This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 5:55 PM by ramumalasani RSS

Refusal to unlock iphone 4S!

deaman1989 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So I purchased an iphone4S from sprint last May and I was told I could unlock my phone for international travel if I was a customer in good standing for 3 months. I have been paying my bills on time for the last 10 months and will be going out of the country for a month in march this year. Sprint customer care refused to unlock the phone stating that I have a "spend credit limit" and it takes 18 months for it be removed and only then can they unlock.

1. If that's their policy then fine but the sales person in the store should have told me this as I knew I would be travelling and asked him this specifically.

2. Isn't there a way to just unlock the phone only for international sim cards as they don't need to worry about me using some other carrier once I am back.

Also, A senior supervisor tells me on the phone go find the shop you got it from and talk to the sales guy who sold you the phone, Like I have no better thing to do. I cant believe I should do all this work for their incompetence in passing out the right information to customers while purchasing.

Really dissappointed with Sprint now. Definitely going to change carriers as soon as my contract expires.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...