This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2009 10:46 AM by wingland RSS

SOLUTION: Can Anyone Play wav-File Voicemail Attachments from Exchange(cisco)

Currently Being Moderated

I KNOW about the different flavors of wav files.  I KNOW that maybe the IT guys could change the type of WAV file they sent from Cisco phone systems, but they refuse.  I CAN'T use google voice because this is my work phone.  I am looking for an app solution or a codec I can plug in to the stock player.

I have found a few references to this in my googling about.  The Palm Pre couldn't do it.  My Treo755 couldn't do it either until I bought the Mvoicemail app from Motionapps.  Motionapps supports PalmOS, WebOS, and WinMobil.  No response about an android version.

Anyone in this forum have the same issue with voicemail attachments from Exchange?

I have saved the file to my SD card, connected my phone to a computer and played the wav file, but that sorta defeats the purpose when I can play it from outlook on the same computer.

Thanks

Since I got ZERO responses here, I had to look elsewhere for help.

You may want to check out the Phandroid sprint htc forum.  Much more useful exchanges going on there.

The PARTIAL solution to bad WAV attachments from Cisco voicemail (not VOIP) is here:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/11324-major-problem-htc-hero-need-help.html

I tried it and it works.

Hope this helps someone else.

Rick

Message was edited by: masq57

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points