The nexus 4 is not working on the sprint network either. So anyone heard some latest news or rumors?

Jan

• 1. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

you eligible for upgrade right now? what kind of phone do you currently have?

• 2. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    fireguy_6364 Master

i have only heard of possible releases some time in Q1-Q2...which phones they will be releasing i have no clue on..everything has been a bit tight lipped lately.

• 3. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    zivojan Valued Member

I can upgrade around may. i just heard there lots of great phones coming out. SOny experia and the nokia windows phones. Sprint does not seem to carry the sony experia or any nokia phones. SO i was just wandering ifsprint wil stick with basically iphones and samsungs. They have some otherphones like LG but not much else. I also like the droid phones a lot from Verizon, so just wandering if sprint has any plans for new phones next year.

Jan

• 4. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

what are you using right now?

• 5. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    fireguy_6364 Master

you left out HTC as well.

zivojan wrote:

I can upgrade around may. i just heard there lots of great phones coming out. SOny experia and the nokia windows phones. Sprint does not seem to carry the sony experia or any nokia phones. SO i was just wandering ifsprint wil stick with basically iphones and samsungs. They have some otherphones like LG but not much else. I also like the droid phones a lot from Verizon, so just wandering if sprint has any plans for new phones next year.

Jan

• 6. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    zivojan Valued Member

Yes but only one HTC right now. I am currently using the samsung galaxy s2 epic touch.

• 7. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    zivojan Valued Member

Yes but only one HTC right now. I am currently using the samsung galaxy s2 epic touch.

• 8. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    fireguy_6364 Master

technically then sammy only has one phone out now as well..the big hitters you will see with sprint will be HTC, SAMSUNG and IPHONE...some LG action here and there..but not really up there with the main line. also HTC has had like 5 phones out since the OEVO..maybe that was 4.. OEVO, 3D, whatever the one after that was named..and then the LTEVO.

zivojan wrote:

• 9. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

I have not seen any announcements on line.  There is speculation that Sprint will be picking up a windows 8 phone  but which one or when is still unknown.

If you look you can find may rumors on line but until an announcement is made I would not make any plans

• 10. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    fireguy_6364 Master

i have heard the same about a new windows phone coming to sprint. ...i didnt put much thought into it since you dont really see much of a windows phone following.

• 11. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

Just a thought,

Try to upgrade early now. Just read they may have temp suspended early upgrades. But anyway, if you can upgrade early do it now. It'll likely cost you $100 to upgrade early, but sell your S2 for a quick $130.  Get an S3 or Note2 now with your upgrade so you are running something current.  A year from now, Dec 2013, upgrade early again. Your GS3 would be worth $200 resale or your Note2 $250 resale. Doesn't necessarily sound like you are an iPhone or top-line Android person; you want to try something new something different.  Windows Phone prob won't be out until 4th quarter 2013 anyway. So instead of waiting until May or summer, the thought is upgrade now while your S2 is worth something. Get into a current phone that will be worth something 11 or 12 months from now when you resell it, and upgrade again during the holidays when promos/black friday/Christmas is going on. Even if a Windows Phone comes 3rd quarter you'll find a great deal on it during the holidays..Especially if it's not a big hit, it'll drop quick in price.

Why wait 9 months with an S2 to see what comes is this line of thinking.

• 12. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    zivojan Valued Member

I cant upgrade early. My samsung s2 has some serious issue with the gps. its an ok phone but not very good one. I dont want a new samsung i think and i dont like the iphone. Iam very impresses with the nokia lumia 920 and also the sony experia sounds good. I dont know much about lg or htc. Are these good quality phones? there is a great htc phone coming out with a 5 inch hd display. Its caled the butterfly and Sony is coming with the yuga. My first smartphone was the droid when i was with verizon. T bad sprint does notmhave the droid. I really like motorolloa and their droid phones. Imsee what happens the coming month. I just wish Sprint could give us some more info about new phones for the coming year and so...

• 13. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    AnaMariaSz Regular Visitor

I am eager to find out what new phones will be coming out. I'm still using an Evo 4G and I'm VERY eligible for an upgrade, but the Sprint phones appear to be falling behind the other carriers. Is Sprint going to get an Evo LTE+ to match the AT&T One X+, or an HTC to match the Droid DNA on Verizon?

• 14. Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013
    BajanTamil Regular Visitor

I'm also stuck using my Evo 4g still and eligible for an upgrade.... I'm waiting on the HTC equivalent of the DROID DNA. Sammy is unreliable and the materials they used on the Note II felt cheap. I knew instant love when I first handled the EVO 4g and have since felt that again when handling the DNA. I wish Sprint would give us a calendar of at least 3 months in new phones. @Zivojan, If the customer support team at sprint can be believed, the Windows phone will be the HTC one...(currently at AT&T and Verizon... tsk sprint tsk another phone lost to them? Really?). I've manhandled the HTC Windows phone... Take a trip and see if it is something you want to be strapped with for a year. (If you do early upgrades)

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...