1 2 3 4 68 Previous Next 1,007 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2014 4:55 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    John032060 Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

Thank you Shannon,

Samsung called me this morning, and I reiterated the issues surrounding the Sprint variant of the Note 3 listed here.  I also provided them with this website as a resource for their investigation into the matter. The Samsung representative I spoke to may or may not get this information to the appropriate Samsung support technical staff, and thus, whatever you can do on your end should benefit the Galaxy (pun) Note community at large.

Thank you for your assistance. This may be the tip of an iceberg if all Sprint Note 3 smartphones have this crippling voice quality issue.

I encourage everyone who has purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone and experiencing these issues (connected call receiving voice distortion, garbled, high pitched popping, frequency morphing, etc) to take the time and post your experience.

It might also be beneficial for someone who's purchased the Sprint variant of the Note 3 and not experiencing call voice distortion to relay the same.

Has anyone purchased a Sprint Note 3 and is not experiencing these issues?

Thank you.

John

• 16. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    Audi4u Newbie

Thanks for the post John.

Same issue in North New Jersey,  3 separate note 3 phones same problem.

Planning to return all 3 phones on friday.

Tried all audio settings, even with as far as to turn off all optional features which didn't have any effect.

Interesting note is call quality is perfect using Vonage phone app over wifi/3g through internal speaker , headset and speakerphone. Leads me to believe it's software problem.

Thanks

Andre

• 17. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    JessicaLynnJR Newbie

Thanks, John. Definitely having this issue with my new Sprint Note 3 in southern Indiana; I dropped my client five times within an hour long call today. Then, after getting disconnected in the middle of service calls with 2 different Samsung reps the third insisted that there were no issues reported with the Note 3 and a factory data reset would fix it. I'm on hours of calls every day and it's extremely frustrating to have work this massively interrupted because my only phone garbles the other party's speech and disconnects every 5-10 minutes.

• 18. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    Joichi2 Regular Visitor

Same thing here in Connecticut.

I have been told by my friends that I sound tinny and muffled.  I have dropped calls where I have never dropped them before.  The call quality I hear has the pops and modulation as well.

• 19. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    Joichi2 Regular Visitor

I called Samsung and after a while with the tech reps I was told that it must be a network issue so I will have to bring it up with Sprint.  They said since it only occurs on calls then it must be a network issue.  I asked if they were automatically eliminating any chance of a manufacturing or design problem and the Samsung rep told me this was the first she had heard of the issue. 

Called Sprint and went through all the things, restart, reset, update the MSID etc.  They finally said to bring the phone back and exchange at the Sprint store.

• 20. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    legendr34 Newbie

I have the exact same issue over here in La Mirada, CA

My Note 2 was perfect, but the 3 has terrible reception issues near and around my home area. I keep hearing distortion and popping on each call, but no dropped calls. Very annoying.

• 21. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    John032060 Expert

Thank you all for sharing your personal experiences.  It is interesting how ones owner (Andre) experienced no voice signal corruption when using a third party app.

The issue is also widespread and not limited to either the black or white variant.

Sprint continues to state that the cell towers are not at fault, and since the locations affected are so widespread, it does look like an issue with phone hardware or software.

A bit of history regarding Samsung acknowledgement of phone issues: it probably won't happen, sad as that may be. 

The Samsung Galaxy "S II" had horrible 3G/Data reception. This was well documented on the WEB, yet with each call to Tech Support, Samsung denied ever hearing about the LOS/LOC (Loss of Service/Loss) bug, as it became known as.

I'm going to write those online Galaxy Note 3 reviewers and ask them "what gives" regarding their rave reviews of this phone, and challenge them to review the reality of the matter.

I'll give them this Sprint Community online resource for their investigating, and thus, please continue to post your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 voice call corruption issues.

Since my Note 2 had/has absolutely no call quality issues per se, and since it's using the same cell tower as the Note 3, things really do feasibly point to a hardware/software issue.

Usually, the Carrier will point to the manufacturer, and the manufacturer will point to the carrier. Thus, don't be surprised if you get the run around, nor if a factory reset nor exchange resolves the matter any time soon.

That's just been my personal experience and observation.

My personal recommendation is to just keep returning the phone within 12 days (to be certain their "count" isn't off) as long as they'll allow and/or until you get what you're shelling you're hard earned money out for: a fully functional and horrendously expensive piece of electronic equipment.

Please keep relaying your concerns. If nothing more, misery loves company.

Thank you.

John

• 22. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    Shannon_DE Social Care

Hello to all experiencing these issues with the new Note 3.  I have reached out to some higher-ups here at Sprint who is looking closely into this matter.  We are now needing more detailed information.

If any of you having this issue could please PM me with the following:

Subject line:  Note 3 voice issues

Your name

Your phone number

Where you purchased the device (store name, and a city at least)

Date of purchase

If you've done an exchange, and if so, is this your second, third, etc device and have experienced the same issue on all (or not)

Any troubleshooting you've tried, and whether it has worked or not.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

*Shannon

Social Care

• 23. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    John032060 Expert

Thank you Shannon!

It is refreshing to "get somewhere" in this matter, and it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• 24. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    DutchmanNJ Newbie

Message sent, great phone but can't keep using this phone if this doesn't get resolved.  It is a phone after all...

• 25. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    John032060 Expert

I'm hoping Shannon can quickly get either a Samsung or Sprint response. Once the issue is identified, it's in everyone's best interest to get it resolved quickly and as painless as possible.  It is not only frustrating, but expensive during already hard times.

John

• 26. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    John032060 Expert

Galaxy Note 3 owners with in-call voice corruption/noise/garbled and poor voice quality issues, please see the message by Sprint Representative "Shannon".  She's requesting all who are experiencing issues to send her private mail in the format she provided.

This is our opportunity to show Sprint/Samsung that an issue obviously exists for a hopeful speedy resolution.

Please log your complaint with Shannon (her message gives you a format to use). Just click on her BLUE NAME at the top of her message, then choose "Private Message". Don't forget to include "Note 3 Voice Issues" as the Subject line.

Thank you

John

• 27. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    phybaoptikz Newbie

I started a thread about this at xda developers forum and there are a few people with this issue as well.  I am on my 3rd note and they all exhibit the same behavior.    I have all black note now and it didn't make all difference.  Now I did find something strange today.  I work for FedEx and was in a different town today with no lte or upgrades going on and my voice quality was awesome.   No pops or garbled sounding mess.  I also noticed that while I was roaming, my call quality was perfect.   Now I'm back home and my call quality has dropped tremendously.  I'm back to the chirps, crwckling, pops, etc.....so I've come to believe that it's not a hardware issue with this phone as everything else works until I make a call on these new and improved upgraded towers.   I live in augusta ga btw.   My Samsung galaxy s3 didn't experience this before upgrading.  

So I'm assuming the radio firmware needs a serious update to be compatible with these new upgraded towers as no one on t mobile or at are having these issues from what I've researched. 

• 28. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    phybaoptikz Newbie

Everyone with issues, let's try this, if you can, go somewhere where u would roam and make a call and see if the call quality improves.  If it dpes, I'm almost certain we have bad radio firmware on our phones for the new towers 

• 29. Re: Galaxy Note 3 voice garbled, popping, morphed, etc during calls?
    lizziep00h Newbie

Roaming or not I dont notice a different maybe a little less pops but thats about it. Also is anyone experiencing the phone getting extremely hot only at the top portion of the phone mainly around the area of the camera after a few minutes of use? Thats the other issue I'm facing with this phone.

1 2 3 4 68 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points