This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2010 8:33 PM by bpmax RSS

Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?

Currently Being Moderated

Not sure if this is a problem or not sure how to use my hero?  In the old voice mail system, I was able to call into the Sprint Voicemail and press 2 to send a voicemail to anyone on Sprint. On the my new hero, in the Visual Voicemail, I found I can compose a message and then send it to the Sprint number. So far ok, BUT, the voicemail seem to never reach the other person. Can someone help me with this?

Also can someone give me a reason, why Sprint can not change my Visual Vociemail to my old voice that I had on my old phones? So far the response is they can't. I like a reason.

The hero is a great phone, just a little fustrated with the Visual Voicemail and the lack of help from Sprint.

• 1. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    Regular Visitor

I don't know much and forwarding voicemail but you might just need update your visual voicemail.  I installed my VisVM about two weeks ago.  One day it stopped working.  Turned out an update had come out and I had to reinstall it.  After the re-install it worked fine.  You can find the update in Market.  Good luck.

• 2. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?

Thanks, but my Visual Voicemail is update. I took it to a Sprint Store and they checked, but didn't have an answer why my voice mail isn't being recieved.

• 3. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    Regular Visitor

rmlimages wrote:

Thanks, but my Visual Voicemail is update. I took it to a Sprint Store and they checked, but didn't have an answer why my voice mail isn't being recieved.

thats sprint people for you, im not saying all but a lot of them are confused.

• 4. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?

I think the most fustrating part of this problem, is Sprint customer care and in person from their stores can not give me an answer why I can not change back to their old voice mail system. The only answer I get is "you have a Hero and the Visual Voicemail is the only voicemail system you can you with your phone." No one so far can give me an answer WHY!

• 5. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    Sprint Admin

I don't have an answer about why you can't go back to the old voicemail system. It may be related to how the Heros have to be provisioned and there may not be an option to have it use the other system.

Visual voicemail had problems starting 10/31 that lasted a couple of days.  Are you still having the same issue?

• 6. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    hakudoshi Valued Member

So if visual voicemail is the only system we can have can anyone explain to me why my voicemails have stopped coming thru to the visual voicemail and I receive no notifications of any voicemail and the only way i can see i have messages is by dialing in. I had no problems until this past sunday when I was left a message but had no idea I got it until yesterday when I called the voicemail and saw I had new messages.

• 7. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    Regular Visitor

I had a similar problem with Visual Voicemail... It just stopped working.  I called customer support and the girl told me the problem was due to the poor signal strength I have in my house.  My phone shows "1X" and not "EV" when in my house and she said Visual VM doesn't work unless you are on EVDO.  I thought I was just going to have to give up my Hero.  But, fortunately, that was not necessary.

When I would check for updates on Visual VM it told me there were no updates.

- I uninstalled Visual Voicemail:  Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications (wait for screen to load), then select Voicemail and Uninstall.

- Then, in the 'Applications' menu (Menu > Settings > Applications) put a check mark next to "Unknown sources" (this step is necessary to allow re-download of Visual VM)

- I went back to the homescreen and selected Voicemail and it prompted me to download.

- After the download completed successfully I went back to the 'Applications' menu (Menu > Settings > Applications) and removed the check mark next to "Unknown sources".

After doing the uninstall/re-install Visual VM worked properly again.  So, even though it said I was on the latest version, either it wasn't, or, something was corrupted.

I hope this helps.

• 8. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    wingland Sprint Admin

hakudoshi wrote:

So if visual voicemail is the only system we can have can anyone explain to me why my voicemails have stopped coming thru to the visual voicemail and I receive no notifications of any voicemail and the only way i can see i have messages is by dialing in. I had no problems until this past sunday when I was left a message but had no idea I got it until yesterday when I called the voicemail and saw I had new messages.

Hak -

Can you recieve SMS messages?  Go to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/ and send yourself a text message.

If it never comes through, check your memory -- if it's down around 10 or 15MB you may have gotten bit by a bug we're working on fixing.

If you can't get SMS messages and are low on memory, take the phone to a Sprint service and repair center for a fix or replacement.

Sorry...

• 9. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?

Is the memory problem related to the Bluetooth issue and did the MR fix it or is that yet to come.  Also, I love the phone everyhting works great excpet for bluetooth

• 10. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    wingland Sprint Admin

Yes - bluetooth 'connecting' error and memory leak, and Yes, it's fixed in the update according to the internal release notes.

Sarah's getting final approval to post the release notes.

• 12. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    Regular Visitor

Bah, my visual voicemail hasn't worked for a long time and I've just done the uninstall. However, when I go back to Voicemail expecting a download prompt, instead if force closes. Now I have no more visual voicemail...         

• 13. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    Regular Visitor

I would try removing the icon that was there, then shut down your phone and restart.  After restarting your phone add the voicemail icon back to your desktop and see if it will prompt you to download after you access the new icon.

If that doesn't work, call customer support for assistance.

• 14. Re: Visual Voicemail problems on my new Hero?
    hakudoshi Valued Member

I have had no problems with my SMS. I just uninstalled the voicemail program using appmanager, rebooted and installed the voicemail thru appmanager and it works perfectly fine now,

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points