This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2009 11:25 AM by Denny_D RSS

What is NAM?

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Under Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Network Settings there is an option "Switch NAM".

Once in this option there are three more:

NAM 1 (selected)

NAM 2

Auto-NAM

What does this do and what happens if NAM 2 or Auto-NAM are selected?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: What is NAM?
    Denny_D Silver Expert

Number Assignment Module.

A part of the phone that stores a wireless device's phone number, lock code, timer reset code and other user information. The NAM is programmed by the service provider when a device is activated. The NAM also associates the Mobile Identification Number (MIN) with the Electronic Serial Number (ESN).

Some wireless phones have dual or multi-NAM features which allows the user to have more than one phone number. (Two "lines" on one phone.)

• 2. Re: What is NAM?
    Regular Visitor

Number Assignment Module (NAM): The NAM is the electronic memory bank in the wireless phone that stores its specific telephone number and electronic serial number.

• 3. Re: What is NAM?

The default is Nam1.  Is there any advantage switching to Auto-Nam.  Thanks.

• 4. Re: What is NAM?
    Denny_D Silver Expert

If you only have one number assigned to your phone then there is no advantage. Leave the default as NAM1.

• 5. Re: What is NAM?
    Regular Visitor

Up front, I have my MSL available.

How do I program NAM2, say from another pre-paid carrier... I tried #data## and #[my MSL]## and I just don't see those options. I've done this before on a different phone. Anyone?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...