This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2009 7:52 AM by Quasi_is_back RSS

Direct Connect and Group Connect now included in all plans

halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee
Currently Being Moderated

Domestic Direct Connect and Group Connect service is now included with all plans.

Customers that currently pay for the service will not automatically be converted over to the free add-on. Customer Care and retail store employees should be able to make the change without issue however.

All plans are eligible for the free addition, including the Basic 200, Month-to-Month, Talk, Everything Messaging, Everything Data, and Everything Plus plans.

International Direct Connect is still available for an additional charge.

• 1. Re: Direct Connect and Group Connect now included in all plans
    Gold Expert

Kevin:

Just to verify what you meant by the above post...

Do you mean that SprintNextel has decided now to included unlimited Nationwide Direct Connect and Unlimited Nationwide Group Connect on all contemporary rate plans?  And on other rate plans, such PTT features can be added on at no extra charge, but it requires the subscriber to call into CS or go to a SprintNextel retail store to do so, correct?

And obviously, International Direct Connect would still be a $10/month add on, right?

• 2. Re: Direct Connect and Group Connect now included in all plans
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

Unlimited Domestic NDC and Group Connect is included in all plans. If you currently pay for NDC and/or GC then call into Care or visit a store to have this changed to the free addition instead.

The system coding is not updated to include NDC in all plans, most likely to keep the overall number of plan groupings down it is instead a free addition with no plan limitation. Keep in mind that in the billing system there are multiple entries for say an Everything Data plan. There's one for the 1xRTT "Vision" phones, one for the EvDO "Power Vision" phones, one for Blackberries, one for PowerSource, one for NDC on Sprint and one for the visual voicemail phones. To prevent that for every plan it is instead a free attachable.

International DC is still a $10/mo add-on, correct.

• 3. Re: Direct Connect and Group Connect now included in all plans
    Bronze Expert

That was one of the smartest thingings they've done in a while. Now all they have to do is put DC on all future phones and get group and international working on the Sprint phones with  DC. oh yeah, gvive us some more options ont the Sprint side of DC too

• 4. Re: Direct Connect and Group Connect now included in all plans
    Gold Expert

Kevin:

Can they add it to my plan online?  Or do I have to call into CS or visit an actual store in order to have the nationwide direct connect added to my plan?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found out the hard way.  I called into CS, and the CSR stated that she added it to my rate plan... Yeah, right.  Well, that was about a week ago.  So what do I see when I got my bill?  A nice surprise (not a good thing) of being billed an extra $4 for nationwide direct connect.  HUH?  So I got online and asked the CSR online to verify it.  She checked and said that the previous CSR that I spoke with on the phone apparently didn't know the difference between regional DC and nationwide DC...and thus put in the wrong code.  The online CSR did reimburse me the $4+tax, and corrected the error.  Took a total of 20 minutes being online and holding (honestly, that was ok, since it allowed me to do other things), plus the initial 2 minutes that I spent on the phone with the first CSR.  Overall, problem fixed.

Thanks Kevin for the info.  Much appreciated.

Message was edited by: quasijedi

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...