1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 1:56 PM by SprintCare RSS

Texting Issues

TNTSOCCER18 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

EVer since the update on my evo, when I send texts that are longer than two pages, no one is receiving the second page of my texts. Anyone know how to change this or why this is doing this?

• 1. Re: Texting Issues
    Sprintcast Social Care

Thanks for posting. I have just duplicated this issue with the EVO LTE, and ran into the same problem. I will forward this problem to the appropriate channels to be looked into. In the meantime would it be possible to send the second portion of your text as another text, to ensure its delivery?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 2. Re: Texting Issues
    smotrs Master

Strange, I just sent the following message (247/320 characters or 2 parts) to 3 different types of phones (LTEVO, iPhone and SGIII) on 3 different networks (Sprint, AT&T & Verizon).

• "Let me know if you receive 2 parts of this message. The quick brown Fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown Fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown Fox jumped over the lazy dog.The quick brown Fox jumped over the lazy dog."

Of the 3 phones, the only one that didn't receive both parts was the LTEVO. Instead, it received both parts combined into 1 part but saying that there was 2 parts.

Could you report which types of phones and/or carrier you sent the message to?

BTW, here's how it looks on my phone sending to myself and what the other LTEVO received as well.

2013-01-10 13.57.31.png

• 3. Re: Texting Issues
    smotrs Master

OP, Any more information on this?

Sprintcast, how exactly did you test? Which phone and or carriers did you perform the test with?

So far I haven't been able to duplicate it with a Stock LTEVO.

• 4. Re: Texting Issues
    fireguy_6364 Master

your wifi sucks my friend lol

• 5. Re: Texting Issues
    smotrs Master

Yeah, this is at work. Even with full bars the WiFi sucks as the corporate limits are bandwidth. <rolling eyes>

I get faster download speeds with 3G then I do with the WiFi here. 

• 6. Re: Texting Issues
    JSFCatzen Newbie

Has there been any progress on this. My phone is losing part of the texts I send.

• 7. Re: Texting Issues
    smotrs Master

Nothing yet that we have heard. Can you explain the scenario as I asked above? Which carriers/phones are being affected? I ask because the test I ran showed multiple results with multiple phones and multiple carriers. So knowing the scenario better would help.

• 8. Re: Texting Issues
    pachucosp Newbie

at least you guys are sending messages for this past couple of weeks ive been having the worse time with my evo 4g lte my phone sucks big time unless i use wifi so for that i have to carry my mobil spot everywhere and now doesnt even wanna send my messages at all now its been 2 days like that i turned it off and on and still wont send any txt at all any recomendations pls

• 9. Re: Texting Issues
    smotrs Master

Have you been in touch with Sprint to see if there are any tower related issues or network issues in your vicinity? Did you ever try performing a SimPull, booting to Safe Mode or performing a Hard Reset?

I would reserve the Hard Reset for last but not count it out completely. Especially if you have your picture's and videos on a cloud service or your SD Card and your contacts are all syncing with Google. I wouldn't hesitate to perform the HR at all in that case.

• 10. Re: Texting Issues
    Bill_R_KC Newbie

Any update on this?

Wife and I are having same problem with EVO 4G-LTE. About a week ago friends started telling us that the 2nd part of long text messages were not being sent... received??

The texts have gone to people with various phones on all of the major carriers, so it doesn't appear to be a network-thing. Just installed latest update - 3.16.651 3.710RD a few hours ago and problem still persists.

A lil help?

• 11. Re: Texting Issues
    mandmburton Newbie

I am having the same problem.  I tried to chat with Sprint but the rep answer was to do a complete reset and I didn't have a current back up, now chat is closed and have to wait until tomorrow.  Also anyone else notice that the keyboard options are different with lastest update.  Not happy.......

• 12. Re: Texting Issues
    smotrs Master

This issue seems to be cropping up more and more recently. What would help is anyone having the problems would list which provider and phone the issue is happening with. i.e. iPhone on AT&T, SGIII on Verizon, POS on T-Mobile, etc.. This will help determine if there is a common denominator or if it's just global.

In any case, has anyone tried a Hard Reset as mentioned above to see if it cures the problem?

Keyboard was changed a couple updates ago. If your using the Swype Keyboard, then download the Swype Beta as a replacement. If your using Sense KB, some of the options have to be turned on under the KB settings.

• 13. Re: Texting Issues
    Bill_R_KC Newbie

Here's a list of the phones and carriers in which the 2nd part of the text message has failed.

LG Traxx  on  AT&T

Another LG (model unknown) on Verizon

3 other EVO-LTE owners on the Sprint network.

Up until a week or two ago this was not an issue. I have not added or removed any apps in the last month or two. Don't have that many to begin with.

And I'd prefer not to go thru the hassle of wiping everything out and reloading the phone on a hard reset until somebody says definitively that it will fix the problem.

Any and all help appreciated!.

• 14. Re: Texting Issues
    Sprintcast Social Care

@TNTSOCCER18 just wanted to follow up with you to see if you're still experiencing issues with recipients of long text messaging threads, not receiving your entire message?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points