14 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2014 2:35 PM by kgm032 RSS

Music on Rumor Reflex

vander55555 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I just purchased a memory card for my Rumor Reflex, loaded music on it but cannot play it. Every time I select music, it tries to load Java and the internet. I do not have a data plan for internet and do not want one. Do I need a data plan to listen to music on it?

• 1. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    Phoenix_Wolf Social Care

vander55555,

Thank you for the post. Hmmm lets take a closer look at this. To just play music off your memory card you do not need to have a data plan unless you are downloading music from the internet. When you get to the Sprint Music Plus screen  in order to get the music loaded off the memory care you have to tap my library and then tap the update my library it should load the music off your memory card to the phone. Once it is done tap ok and then your music should be loaded on your device and ready to play. I hope this helps with getting your music playing on your phone.  Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

• 2. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    DavidBStott Newbie

Anthony,

I just received this phone today and I do not see "Sprint Music Plus" anywhere on my phone.  Under the Entertainment file, I have Sprint TV & Movies and Games.  I have looked everywhere, but can't find it.  I too have no data but need to be able to play the music on my SD card and the only way I can find is to access each file individually via the file manager.  There must be a basic music player on this phone.

Please advise.

• 3. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    Phoenix_Wolf Social Care

DavidBStott,

Thank you for posting.  When you access under menu  the Entertainment option, there should be options for Music, Sprint TV & movies then Games.  When you tap on the music it automatically brings you to Sprint Music plus.  Please let me know.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team 

• 4. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    DavidBStott Newbie

Anthony,

That seems to be my problem.  When I go to the Entertainment option in the menu, there is not a Music option.  Only 2 options are Sprint TV & Movies and Games.

• 5. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    Phoenix_Wolf Social Care

DavidBStott,

That is odd not having the option for Music. Do you have the Rumor Reflex or the Rumor Reflex S?  You may have to visit one of our Sprint repair shows to have them look at your device.  Go to WWW.SPRINT.COM/STORELOCATOR  to find the store that has a repair shop near you. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

• 6. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    DavidBStott Newbie

I have the Reflex S, just got it yesterday.  I've been to the repair center and they don't have an answer.

• 7. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    Phoenix_Wolf Social Care

DavidBStott,

Thank you for letting me know the model of your device. The Rumor Reflex S does not have the Music option. It is mainly a messaging and social media device.  Check here on the LG website for all the specifications: Rumor Reflex S Basic phone with 3.0" Display | LG USA   I wish there was a better answer to your question.  In order to access your music, you will have to access it how you been individually in your file manager.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

• 8. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    kgm032 Newbie

This phone (LG LN272) has an issue with the music player accessing the internet even to play music on the simm memory card.  I have hundreds of dollars of data usage charges on my phones over the past year and 1/2 for data usage and I have maybe once by accident actually accessed the internet all usage is phone, text and music player.  Last month alone I was hit with $55 in data charges alone just because I listened to a book a tape I loaded onto the simm card for a car trip from Michigan to Florida.  When you fire up the Sprint Music Plus player on the phone you can see the data bars become bold showing data access and they remain on the entire session even though the data is on the simm card.  I have called customer service repeatedly on this and have gotten no where other than a couple token bill credits and assurance the problem will get resolved.   However, the last time I spoke with customer service I was told this was a "feature".  When I asked what the feature was accessing the internet for she said she could not tell me what it was doing just that it had to do it?????  At this point I could have bought a very nice IPOD Touch for the amount I have spent in data charges just for the right to play my music from my simm card.   I have now blocked all data access to all phones and surprise...the music player no longer functions.  I wonder how many others have been hit with this "feature" charge and don't even know it (as many people dont actuall look at their bills they just autopay them).   I keep hoping I  will get an answer and a complete review of all my bills and a full credit but I am not holding my breath.  Just waiting till my contract is up so I can move on to a new phone (and maybe phone company).

• 9. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    SprintCare Social Care
    kgm032, The Sprint Music Player is an App, all Apps use data to run the functions they perform.  Whether the App is playing your personal music or allowing you to purchase and play new music, it requires data to process and play the music, which is why you were seeing it access and remain connected to data services.  As long as you keep data blocked, data charges will no longer be a problem.  The other option available, would be to change your rate plan to one that includes data services, you can check out the available plans at www.sprint.com/plans  Lorrie Sprint Social Care
  • 10. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    kgm032 Newbie

Well if this is true this is a Sprint implementation only and since blocking all data disables the music player all together, it requires me to carry a second device to play music.  What I find odd is, I have a ATT version of this phone and its music player does NOT access the internet when playing music from the simm card.  As a matter of fact the music app works on the phone even though I no longer have services with ATT.  I see no reason for a music app to need to access the internet to play music that is local to the phone other than a back door way to get people to pony up for a data plan or pay data charges they may not even be aware of.   I would like to now exactly what data the app using.  It also would have been nice to point this fact our PRIOR to selling the phone. 

I also find Sprints response to this issue to be poor, live with it or buy a data plan good way to build customer loyalty there!!!  The reason I bought these these phones (I have 5) is because I did not need a data plan and as this if the ONLY phone I or anyone in my family has ever owned that the onboard music app requires data from the internet, it never entered my mind a data plan would be required. Like I said seems to be a implementation to force the user into a data plan.  

• 11. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    ImjinScout13 Newbie

Mind don't have the music screen either!  I guess this is a software issue with Sprint?  Can we get a fix.  At 150 dollars month it would be nice.

• 12. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    ImjinScout13 Newbie

Wow had an older Rumor that had the music option!  Sad pay more get less!  Been nothing but problems with Sprint the past 2 months.  And not getting better! 

• 13. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    ImjinScout13 Newbie

FYI Sprint, you are falsely advertising about the Rumor Reflex S then.  Go to your own **** link below:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?deviceSKUId=75500153

• 14. Re: Music on Rumor Reflex
    kgm032 Newbie

@ImjinScout13.    Be happy you dont have the music feature as it would cost you to use it.    I am moving on already took the bite on the $60 etf on one of my phones and moved on to cricket mobile bought my own phone which brand new was no where near the inflated price Sprint charges for the same phone on the Easy Pay plan and less per month and no ETFs.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points