2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 12:54 AM by eggerden RSS

Two out of three HTC Evo 4G LTE handsets have failed in just two months.

eggerden Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

In just two months, two of three HTC Evo 4G LTE handsets have failed. The first had a bad battery. The second has a bad GPS chip. Has anyone else had problems with these phones? Wondering if i made a mistake purchasing these phones.

Sprint's answer is to offer "remanufactured" phones as replacements. In other words, used phones. I don't think this is an adequate answer for phones that are only two months old. The Sprint store is trying to tell me that my broken phone won't be sent back to HTC and be "remanufactured".

Makes me wonder if I made a good decision leaving Verizon for Sprint.

• 1. Re: Two out of three HTC Evo 4G LTE handsets have failed in just two months.
    kd.fst Social Care

eggerden,

Thanks for the post. I do understand where you are coming from. If those devices are under a year old, and have no water or physical damage, you are still under the manufactures warranty. I would contact HTC about having those devices looked at. HTC can be contacted at this number (866) 449-8358. I hope this helps!

Sean L

Social Care

• 2. Re: Two out of three HTC Evo 4G LTE handsets have failed in just two months.
    eggerden Newbie

I have already contacted HTC. Their solution was for me to mail the phone to them and wait for them to repair the phone. In the mean tiime, I am without a phone. And HTC could not even give me an estimate of the time I would be without my phone.

I seems like I am just not being heard. Two of my three phones have failed in only two months. And the best offer from Sprint is a used phone. Thsi simply is not acceptable. But the truth is I don't have any leverage against the big corporation. Take their offer or take nothing. So tomorrow, I am driving 45 miles to pick up my replacement used phone.

I'm driving 45 miles because the Sprint service center in my town could'n even determine my phone had a broken GPS. The head tech was trying to convince me the GPS was working because Google Maps was showing a location. About three miles away. He didn't even know that if Google Location Services can't access the GPS, it uses the cell towers Which can be off quite a bit depending on how close (or far away) the cell towers are.

So I take what the big corporation offers, smile and be thankfull I got that.

That's world class customer service.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points