This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2009 3:46 AM by NSpeed RSS

telenav 2.1.23

Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

Tonight as I opened up my sprint navigation, I was prompted to upgrade to a newer version 2.1.23 and so I did. Other than the start-up screen being a different color (not yellow) I haven't really noticed any other differences. Anyone else notice anything different? By the way I'm on a HTC Touch. Not the diamond.

• 1. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    Bronze Expert

Thanks for the info! I'll check for any changes later in the day.

• 2. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    Regular Visitor

TKX, downloading now.

• 3. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    Regular Visitor

when I download it & install it

it prompts me with the upgrade option again every time

• 4. Re: telenav 2.1.23

I am using a Sprint Touch and I was prompted to download the update and once downloaded, I now can't get a gps lock:-( I didin't have this problem with 2.0. I have done a hard reset and 'rebuilt' my Touch but no luck with the new 2.1 version. Anybody else having this issue?

gottago

Sprint Touch w/WM 6.1 and stock ROM

• 5. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    Valued Member

yea I've had navigation issues even before the upgrade. check the thread above (or below this one) titled "HTC TV upgrade" there I give a description on my navigation issues in case your interested.

• 6. Re: telenav 2.1.23

Westsiide,

I read your posts in the other thread. All I can tell you is the before I upgraded, my navigation was very stable and dependable, even from a cold start. But since the upgrade, it seems that the locator doesn't stay active. If you go to your dial screen you should see the locator icon on the right side of the screen where it says 'last call'. This 'locator' icon is used for location based services and is turned on/off by going to Start|Settings|Phone|Services|Location Setting|Get Features. Make sure it is turned to on and in fact, you may toggle a few times between on and off, leaving in the on position. Click ok to get out of all the screens. If you check you dial pad once more, you will see that the locator icon is 'on'. Off is indicated with a diagonal line through it. Try nav now and see if it works.

Keep in mind the Touch does not have a full GPS chip, it has an Assisted GPS chip that uses cell tower triangulation to get a GPS fix so, a good signal is more important that a view of the sky.

Personally, mine has been soo undependable that I will be calling Sprint tech support. Sorry I couldn't help,

• 7. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    Valued Member

Thanks I never knew what that icon was. Tried it, didnt work. The only thing that works for me is doing a soft reset.

• 8. Re: telenav 2.1.23

Mick Jagger said it best... " I can't get no satisfaction"

I spoke with tech support and the first thing they did was to have me download the upgrade again. Then when it didn't work they said that there was an outage and to wait a couple of hours before trying. I can't help but feel she was blowing me off.

I tried today with no success once again!

• 9. Telenav 2.1.23 not compatible with my Sprint Touch

So I called Tech Support again today and after more than an hour and a half on the phone with them and Telenav tech support, it became very clear that neither could solve my issue. So, I bit the bullet and hard reset my phone which 'downgraded' my Sprint Nav app to version 2.0.16 which came with the WM 6.1 upgrade. Well, thanks to Sprite Backup, restoring was a cinch. I just made sure I didn't restore anything with Telenav or Sprint Nav in its name. Now my phone is back to where it was 2 weeks ago before I started this inconvenient journey.

You might try a hard reset to see if that solves your problem. YMMV

Good luck!!!!

• 10. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    JBK23 Valued Member

I have the HTC Diamond and my Telenav is working just fine since the update. The biggest improvement I have noticed is that touching the direction arrow in the lower left corner will repeat the last audio direction instruction (when I had the Instinct, it didthat from day one and I really missed that feature when I changed to the Diamond).

Also the program (before update) would freeze up when selecting a contact and then choosing to "drive to" from the pop-up Menu. Previously the GPS Navigation would try to open and then just freeze. Now this works like it should. Whether it would have worked correctly before if I had synced the Navigation program to the contacts on my phone or not I don't know because I didn't discover this "sync" feature until after the update.

The GPS is my absolute favorite thing about my phone!!!

• 11. Re: telenav 2.1.23
    Bronze Expert

Alright, I did some tests and at least here in Tampa, FL works fine. I used it 3 times, three days, and worked fine.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...