This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2011 9:24 AM by ClaudiPo RSS

Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question

theboxermansr Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I recently had Sprint Data Plus Pack added to one of my lines, after a rep (supposidly accidentally) removed my previous data pack. I was "told" that the Data Plus Pack includes nagivation, but I can't find anywhere where it indicates that it does, or does not. When I click on the feature under my plan detail it does not give me any further info other than that it's included in my plan and can't be removed, or something along those lines.

So.. I'm trying to find out if in fact it does include Navigation. It was added about a month ago by a supervisor in eCare/eChat and she told me that it does include navigation (I haven't tried to use it yet, as I don't want to get charged for it, and since I'm sure Sprint would have no problem making me pay for it, even though I was told it was included, I don't want to risk it).

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

If it is the plan I am remembering it should include navigation. I'm not at work right now to look it up though to make sure. How much does it cost you per month? There were a series of data packages in the past that each had small differences and price differences. If it is $15/mo then that does not include navigation, but that package was never under the Plus name I don't think.

If it is $25/mo that includes the Navigation and the TV/Radio Premier channels. It is roughly equivalent to the Sprint Data Pack ($15) and the Data Premier add-on ($10) now.

If it isn't a plain dollar amount like that, but something cut in half (like $12.50 or something) it is a specially offered plan that would take more digging for me to find out exactly what it has included.

• 2. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question

It was offered to me for 0.00, as when I changed to a BlackBerry I had to get the Blackberry data pack. I ended up going back to my old handset, and the only 0.00 pack they were able to re-offer me was this one. They told me it included navigation, but like I said, I haven't been able to verify it anywhere on Sprint's site.

• 3. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question

From what I can find on the internet (since I don't have the tools at work to double check right now), it looks like the Plus pack is essentially the regular data pack with additional TV channels included. I can't find anything saying it includes Navigation. But since it is a $0 add-on I again can't be sure even from the info that would normally be available at work. Those specialty codes are very specific compared to the regular data packages.

My recommendation to get an answer quickly, try and load up Sprint navigation. If it loads up you are good, if not it will warn you if you don't have access.

• 4. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question

Just loaded it, and it didn't prompt me for anything other than a message telling me not to use it when I'm driving, and then my first and last name, and email (optional). I didn't actually try to use it to get directions anywhere, but I'm guessing if I made it as far as I did already, I should be fine. I guess I can try it out later and worst case if I get charged, I still have the chat transcript so hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to get it fixed.

• 5. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question

If it loaded right up into the program and didn't prompt you to pay for a subscription or about a trial then you are good to go. This kind of issue is one reason the entire plan structure was overhauled when the Everything plans came out. So many different options and names that it was impossible to remember what came in which package.

• 6. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question
    TracyStarnes1968 Newbie

I am having the same issue now with the same plan only now they tell me navigation was never on the sprint data plus pack and you dont need the data packs to access the navigation that the data pack is only used for internet and picture mail only.I have it for a year as part of my plan and now suddenly over a year later they cant explain why I had it and why my son still has it but I have to pay for it when he is on my plan.But they can change my plan for more money or add it for more money under my data plus pack.Hahahahahaha

• 7. Re: Sprint Data Plus Pack  -- Question
    ClaudiPo Silver Expert

I can't say I fully understand your situation, but in general, in order for a service like Sprint Navigation or Sprint TV to work on your phone and to not get charged for it, codes are built into the rate plan or plan add-on.  So it is not a matter of whether you have a data add-on per se or not that you can use Sprint Navigation or not, but whether the particular add-on you have has the respective codes built into it.  If you and you son access the Internet to browse, send email, download apps, games, etc. you do need a data packs, and that would be the reason why you have them..  If you don't use any of these features, you can remove the data pack as long as it's not required for the phones you have.  If you have phones that require a data pack but you're fully aware that you do not use the Internet, you may want to consider downgrading to simpler phones and save you a bunch of money in the long run.  Just be aware that without a data pack you incur casual data charges if you do happen to use features or service that do require a data connection.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...