This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 9:17 AM by Denny_D RSS

Flava Flav said WHAAAAT?!?

sarafolkerts Product Ambassador
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I'm Sara. I work for Sprint. I wanted to clear up some confusion out there after our recent Sprint commercial featuring Flava Flav hit the air. We’ve had a few customers that were confused by the ad – and not just about why we used him as a spokesperson! Ha!

Flava (as I call him) mentions a family plan at $42.50. That’s correct – but it’s our family plan broken out per line.

Seriously – only $42.50 per line for a family of four. That includes unlimited mobile calling (terms and conditions apply, of course), unlimited messaging (if you have teens, you know this is a must) and unlimited data (that includes surfing the web and all of the other great stuff your phone can do). Plus, you get our Any Mobile, Anytime offer, too. That means you can call any wireless number in the country (that’s 250 million people!) for FREE, without using your minutes. No other carrier can offer that kind of value.

Here’s how it breaks down: The Everything Data Family 1500 plan from Sprint is $129.99 for two lines. And it’s only $19.99 per month for two additional lines. (Prices exclude surcharges and taxes…blah, blah, blah…) And again, with 1500 anytime minutes plus free calling to ANY mobile phone in the country, and nights and weekends starting at 7 p.m., Sprint customers are getting an amazing deal.

Verizon and AT&T’s family plans cost $55 per line. You could save $600 a year on your family phone plan with Sprint! Oh, and did I mention that you don’t have to keep track of your restrictive calling circles, make calls only within your network, wait until 9 p.m. for your nights and weekends to start…well, I could go on. But I think you get my point.

So, what would Flava do? Family plan from Sprint all the way. Yeaaah boiiii!

• 1. Re: Flava Flav said WHAAAAT?!?
    miketech_79 Bronze Expert

saramiller wrote:

Hi, I'm Sara. I work for Sprint. I wanted to clear up some confusion out there after our recent Sprint commercial featuring Flava Flav hit the air. We’ve had a few customers that were confused by the ad – and not just about why we used him as a spokesperson! Ha!

Flava (as I call him) mentions a family plan at $42.50. That’s correct – but it’s our family plan broken out per line.

Seriously – only $42.50 per line for a family of four. That includes unlimited mobile calling (terms and conditions apply, of course), unlimited messaging (if you have teens, you know this is a must) and unlimited data (that includes surfing the web and all of the other great stuff your phone can do). Plus, you get our Any Mobile, Anytime offer, too. That means you can call any wireless number in the country (that’s 250 million people!) for FREE, without using your minutes. No other carrier can offer that kind of value.

Here’s how it breaks down: The Everything Data Family 1500 plan from Sprint is $129.99 for two lines. And it’s only $19.99 per month for two additional lines. (Prices exclude surcharges and taxes…blah, blah, blah…) And again, with 1500 anytime minutes plus free calling to ANY mobile phone in the country, and nights and weekends starting at 7 p.m., Sprint customers are getting an amazing deal.

Verizon and AT&T’s family plans cost $55 per line. You could save $600 a year on your family phone plan with Sprint! Oh, and did I mention that you don’t have to keep track of your restrictive calling circles, make calls only within your network, wait until 9 p.m. for your nights and weekends to start…well, I could go on. But I think you get my point.

So, what would Flava do? Family plan from Sprint all the way. Yeaaah boiiii!

This is all great. But what if you would like to call land-line numbers? I call about half of my monthly minutes to land-line numbers.

My plan is the following:

sprint_bill_img_2009-10.JPG

Again all great I am on an old legacy plan (2000) with old retention offers, which will likely end when I want any new phone. So how is it if you are on a family plan you can pay $42.50/line for all this stuff and a single line pays $69.99 for all this stuff?

I mean 1500/4 = 375 minutes does not equal 450, I can get that. So this would be $58.33/month for 375 minutes and all that you list here. This is still more money than $42.50.

Sprint's math does not make sense!

• 2. Re: Flava Flav said WHAAAAT?!?
    Denny_D Silver Expert

130+20+20=170/4=42.50 Everything Data Family with 1500 shared minutes and Any Mobile Any Time.

• 3. Re: Flava Flav said WHAAAAT?!?
    miketech_79 Bronze Expert

Dennyd wrote:

130+20+20=170/4=42.50 Everything Data Family with 1500 shared minutes and Any Mobile Any Time.

Everything Data (per family line) $42.50 does not equal Everything Data (single line) $69.99

Everything Data (single line) should be available at $58.33 based on 375 minutes ratio (1500/4) and not 450 for $69.99.

Why is it no one gets my simple math. Sprint must be really good at brain-washing people. Now that I read this post it makes me realize all that much more how that $69.99/month plan is not a good deal at all.

$58.33 times 4 = $233.32, which again does not equal $170.00. Everyone on this site is slamming Sprint for not understanding families (Data on all 4 lines when only 1 needs it for their smartphone). It seems that families are getting a better deal while everyone else is paying through the nose.

• 4. Re: Flava Flav said WHAAAAT?!?
    Denny_D Silver Expert

It is volume discounting. More lines, lower cost per line.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...