This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 1:49 AM by Boogie3825 RSS

SG4 Notification Panel Mobile Data button Removed by 4.3 Update

CarolC-Tampa Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

The Mobile Data quick setting button was removed from the Notification Panel when the 4.3 update installed. 

Removing Mobile Data from the Notification Panel IS VERY INCONVENIENT for those users who cannot use our employer's WiFi to check our personal email because of the employer's firewall settings.  It is also inconvenient because both GPS and Mobile Data need to be On to effectively use Navigation (Scout).  GPS is still a quick setting button on the Notification Panel but Mobile Data is not.

Using the Notification Panel to QUICKLY turn off WiFi and turn on Mobile Data so email can be accessed, then QUICKLY turn off Mobile Data to save both Data and Battery WAS great. However, the 4.3 update removed Mobile Data from the Notification Panel and it is not showing as an available Quick Setting Button when I try to customize my Notification Panel.

Turning on GPS and Mobile Data to have a smooth navigation experience WAS quick and easy, now it takes 2 extra clicks to get to the Mobile Data setting using Notification Panel, Settings, Data Usage track.

Sprint, Android, and/or whoever thought that data usage would decrease by making it inconvenient to turn Mobile Data ON, remember that you made it just as inconvenient to turn it off.  Leaving Mobile Data On decreases battery life... which irritates EVERY user.  AND... leaving Mobile Data On means that as soon as WiFi is not in range the phone automatically establishes a data connection with the nearest tower, which increases data usage.

PLEASE Put Mobile Data back on the Notification Panel quick settings!

• 1. Re: SG4 Notification Panel Mobile Data button Removed by 4.3 Update
    kd.fst Social Care

CarolC-Tampa,

Thanks for the post. I understand that changes in upgrades can be frustrating. Unfortunately, Sprint has no bearing on those decisions when it comes to an upgrade. This is something that you would need to petition to Samsung and Goggle. Sorry for the lack of info.

Sean L

• 2. Re: SG4 Notification Panel Mobile Data button Removed by 4.3 Update
    J.P.WHITE Newbie

How do we raise the issue to Samsung and Google?

When roaming internationally, I frequently turn mobile data off and on, so I do not exceed the meager international roaming plans that are available.

Any ideas how to get this features added back in.

• 3. Re: SG4 Notification Panel Mobile Data button Removed by 4.3 Update
    Boogie3825 Newbie

Got an easy fix you guys! Go to the Play store and grab 'Power Toggles' app - works great. When configuring the quick link bar just include the icon that has two arrows 'one-up and one down' Shuts off the 3G/4G so you dont accumulate data usage. If its true Sprint doesn't have any control of this then Sprint is kind of getting the shaft in my opinion. Moving data costs money regardless, and if Sprint still has the cash flow to give us practically unlimited data... we as customers need to try and be responsible and shut off the mobile data when you can. Be tedious about switching to Wi-Fi. Just got a Note today and was really sad to find out that this feature was missing from the quick links bar. I just would be so sad to lose all that data usage.
    "

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points