This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 5:08 PM by SprintThor RSS

How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .

MOONBEAM1948 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

How many people are having problems with poor or no service ? My service is getting worse , I can't get calls at home and in home arena . I have called about the problem and was told that I have three towers in my area , withn end five  blocks of my home .

• 1. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    ANWARR60 Regular Visitor

My internet and my signal are just terrible. When I signed this contract and bought a 4g phone. I was under the impression I was going to have internet faster then dial up. I was tricked and now I am stuck. No 4g coming to Pittsburgh any time soon I would imagine although I wasnt even told it wasnt available in the area.

• 2. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    tigngin Valued Member

I am having problems with service also.  CS was no help.  I sick of the excuses. Just my opinion.

• 3. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    fireguy_6364 Master

are you trying to rally up the troops or ask for assistance? if its the second one the techs in here will need your zip code and the cross streets to where youre seeing the problem the most..unless your entire town only has 3 towers it would probably help if they were able to narrow it down a bit as to which tower(s) youre actually connecting too..this goes for all 3 of you

no physical address's..unless its of a near by business..then make sure to say youre north, south, east or west of said address by such and such blocks.

• 4. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    tigngin Valued Member

Done that, according to Sprint no problems but guess what still having problems.

• 5. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    fireguy_6364 Master

for giggles what is your state and city..i'll see if i can locate anything through my usual stomping grounds..depending on how long the problem has been going on with your tower(s) it might not show up on their computers...until they get all the upgrades done they dont have a REAL time look at what a tower is doing..they can see percentages..but again they are not real time and that readout could have been from quite a while ago..also if there are any upgrades going on around you it might not show up on their computers either..i have seen this happen quite a few times since this whole deployment deal started.

• 6. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    SWMANOR1 Newbie

We're having problems at home in Cochranville, PA  (usually 2 bars, now no bars or roam) and at our boat in Hacks Point, MD (Has always been at least 5 bars, now 1 to none.)

• 7. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    fireguy_6364 Master

as of a couple months ago this is where you guys stood..nothing pinpointed but at least you have an idea..one of the techs in here will have to look into it deeper to see if its due to a tower being down for regular reasons or if its due to the upgrades..they will need cross streets to narrow down where youre at and which tower(s) you connect to the most

Central Pennsylvania ...Sites Complete = 10%; Anticipated LTE Launch = TBD ...Original Scheduled Completion = Q1 2014; Current Production Rate Completion = October 2013

i just scrolled through the list twice and only noticed central was posted but nothing else..to be honest head over to www.s4gru.com and see if you can locate anything further than that. im at work and cant access that site. the info i snagged up above there is from another customer that was keeping tabs on the deployment THROUGH s4gru...

• 8. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    SprintThor Silver Expert

MOONBEAM1948

Thank you for reaching out to us for help I'm sorry to see such difficulties to have occurred.  I can take a look at the network in your area to see what's going on.  What is your cross streets and zip code?  Are you experiencing slower than usual services in your area or non-existence?  Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to use services and experience an issue?  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 9. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    SprintThor Silver Expert

ANWARR60

It saddens me to see you feel this way and this is never experience we want you to have.  Sprint is working diligently in expanding our 4G LTE network and Network Vision which will improve current 3G services.  I assure you we have not tricked you, we have already started working on 4G LTE in Pittsburgh and there are select locations which have been completed recently such as the Oakwood and Crafton area.  As we continue to work more and more areas will be completed over the coming weeks and soon you will be able to experience lightning fast speeds all over the city.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 10. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    molliesing Valued Member

Good luck..Getting any help...I have talked to over 20 something Sprint customer people and no one can give me an answer as to why I don't have service at my home when I had it no problem before. But I have to continue paying for this coverage, when they don't know how long its going to continue to be like this...And they wont let me out of my contract.And I'm in their area of coverage. What they will do is first make sure your phone is up to date. Then they will check to see if its the phone itself. Then they will check to see if its a tower that's out around you. Then proceed to tell you they will send out a ticket to have it fixed and looked at. and they will claim to call you back within a time frame and never call you back. You will hear a ton of excuses and you will never get a straight answer. So I really, for you hope it something simple as an update needed on your phone, cause if its anything like what I'm dealing with....or as they claim  an " update to 4G tower" which is GARBAGE...your in for a LONG and crappy rest of your contract.

• 11. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    SprintThor Silver Expert

tigngin

I'm sorry to see you feel we are just giving you excuses that would never be the case.  We do our best to provide the most accurate information available to us at that moment but things can change especially if we begin to see a trend with other users or if we receive new data.  I would be more than happy to take a look at your region to see what's going on with your services.  What is your cross streets and zip code?  Which services are you experiencing issues with (voice, text, and/or data) and what's going on?  We can take a look at this from every angle, what model device are you utilizing?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 12. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    SprintThor Silver Expert

SWMANOR1

Thank you for providing us your location information which greatly helps us narrow down the area you are experiencing issues in.  I apologize for any difficulties you have been experiencing and would like to obtain some more updated information from your area especially since we recently completed a few repairs and upgrades to improve the quality of our network in both of these areas.  What model device are you utilizing?  Do you receive any error messages and/or codes when attempting to use your services?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 13. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    SprintThor Silver Expert

molliesing

Thank you for providing this extensive detail of the experience you had in attempting to have this issue solved and I'm sorry that you had to speak to so many agents.  We do our best to review an issue from every angle to locate the best action to take to solve this issue.  A lot of the troubleshooting steps we ask our customers to perform on their devices generally solve most issues and the times it doesn't we can sometimes receive an error message or code that will tell us exactly why this is happening.  If all device troubleshooting fail we then look top the network and towers.  Since we do not have physical access to your tower we first base our research on usage history and data to see what's going on and then attempt server refreshes which would be our last resort.  If all fails that is when we request for your local engineer to take a look at what's going on with the network and/or tower in the area.  It seems you are the point where an engineer was notified by this ticket.  When was this ticket opened?  I apologize if you didn't receive a call or update within the proposed time-frame of 24-72 hours.  Have you still not received any information?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 14. Re: How many People are having problems with service , because I am , not getting better .
    molliesing Valued Member

Oh Ive gotten a ton of answers, but none has been the same. The ticket was open last week and was said to have been fixed and still isnt. Another ticket was already sent out and hasn't been fixed. I have spoken to supervisors, and they don't know whats going on. Some say its fixed some says its down, meaning the tower. I have not gotten a call back. No information of when this will be fixed. I feel as a customer is why should I have to pay for service I'm not able to use. And if I cant use it, I should be able to go clear and free of ETF if Sprint cant provide the coverage that I signed with my contract.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points