Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04
- Updates the device to Jelly Bean version 4.3
- Software version is: GJ04
- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period.
Device selection is random
- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for install instructions
Changes in 4.3 can be found on Google's site.
And before you upgrade....better decide if hardware video acceleration is important to you or not
Also, this will be the last update for the Galaxy Nexus. Google will not be releasing 4.4 KitKat for it (any version, not just Sprint).
Got a response from Samsung concerning the data connection after 4.3 update - basically a hard reset... Here's what they said:
Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.
After reviewing your email, we understand that you are not able to connect the apps using Mobile data.
We would like to inform you that Samsung technical department didn’t receive the issues regarding the same. However, we will provide you with the troubleshooting steps.
As the issue started after Software update on the phone, to fix it the device need to be reset to the factory defaults. We should inform you that Factory Reset will set the phone to factory defaults and erase all the information. Back up the data on the phone to PC before reset. Please follow the below mentioned steps for Factory Reset.
1. Power off the handset.
2. Press and hold both Volume keys, then press and hold the Power key until the Bootloader displays.
3. Use the Volume keys to scroll to Recovery. Touch the Power key to select.
4. Wait for the Recovery screen to load. When the Recovery screen appears, press and hold the Power key, then press the Volume Up key.
5. When the Android system recover menu appears, release the Volume Up key and the Power key.
6. Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset. Touch the Power key to select.
7. Use the Volume keys to scroll to Yes and touch the Power key to select.
8. Wait for the reset to finish. While reboot system now is selected, touch the Power key to reboot the headset.
We are positive this will resolve the issue.
I will not be updating to 4.3 for any reason to many problems with video, streaming and signal loss 3G 4G WIFI.
Seems the video hardware and antenna binaries/code is not up to par for this device.
I just hope they give an option to decline the update and not get nagged or forced to after so long.
have a look at the Google groups nexus devices forum.
Many posts previously here on these boards as well to the issues.
This to me is not a Sprint problem. It is solely on Google and the android OS on the Gnex phone.
Mine runs just fine on 4.2.1
It is too bad the last update we Gnexer's receive is problematic.
The best way to cure I guess is to get the Nexus 5 or a Note3 and be done with it.
Help prevent distracted driving. Get Sprint Drive First FREE at the Google Play Store.