This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 11:12 AM by texasheat28 RSS

how do i block a phone number from calling me?

ashshine90 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

i have an iphone 4s and i need help figuring out how to block a number from calling me

• 1. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    _DePaul Social Care

Hi Ashshine90,

Thanks for your Community post. I understand you are trying to block a number for calling you. This may be accomplished by completing the following; logging on to www.sprint.com and adding said number to block list via my preferences. Please me keep me posted on the outcome.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    ashshine90 Newbie

thanks,

hopefully now these crazies will stop calling me

• 3. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    _DePaul Social Care

ashshine90,

No problem! I understand exactly how it feels to get unwanted phone calls. Please feel free to circle back to confirm that you were able to add said number to your block list. Also, if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to post them.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    yrammary Newbie

Ashshine90

I started getting unwanted texts and was directed to the online My Preferences.  Because they were using different phone numbers to text me, I finally ended up using the option to manually type in the phone numbers I am only willing to receive texts from.  I really like that option since I know I am not going to be bothered with spam texts as well.  If I realize I have blocked some people out, I can go online and add them later. 

Then the crazies started calling me.  Sometimes they would leave a non-sense message and othertimes they wouldn't.  They sound like teenage girls and maybe they think I am a teenager, but I don't want their calls.  At first customer service said there was nothing I could do or maybe I didn't understand them, but I called Customer Service again and a really helpful representative directed me to the area on My Preferences (I think that is the area online) where I can block the phone numbers.  So I started blocking all the phone numbers that come across that are  not on my contact list.  I like that option.  I won't answer a call now if they are not on my contact list and if they don't leave a message, they go on my block list.  I wish my land line had those features online!

I read all these posts about people frustrated with Sprint Customer Service but I had to make several calls to finally get someone who could help me.  At one time even I was directed to a supervisor, even though I didn't ask to speak to one.  She was really nice and sympathetic with my problem. 

I haven't seen anyone else with my problem post and am still really curious about the technology these girls used to start the original texting campaign.  I believe they had to be using a computer to send that many texts from what appeared to be over 10 different phone numbers.  However, they did me a favor because know I  know more about the options I can use online to block out unwanted texts!!!!

Satisfied Sprint Customer

• 5. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    SprintThor Social Care

yrammary,

Thank you for providing this detail of your experience and I apologize the solution wasn't presented on your first call.  I will forward this feedback up to upper management to insure all our employees are up to date on their training.  I'm glad to see everything was taken care of.  Sprint is determined to insure you receive calls/texts from individuals you want to hear from not spammers and we are always working diligently to keep up with these individuals.  You are correct most times a computer is utilized for these spammers to accomplish their annoying acts.  Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns we are here for you and again thank you.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 6. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    shleylyn Newbie

I don't know if this will help you or not, but.. if you have imessage on, and the other person is using imessage as well, it seems the block can be overridden.  Turn imessage off for awhile and the block will stick.

Not sure if you can block an imessage or not, i haven't researched.

• 7. Re: how do i block a phone number from calling me?
    texasheat28 Valued Member

you cannot block imessage, you must turn it off

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...