This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2009 9:39 AM by BKOLandA RSS

late bill and collection agency.

Currently Being Moderated

I received an email on 11/5 saying that i had a week to make a payment on my late bill or else I would be turned over to a collection agency. The day AFTER I got that message I mailed a money order of $35 and haven't gotten confirmation that anyone has received it. I just received a letter in the mail from a collection agency yesterday(since it's now 12:41am) saying that I still owe the full amount that I owe, and that the $35 hasn't been subtracted off yet. Can anyone help me here?

  • 1. Re: late bill and collection agency.
    johnydubbs Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

    I would suggest calling care to see if maybe the money order and letter bypassed in the mail system. also if they havent recieved it try to see if their is a way to track said money  order and see if it was cashed.


    hope  you get this worked out.

  • 2. Re: late bill and collection agency.
    Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

    I am also able to check into this for you if you would like. You may PM me your account information and I will be happy to notify you of the payment history on the account for your concerns. Just let me know if I can help!

  • 3. Re: late bill and collection agency.
    Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

    Depending on what status your account was in and how much it was behind, the 35.00 may not cover it. However, it can take from 7 to 15 business days for your payments to post if you mail them, depending on whether or not your mail them to the correct lockbox. If you mail to a lockbox other than the Dallas TX listed on, it could take a little bit of extra time for your payment to post. If your payment has not posted yet, you need to call care and have them place a missing or misapplied payment dispute on the account to freeze your balances and keep your services from being interrupted.


    You will have to fax/mail in proof of payment, aka, the receipt from the moneyorder. If the money order was cashed, they will locate it and move that balance to your account (this is in instances of the money order going to the wrong account by accident). If the money order was not cashed and you can provide proof of purchase, another resolution will be applied. It just depends on your situation.


    To be safe and make sure your services stay activated, you should make a payment through or the IVR by dialing *3 from your handset. I'm not sure if you are suspended, hotlines, or in I cant tell you how far past due you are, but you do defnintely need to call and have them open up a misapplied/misrouted payment dispute.

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...


  • Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points