1 2 3 5 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 10:32 AM by SprintCare RSS

MN service has become wholly unreliable

Astrobuf Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

For the past 4 months, even voice service in the Mpls/St Paul area has become intollerable. I have an HTC Evo 4g and so am working only on 3g towers.  Despite this, I am gettign dropped 5-6 times / day as I drive about on the major freeways of the area.  This is worse than the service was 10 years ago when I first became a Sprint customer.  What is going on withthe NV upgrades that Sprint cannot even sustain decent voice service levels?  I am fed up, we've been waiting on LTE here in Mpls/St Paul for almost 2 years.  I patiently waited on empty promises of LTE coverage "soon".  If I'd have known basic service would fall apart, I might have made another decision than to wait for Sprint.

I've been paying a premium data service surcharge for years and get awful service.  What for?

Astrobuf

• 1. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Stilts88 Social Care

Astrobuf,

The $10.00 premium data charge is not for 4G LTE service, as a whole the charge is for smartphone devices, being that smartphones use more data compared to feature phones. Sprint is able to keep data unlimited while not having to place restriction limits on the customer or throttle data. I want to find an answer to your question in regards to the upgrades, to do so I will need for you to provide a zip code and cross road of area with major usage.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Astrobuf Regular Visitor

Yes, I understand that the $10 is not for LTE, but it is for Data Services use.  Whether 3g, 4gWiMax, or the Easter Bunny that is 4GLTE in MN, I am not, and most Sprint customers are not getting what they pay for. 

4gWiMax service has become a joke and 3g service, whether voice or data has become wholly unreliable.  Sprint really has fallen away from its brand and service commitments.  If I managed a large engineering project the way Sprint is handing this NV program, I'd be fired!. 

I manage a large Engineering department who all use Sprint phones, so I know my personal experience is not isolated.  We're even getting letters from our IT organization telling us Sprint Service is poor, but it'll get better some day.  What I want to know is why is Sprint not willing to fess up to how badly they have botched this rollout?

• 3. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Astrobuf Regular Visitor

Major points of disruption would include:

Interstate 494 between Mpls and St Paul,

Highway 110 East of the Mendota Bridge

Highway 61 between St Paul and Hastings MN

I94 between Mpls and Rogers MN

Highway 394 between Mpls and Wayzata MN

It's everywhere.  I manage a large Engineering & Technical Services organization as well and my staff which work all over the US cite the same problems.

• 4. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Stilts88 Social Care

Astrobuf,

Thank you for your replies and I am happy to address your concerns and understand you’re longing for answers. To be able to provide you with some clarity having a zip code(s) for the area(s) given would greatly help in my search. I do don’t come from or am familiar with the MN location, to confirm when stating Mpls, this is Maples? I do realize time is of the essences and will work as quickly as possible to bring insight for you.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

• 5. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Astrobuf Regular Visitor

Mpls is Minneapolis, the major city in Minnesota.

I can't really give you zip codes for these various locations, please look at Google maps.  The areas I speak of however are large tracts and outages/dropped calls seem to be happening in many places, not just one tower or two.  Today for example, I was dropped twice while driving southbound on Highway 61 between Newport MN and Cottage Grove MN.  I was also dropped on Highway 110, just east of the Mendota Bridge (Mendota Heights MN).

Astrobuf / Pat McGuire

• 6. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    DMTrudgeon Newbie

I too am having dropped calls, the area code to check is 55443. Most Specifically the intersection of 89th Crescent N and Loch Lomond Blvd. Brooklyn Park, MN 55443. Please advise what the issue is. Two Iphone 4S's started dropping calls on 9/10/13.

• 7. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Stilts88 Social Care

DMTrudgeon,

Thank you for the information; with the isolated area the reports gave insight for the cause of your dropped calls. The area does have one tower that is under Network Vision, however due to the tower being rebuilt from the ground up and back haul being integrated at times the tower capacity is not were it should be. The result of this is transactions being re-directed to route through near by towers. There is a tower out and the time to have resolved and delays subside has been escalated. I understand this time can be frustrating and I thank you for your patience as techs are working vigorously.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

• 8. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Stilts88 Social Care

Astrobuf,

The reason I ask for a more detailed location is because just like when driving down a street there are light poles, not all light poles cover and light the whole area of the street.  This is also true for cellular towers. Thank you for the reply, I will do my best with the information you have given, please know that it may take some time to get back to you since these are not pinpoint locations and I will be using outside resources.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

• 9. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Astrobuf Regular Visitor

Yesterdays dropped calls were near Newport MN  55055, Cottage Grove MN 55016 and Mendota Heights MN 55150

As mentioned, this is kind of pointless as the service disruptions are everywhere.  I see call drops or failure to reach a tower regularly on my travels and those of my staff.

Please let me know what you find on the specifics I've listed.

Thanks

Pat

• 10. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    fireguy_6364 Master

they will need a bit more with the specifics..searching an entire area and every tower in that area is a bit much..especially if they are having to look at towers that your people arent even connecting too..make since? if they are constantly mobile its going to be hard to narrow down the issue or if its due to tower upgrades..if they are at specific locations at least the towers can be narrowed down to either see the issue or send someone out to that location to check..

• 11. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Stilts88 Social Care

Astrobuf,

Sorry for the delay in response. Although it may seem like the impacts in service stretch everywhere. Which I am not dismissing and will report for investigation. However, my reports detail with one main tower in the general area of all three that has seen better days. This tower covers the Mpls, St Paul and Bloomington areas. There is a deficiency with the circuit and is being tested for further resolution.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

• 12. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Astrobuf Regular Visitor

Got dumped again yesterday about 3 times.  As usual, on Highway 110 near Dodd in Mendota Heights (55118).  Also dumped on I-35E near I-494 (55120), Also near 3M Center (I-94 & Century Ave) (55144)

Astrobuf

• 13. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    GPINT Newbie

I have also been experiencing a larger than normal amount of dropped calls lately.  I am located in New Prague, MN  56071  Yesterday I had to call the same person back 3 times to finish a short conversation.

• 14. Re: MN service has become wholly unreliable
    Astrobuf Regular Visitor

Just bombbed out twice again from my dining room.  55105  Intersection of Cretin and Randolph.  Network busy error.

1 2 3 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points