9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 6:00 PM by Nikeboy32 RSS

Iphone 5s activation

ELLIE091 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I wrote to Better Business Bureau about you Sprint. Take a look at my letter attached. Have a GREAT DAY

photo2.JPG

photo.JPG

• 1. Re: Iphone 5s activation
    SprintIronman Social Care

ELLIE091,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately your attachment is not popping up. Can you let me know what issues you're coming across? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: Iphone 5s activation
    ELLIE091 Newbie

On November 5th 2013 , I received a brand new I phone 5s from Apple. It took me 3 weeks to get it. I went to activate it and it did not work. It keeps asking for my billing zip code and pin number, once I put that in, it tells me that SPRINT cannot verify me and to call sprint tech support. I called their Tech support and got bounced from one person to the next so I decided to go into a store; I went into the store on 51st street and Lexington Avenue where nobody knows ANYTHING. They called Sprint tech support and you know what they said, go to apple, it is there problem. Really, I can't activate a phone and the phone itself says sprint cannot verify you and you're telling me to go to apple? Does that make sense????????????

So I go to apple and wait 2 hours to get an appointment and they call sprint....meanwhile while I'm waiting for my appointment I called sprint 8 times, to which every person tells me it should work now and it didn't. One of the representatives flat out hangs up on me because he didn’t want to deal with it anymore. Once I saw the Apple people, they called Sprint, to which the first time they told the apple rep that they are having activation issues and it will be fixed in 2 hours, which I did not believe at all.  Well it has not only been longer than 2 hours but it has been over 24 hours and it still does not work. 

So now I have 2 phones, my old 4S and my new 5s, so I try to re-activate my old phone because the new one hasn’t worked yet, so I turn on my old phone and reactivate it and the internet does not work at all, it keeps saying not connecting to cellular data. I called Sprint AGAIN today, they said oh for some reason your phone isn't connecting to the cellular data....ok thanks well make it connect that is your job isn't it....if it is broke, FIX IT. She said she doesn't know why (fyi her name was Angela) and to completely erase my entire phone and start again.

I did that, it still doesn’t work.

Ok so now I have 2 cell phones which NONE of them work and none of the tech support know how to fix. To top things all off, Sprint decides to charge me a onetime upgrade fee, because I upgraded to the iphone 5s. I called them and told them the phone does not work, I did not upgrade and that they need to take the fee off. They said okay, they still have not. I called again, said the same thing, it has been 2 days that they haven’t taken the fee off. I’m not paying for a upgrade fee when I am using my old phone.

Ellie

• 3. Re: Iphone 5s activation
    ELLIE091 Newbie

photo2.JPG

• 4. Re: Iphone 5s activation

ELLIE091,

Thanks for your reply. At any point have either we or Apple tried to replace the new phone outright to try to mitigate the issues? Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and security information so I can dig deeper into this? Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 5. Re: Iphone 5s activation
    Nikeboy32 Regular Visitor

To tell you honestly I went thru the same process the other day. It took about 2 hours before the phone got activated.

• 6. Re: Iphone 5s activation

Nikeboy32,

Thank you for posting. When you were dealing with this, was this in a store or over the phone? Did they advise as to what caused this or how they were able to work around it? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 7. Re: Iphone 5s activation

I just followed the directions on the phone.After 3 hours it got activated.

• 8. Re: Iphone 5s activation

Nikeboy32,

Thanks for your reply. I apologize for the delay in activation. I'm certainly happy it was able to be completed and hope you enjoy the phone. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 9. Re: Iphone 5s activation

it's ok my phone got activated the same day. hey man I used to work in a cell store so I know how it goes. When I was still living in Orange County, CA. My brother had a cell store in Torrance. We always tell our customers to wait for their phone to get activated in 1 to 24 hours time. If that does not happen we usually would call up their cell phone providers 1800 number. We used to sell a lot of cell phone plans ranging from Cingular to Nextel Sprint back then had crappy phones.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points