This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2010 1:50 PM by tartake RSS

My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

My email server (mail.rwlynch.com - 205.160.15.190) was blacklisted by several service providers when one of our user accounts was compromised by a spammer.  The spamming problem has been cleared up but SprintPCS.com still refuses to accept messages fro my mail server.  I had to contact a few service providers to request removal from their blacklist.  How do I get my mail server IP address removed from the SprintPCS.com blacklist?

Here is a copy of the responses I receive when I try to send a text message from my email server.

09-10-16 00:00:42 0148: Resolving MX for messaging.sprintpcs.com (1xqqts6-MSG9depo)

09-10-16 00:00:42 0148: MX for messaging.sprintpcs.com is mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com [68.28.217.6]
09-10-16 00:00:42 0148: Connecting with mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com [68.28.217.6]
09-10-16 00:00:42 0148: Connection established with mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com [68.28.217.6]
09-10-16 00:00:42 0148: < 554 lxnipc6003.nmcc.sprintspectrum.com
09-10-16 00:00:42 0148: Error: Permanent message handling problem [60]

Thanks in advance for the assist.

E.F.

• 1. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    wingland Sprint Admin

I'll send it in Monday, but generally we can't unblock - we use subscription services to determine if mail servers are 'clean' or not.

Sorry you're stuck at the moment, but it should clear up soon as your IP gets unblacklisted.

• 2. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

Is there a way to find out which of the spam services SprintPCS.Com subscribes to has blacklisted my server?  I cleared the one database I could find that had my server on its' blacklist.  I can’t find any others.

Thanks,

E.F

• 3. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    wingland Sprint Admin

I checked and your IP is 'neutral' - not blocked.

To have us officially look into SMTP SMS delivery/spam filtering/rate limiting/throttling issues you can simply call our Care department (numbers listed on http://www.sprint.com/contactus/ )

They'll route the issue to the Service Management team who handle the techncial changes, etc.

Thanks,

Will

• 4. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    wingland Sprint Admin

Sprint uses the SenderBase / Ironport email security system.

http://www.senderbase.org/

• 5. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

I too am having the same issues.

A now ex-employee was found abusing their account which resulted in our business email server being blacklisted on multiple services.

We have since removed ourselves from those sites but still are not able to send SMS messages to our customers.

We NEED this service returned in order to perform our business actions.

Please let me know what we need to do to be put on the whitelist for sprintpcs.com

Thank you,

Curtis

• 6. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

Hi,

I am having the same problem with Sprint.pcs blocking all mailings from our company's domain. As of now, sprint.pcs is blocking us at a 100% rate and I can't seem to get in touch with the right person to request a whitelisting. We're a respectable company, only mail to those who signed up for our mailing list and have clear unsubscribe links. Could you give me the postmaster's e-mail address? Or the address of someone else who can assist with this issue?

I tried postmaster@sprint.pcs.com and that didn't work. I also called last week and got transfered around to about six different people because no one was able to help me. I'd really appreciate some contact info. Thank you SO much for your help. If you need more information, you can e-mail me privately, as I do not want to post our company's information on a public forum. Thanks!

• 7. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    wingland Sprint Admin

As mentioned earlier in the thread, we use the rating system by Senderbase - they have defined processes to get your network back in the 'white'.

Thanks,

Will

• 8. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

We regularly check our sender scores via senderscore.org and they are usually at 90. This is something we take very seriously. I also checked the sender reputation tool you use and there are no identifiable problems, which means there's no reason sprint.pcs should be blocking our domain. My guess is that a user who subscribed to our mailing list hit the SPAM button instead of clicking on the subscribe link. This is what usually causes our problems.

All I would like is the postmaster's e-mail address (or someone who can help me) so I can personally explain the situation and request a whitelisting. Now that I have checked and am certain there is not a problem with our sender reputation, is there someone I can speak with about this issue? There is nothing else I can do. Thank you!

• 9. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

I meant to say "a user clicked the SPAM button instead of hitting the unsubscribe link." I would appreciate your assistance wtih this matter. Thank you!

• 10. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

I also forgot to add that sprint.pcs is currently the only ISP blocking us right now, indicating it is not a problem with our domain.

• 11. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    wingland Sprint Admin

What does Senderbase report for your mail server?

To have us officially look into SMTP SMS delivery/spam filtering/rate limiting/throttling issues you can simply call our Care department (numbers listed on http://www.sprint.com/contactus/ )

They'll be able to have a ticket dispatched to the mail administrator team.

Message was edited by: wengla02

• 12. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com

I checked all three of our IPs and we have a "good" e-mail reputation on all three on SenderBase.

As I mentioned before, I actually tried calling that customer service number and got transfered around to six different people because no one was able to help me. I finally got someone's voicemail and he never returned my call. This is why I'm requesting a specific contact that I can speak with about this issue. This has been extremely frustrating. I'd really appreciate some assistance with this matter.

• 13. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    wingland Sprint Admin

biabbiab wrote:

I checked all three of our IPs and we have a "good" e-mail reputation on all three on SenderBase.

As I mentioned before, I actually tried calling that customer service number and got transfered around to six different people because no one was able to help me. I finally got someone's voicemail and he never returned my call. This is why I'm requesting a specific contact that I can speak with about this issue. This has been extremely frustrating. I'd really appreciate some assistance with this matter.

There is no direct contact.  Ask them to open a CTMS (Clarity) ticket for the BMG (Messaging Group).  That should do the trick.

• 14. Re: My email server is blocked by sprintpcs.com
    caryjj Newbie

We are getting the same problem. lcsods1.linnsheriff.org 65.117.204.10. I checked senderbase.org and we have a good reputation. I checked the scoring site mentioned in another thread and we are low risk. I called customer service who would only promise a callback. I tried asking for a CTMS(Clarity) ticket for BMG (Messaging Group) and he wouldn't place it. Also I asked for the Service Management team and he wouldn't transfer me there. I was only promised a callback after someone did some resarch.

Also, I couldn't register for this forum under my work email because that bounces off of our server too when your server sends the activation link. I used my personal email and it worked fine.

Can someone give me a better number to contact?

Thank you,

Cary

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points