1 2 3 13 Previous Next 181 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 5:27 PM by SprintCare RSS

4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix

HILLLDYS1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

When will we have 4g/4g lte in phoenix? Sprint has the worst service.

• 1. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprintcast Social Care

HILLLDYS1,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have recently started to add LTE service in the Phoenix area. Over the coming weeks and months you should start to notice LTE in certain areas of Phoenix while our Network teams are testing and tuning towers that have had LTE added to them.

To see what's taking place in your area; can you please provide your zip code and cross streets there?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 2. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Delta_Astro Newbie

I was about fed up with Sprint until yesterday. I use my phone 100% of the day, and I need high speed data everywhere I go. I was willing to even pay the ETF as I don't have much longer in my contract, and TMobile was offering me a great deal. I just wanted 4G LTE like everyone else was had. Even Cricket has 4G LTE!

However, earlier this week, I was on the I-10 westbound heading to the far west valley, and I had 4G LTE from 7th street until all the way to 83rd avenue. Lo and Behold, there is a hope for Sprint. But, I was driving and I didn't want to capture my screen while occupied.

Then yesterday, I was at the Denny's on 67th avenue and the I-10, and the screen shot below tells the whole story. And I will tell you, their 4G LTE was fast.  Then I drove home and it went back to 3G. So, there you have it. Maybe not too long, we too will come out of the dark ages! Phone is a Samsung GS3.

2013_09_05_16.48.46.png

• 3. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprintcast Social Care

Delta_Astro,

Thanks for posting regarding your experience with LTE. Our Network teams are working diligently to expand our LTE footprint for our customer throughout the country, If you would like to provide the zip code and cross streets for your home location, I would be happy to check to see if the towers there are scheduled for upgrades as of yet?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 4. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprint_AZ Newbie

I was driving on the 101 between Ray and Warner, in Chandler, when I noticed 4G light up on my Galaxy S3.  It appears Sprint is indeed rolling 4G out in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.

13 - 1 (1).png13 - 1.png

• 5. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprintcast Social Care

Sprint_AZ

Thanks for that update as well, and we're happy to see that you're also receiving some LTE coverage at this time in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Over the coming weeks and months, our Network teams will be adding additional LTE coverage there for more availability.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 6. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    alberto.lopez718 Regular Visitor

So how much longer before we can truly see some 4g in the east valley? Like in the zip code of 85008?

• 7. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    BLAVA9 Regular Visitor

mesa Az 85202

• 8. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    BLAVA9 Regular Visitor

85202 baseline an Dobson Mesa AZ

• 9. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprintcast Social Care

alberto.lopez718,

Thanks for the question. "718" sounds like you hale from the NYC area? In the zip code of 85008, all towers are scheduled for Network Vision upgrades to start within the next 90 days initially, for network improvements, and will receive LTE upgrades within 180 days.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 10. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprintcast Social Care

BLAVA9,

Thanks for the question as well. For the location that you provided, all surrounding towers are under the same schedule as well. They're scheduled to receive Network Vision upgrades within the next 90 days, and LTE upgrades within the next 180 days. We have however recently activated an LTE tower near S. EXTENSION RD FIRE STATION that is currently being tested and tuned.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 11. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    20ASDOH15 Newbie

Is there any place to have a running list of the towers/areas that have been updated to LTE? I wont wait 6 months to have LTE, and will change plans if it wont be in my regular area of existing.

Thanks.

p.s. i'm normally in 85296 and 85206

• 12. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    Sprintcast Social Care

20ASDOH15,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We currently do not have a site that will advised you of where a LTE tower is located, but once a market is launched for LTE, customers can go to www.sprint.com/coverage to view available LTE coverage.

For the zip code 85296, a tower near E. WARNER RD is scheduled for LTE upgrades within the next 90 days.

For the zip code 85206, we have a tower near S. GREENFIELD RD that is also scheduled for LTE upgrades within the next 90 days.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 13. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    AZBigLou78 Newbie

Can you please tell me if there will be 4G LTE service in Tempe, AZ 85281?

• 14. Re: 4g/4g lte coverage in Phoenix
    K3lvin0 Newbie

Mesa, AZ    85201

1 2 3 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points