This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 2:25 AM by lamesa RSS

No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again

BSANTIFER Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I am at my home in La Mesa, CA. 91941 near the corner of University Ave. and Maple St. I had no voice service on Sunday (the day after I upgraded) and I have no voice service now.

• 1. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    2882 Regular Visitor

I have the same problem (including problem sending/receiving texts) in the same home area 91941. When I go outside this area (about 1 mile) towards West, it works well again, so this problem has to do with this particular zone. I never had this problem or other serious problems in 10+ years.

It started on Sunday, May 12 (same as BSANTIFER reported), so something definitely happened on that day, service came back (May 13)  and stopped again (a couple of days ago). I wonder if there are some repairs being made in this area. Can someone from Sprint confirm this or look at this problem? Also, if anyone in this zip code 91941 is experiencing the same problems around the same dates, please share. We don't think is just two of us in this area. 

• 2. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    Sprintcast Social Care

BSANTIFER and 2882

Thanks for reaching out to us. I see that we were experiencing a voice outage in that area, but our technicians were able to resolve that issue today. Have you notice any improvements with your call quality? If not please let us know?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 3. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    Dspye Regular Visitor

I Am also experiencing the same issue in 91942 since Sunday afternoon! Spoke with sprint yesterday morning and they assured me problem would be fixed by today... Still no service... I really hope there is no emergency as I have no other phone! I also expect to be compensated for the week of no service for two lines!

• 4. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    2882 Regular Visitor

No Sprintcast, I am still experiencing the same problems here in 91941. It sounds like there are problems in 91942 according to Dspye. What's the problem that the technicians were working on? When will this be fixed for sure?

Based on feedback(lots of scenarios) I read from other regions, once a problem like this starts, it will go on for a long time. I hope this get resolved.

• 5. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    2882 Regular Visitor

Why aren't we notified of these problems? Sprint should issue a statement notifying its customers of service outages when known issues are known. Why we have to research, waste time and wonder if we are doing something wrong when we can be informed proactively?

• 6. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    Dspye Regular Visitor

2882 they claimed they sent out notices to everyone, obviously it was not true, just as the problem being completed yesterday was also not true. They even went as far to tell me I may have an older phone and need a newer one! Are you kidding me, you want me to renew my contract when I have absolutely no service at my home! Been with sprint since 2005 but think we are finally going to switch to another provider.

• 7. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    RipleyF Regular Visitor

I am also in La Mesa 91942 and we have been experiencing the same issues.  We both have newer phones, an iPhone5 and GalaxyS3 and we haven't been able to do anything with voice or text.  We don't have any other phones because up until now, Sprint has had great coverage. We have been with them for years.  Having elderly parents and a business with an alarm company that may need to call, the length of time this outage is lasting is concerning. 

Sprint, please get this fixed asap!

• 8. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    RipleyF Regular Visitor

Hi Sprintcast, I just wanted to reply to you to let you know 91942 is still down near University and Lowell.  We are up the hill and there is no voice or text and hasn't been for days.  The phones both say full signal bars, but no 4g or LTE icon.  Is it due to the newer 4g network? 

Thanks.

• 9. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    _DePaul Social Care

Hi RipleyF,

Thanks for reporting these service issues you are experiencing in zip code 91942. I've checked your nearest tower and it indicates there has been an increase in blocked calls. I will absolutely flag this location so that a technician will be dispatched. We anticipate this issue will be corrected soon. I apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing you, and appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank You,

DePual W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 10. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    RipleyF Regular Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.

• 11. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again

We still do not have voice service and we are having delays in text service in 91941. I just renewed my contract last Saturday and to this point have only had voice service at my home for one day in the last 7. To say my frustration level is elevated would be putting it lightly. I would call customer service when I notice the problem but I can't. It appears that there is no sense of urgency in finding a solution to our problem. I have been with Sprint for a long time and to this point have not desired to change carriers but this is beyond ridiculous. When can we expect a permenant solution to this issue?

• 12. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    _DePaul Social Care

BSANTIFER,

Thanks for your post. I understand your frustrations and I am happy to assist you further. Providing and expectations of a permanent solutions may imply that service issues may never arise, and unfortunately I am unable to make that guarantee. I've checked your nearest tower and no outages are currently reported. Have you completed any basic trouble shooting steps? For example, power cycling the device, updating the profile and PRL's? Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 13. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again

I appreciate your response. The situation is I have 3 phones on two different accounts and all of them will not make voice calls. Its not the phones. We cannot make voice calls from my area right now.

• 14. Re: No voice service in La Mesa, CA. again
    Dspye Regular Visitor

I agree with you bsantifer, it is not the phones! I again called sprint today about still having no service, he also told me NO lines are down in the area and I needed to update my phone. He gave me a couple codes to plug into my phone and assured me that would fix the problem, he said he would call me back in 20 minutes. Sigh, of course it did not work and that's right he couldn't call me back, lucky break for him as I am now mad as **** about the issue. I have no way of speaking to my husband who is out off the country and no way for anyone to reach me for a week now and sprint is doing absolutely nothing to assist!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...