8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 8:33 AM by MongooseProXC RSS

MyID GONE in GB27 Jelly Bean update! Bloatware unremovable! Any fixes?

CCyanescens Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I updated my Epic 4G Touch to GB27 Jelly Bean 4.1 and the absence of MyID is TERRIBLE!

MyID was the 'stock' Android experience with no TouchWiz, and it is no longer available in GB27.

Is there any way to restore MyID? If not, then I would be much happier 'downgrading' to ICS to regain that feature.

Furthermore, the bloatware apps that were included in the ICS version (possibly even back on GB, it's been a long time) were easily removable. Now, NOVA 2 HD, NASCAR, and the handful of Sprint apps (Radio, TV, etc.) cannot be uninstalled. They can be disabled in Manage Applications, but this just hides them from the app drawer; they're still on the phone. Is there any way to completely uninstall the bloatware apps?

Every time I think Sprint is taking a step forward, they're really taking two steps back and making their network and service experience that much worse.

A regrettable execution of the long-awaited JB update. I am so disappointed. I'm pretty near my contract date, and this is the first time in many years that I've considered switching carriers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points