This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 9, 2009 7:43 PM by halcyoncmdr123 RSS

How do I get my Sprint Smartview & Sprint Mobile Broadband Wireless Card to connect to the internet ?

Currently Being Moderated

Yesterday I spent several hours getting my laptop fixed up with Sprint Smartview. The authorized sprint repair guy said my Pantech PX-500 Sprint Mobile Broadband Wireless card isn't the problem and perhaps something in the laptop itself is keeping it from connecting me to the internet. The other wireless connection (RaLink for linksys) has been disabled...I sit next to an external wall and window, too.....still no connection. I have to do live webcasts 6 to 9 times a month on the internet and now I have to use the RaLink to connect to internet. Today I was fortunate to do 2 intro webcasts without delay or being dropped.....I want to do this with the Smartview.

What should i do ??  by the way I keep getting an error dial up message that says dial #777 then hang up...I don't use my card for dial ups. I have magicjack & skype voip for that and keep them disabled until I use them.

• 1. Re: How do I get my Sprint Smartview & Sprint Mobile Broadband Wireless Card to connect to the internet ?
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

The mobile broadband card dials into the Sprint network with the #777.

If you haven't already. I would recommend uninstalling the connection software and restarting the computer. Then make sure there are no folders in C:\Program Files\ that are named "Sprint", "Sprint Connection Manager", "Sprint SmartView", "Sierra", "Pantech", or "Novatel". That should clear out any lingering information from previous installations or previous cards you may have.

Then reinstall the software, using the latest version for the card from http://www.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/pantech_px_500.shtml if possible. Do not have the device inserted when reinstalling the software. After the installation restart the computer, plug the card in,wait for it to find the hardware and install the drivers, and run the SmartView software.

99% of the time this fixes the issue if it is a problem with the software. If that doesn't fix it, it could be the card, if possible try it in another computer. Or it could be a setting on the computer from a firewall or something that is blocking the connection. The software installs what it needs to connect, but if there is some other program blocking the connection it will just spit out error messages.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points